Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 Democrat race ie next President USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:52pm
Age has to be a factor for most of them .

Rest assured ,    The final years are rapid deterioration .

I won't mention PT & Whale but you get the drift.    
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:19pm
What a thread. So it's Orange Man Bad or "at least he's better than that lot."
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:55am
Whatever...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:01pm
Hey Bob, it has started before the debate, and not surprisingly it is Elizabeth Warren going after Pete Buttigieg, and doing it on campaign finance going at him personally. He is also copping it harshly from a couple of left wing commentators. Pete has them all worried. Dont green out just yet.Wink

After high flying for a couple of months she took a big hit over her healthcare plan and particularly how to pay for it and is realistically looking at being done after Iowa caucus. I imagine most of her support will migrate to Bernie, if she falls.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Hey Bob, it has started before the debate, and not surprisingly it is Elizabeth Warren going after Pete Buttigieg, and doing it on campaign finance going at him personally. He is also copping it harshly from a couple of left wing commentators. Pete has them all worried. Dont green out just yet.Wink

After high flying for a couple of months she took a big hit over her healthcare plan and particularly how to pay for it and is realisticallyTt looking at being done after Iowa caucus. I imagine most of her support will migrate to Bernie, if she falls.

PT I have had a lazy $125 bet @ $8, I am getting a great run for my money and will do nothing until he shortens into evens then I will crush the bet back on Betfair,
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:10am
More attacks coming his way Bob. The field sees him as the biggest threat to each other.

I had a small wager on Betfair(view of greening out) on Amy Klobuchar @ $71. She is very under rated and is plugging along through the centre lane between the 4 front runners. She is not a big fundraiser and doesn't have a high name recognition, but sticks on the 3% line and has made the final 6 for the December debate, which must give her a boost. She will not be a target but can take shots herself. As others drop around her I am betting she will hang in there and will shorten.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:25am
I flicked over to Sky for one minute while the pollie waffle segment of Insiders was on. Panahi was bleating a big fat 100% lie about Elizabeth Warren - her career is based on preferential treatment because she claimed to be native American. 100% bullsh1t. The other two goons with Panahi of course were in furious agreement with her.

One minute! Imagine having to endure the whole show.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:38am
Trump Celebrates Christmas. LOL
Brilliant Clap

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I flicked over to Sky for one minute while the pollie waffle segment of Insiders was on. Panahi was bleating a big fat 100% lie about Elizabeth Warren - her career is based on preferential treatment because she claimed to be native American. 100% bullsh1t. The other two goons with Panahi of course were in furious agreement with her.

One minute! Imagine having to endure the whole show.

Now this one ( panahi) IS an absolute dud Tlaz and sky have had a number of them imo, one of their very few newsreaders of quality has disappeared too ( Ashleigh) forget her surname, I'm a switch hitter for news channels now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
Elizabeth Warren apologises for being a race fraud:   

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said she should not have claimed to be Native American, the latest mea culpa this year after boasting about DNA test results last year.

Warren in 2018 said a DNA test proved that she had Native American ancestry, telling President Donald Trump he owed money to a charity of her choice. Trump had challenged Warren to take a test, ridiculing her claims.

The test showed she had as little as 1/1024th Native American heritage, which would be less than most people descended from Europeans...

Warren wrote “American Indian” on one of her job applications and was described as Harvard Law School’s “first woman of color.”

“But even so, I shouldn’t have done it. I am not a person of color, I am not a citizen of a tribe. And I have apologized for confusion I have caused on tribal citizenship, on tribal sovereignty, and for any harm that I’ve caused,” Warren added on Friday.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:10pm
It is only wacky media like that and extremist Trumpers with no actual followers on twitter talking about that Bob. They are then trying to claim that she should repay her Harvard salary. Not getting much traction. 

Neither is the ongoing ''debate'' with Pete over who earned what in the private sector and over showing tax returns. and revealing fundraising. Trumpers and Trump wont be making a fuss over anyone not releasing financial records.

Good that they are getting this stuff sorted out well before the Primaries start.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:17pm
Also Bloomberg in an interview yesterday said stuff that should have blown up his candidacy, but it has hardly raised any comment. With the huge news week coming up, it may get lost.

He has ordered his staff at Bloomberg News to not do any investigative work on him or any Democrat and said that his upset staff just have to live with some stuff as part of keeping their jobs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:35am
Bloomberg is a big tax dodger, like all wealthy Americans and the former member for Point Piper.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:58am
He is only there for a throw at the stumps, strike running for President off his bucket list(no volcanoes though) and to spend hundreds of millions of dollars opposing Trump. It is estimated he has already paid for $200 million for tv ads up to and including Iowa in February.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:30am
Plenty of choices at the moment.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:17am
A great shame with only a month till the first Primary.

Julian Castro drops out of the Democrats' 2020 presidential race, saying 'it isn't our time'

Posted

Julian Castro, the grandson of a Mexican immigrant who became San Antonio mayor and a US housing secretary, has suspended his 2020 Democratic presidential run in a race overshadowed by more famous liberals.

Key points:

• Mr Castro was a fierce critic of Donald Trump and championed immigrants' rights
  • He had struggled to raise money and build a profile in the crowded Democrat race
  • His departure could magnify criticism about the Democrats' lack of diversity

The departure of the only Latino from the campaign, a month or so ahead of early nominating contests in Iowa and New Hampshire, leaves 14 Democratic candidates seeking the party's nomination to take on Republican President Donald Trump in November.

Mr Castro, 45, a rising star in the Democratic Party, did not garner enough support to compete against better-known candidates, including leading progressive candidates US Senators Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-03/julian-castro-leaves-democrat-race-donald-trump-us-election-2020/11838414

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:42am
The 2020 presidential race should be held at the geriatric olympics - minimum age 70.

Americans are weird.Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:47am
Mayor Pete who is surging in polling and in funds raised is a 37yo whipper snapper. He is considered the front-runner in the early Primaries/caucus in most polls

Elizabeth Warren hasn't declared her funds yet but is struggling.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:17am
I think the age thing this time around is a reflection of what Democrats major priority is, removal of the existential threat Trump and getting their dignity and country back.

A known quantity with very high recognition is winning at the moment followed by several other known quantities of similar vintage. If a younger candidate can be seen as able to beat Trump and still articulate a positive message, movement in their direction will follow.

The first 4 primaries will be very important for momentum but this time around there are a number of very wealthy candidates who dont need public funding to stay in the race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:29am
Well with Pete firming in the market it looks as if my better half’s interest in US politics might be worth it after all, seeing we got $ 8 Pete to get the nomination. I would not have placed that $125 bet without her twisting my arm.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:29pm
Can you make it all up Trump Bob?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
Trump is evens to win if you shop around, although it was reported in this morning’s paper someone had $250,000 on him to win the election@$1.85.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Iowa only 3 weeks away. Polls are getting interesting.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:24pm
Interesting?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:32pm
I really dont expect you to get it stayer.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:37pm
I think we are dreaming if we think Trump does not win again.

Unfortunately the silent feral majority are all Trumpettes.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:44pm
The way Bernie is surging is not good. He cant beat Trump without help.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I really dont expect you to get it stayer.

What am I not getting? Or what are you not getting? Kamala is gone, PT. Get over it.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:52pm
How anybody could think any of those people are better than trump, even with terminal TDS, just amazes me. It really does. Yang maybe, but the rest??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 7:01pm
Kamala hasn't gone anywhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>