Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:58am

How the hell do you know we do not feel sorry for the deceased person ?

Edited by Gay3 - 01 Jul 2020 at 1:54pm
reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:53pm
More to the point, what good does that do ?  As you say they are dead and all our sympathy cant bring them back.
The families left behind to pick up the pieces are the ones I feel for.  They live with that for the rest of their lives.
My friend,s 17 y.o. grandson just stepped off a cliff, in spite of his family doing their best to get him the best help available,  and its almost killed his unwell Grandfather .  And the suicide of her grandson, added to the health of her husband , is killing my friend.   They are the ones need my sympathy now.  Its too late for the boy.

animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:54pm
Italian composer Ennio Morricone, whose haunting scores to spaghetti westerns like A Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly helped define a cinematic era, has died at the age of 91.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:01pm
... didn't have him, don't care. Do enjoy a Spaghetti Western though - Lee and Clint are great!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:15pm
Wrote the musical score for Cinima Paradiso,  theme from this show is magical and I rate the movie in my top 10 ever, loved it.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:17pm
I can't believe he lived that long!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:20pm
Might be the olive oil mate, remember, all oils ain't oils.LOL
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 3:10am
RIP Charlie Daniels

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 7:13pm
I guess Charlie is now taking on the devil with his fiddle
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:04pm
The devil went down to Georgia.  
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:08pm
Alex ''Chumpy'' Pullin 32 year old Olympic snowboarder. Drowned while spear fishing on the Gold Coast today.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
Spear fishing proving dangerous in Qld this last week.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:38pm
Might have had a medical episode. The sea is flat at the moment.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:57pm
There are many dangers in diving, and with the number of sharks around now following the thousands of whales, that is a further risk.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:04pm
32 y.o. ... a game changer for anyone who had him ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

It would be a delirium of joy, Doc, to have picked him, just so lucky. Embarrassed
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:40am

macabre humour at its worst...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 12:12pm
The take-home message about "Chumpy", and surprisingly not mentioned in any media I saw, is don't go diving alone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 12:55pm
Yeah, first thing my OH said too.  You should never dive alone, and he would know that rule surely.
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

macabre humour at its worst...

I try check in here on a regular basis for your name jj ... just because I care!Hug 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:51pm
Happy now?Big smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:53pm
You find it offensive, I find it funny. Thats why Im happier ...
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:41pm
RIP Jack Charlton

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:14pm
Kelly Preston, wife of John Travolta, at age 57, from breast cancer.

Cry

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm

Happy now?Big smile

I tune in every so often to see if the insanity has been discovered...and the inmates locked up...

HugBeer
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:30pm
Are you locked up JJ. ?      Practice wot we preach.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 7:29pm
Was Kelly Preston a "scientologist" like Travolta ? Stunning looking creature in her younger days, I was surprised to hear she went to school in Adelaide of all places. 
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:50pm
She was a "scientologist" max. I don't know how long prior to Travolta  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:08pm
Seemed to be in the thick of scientology making movies with Tom Cruise and Travolta, and they were all into it. Hard to believe. Nothing is as it presents, in Hollywood.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:10pm
Elvis Presley's grand son Benjamin Keough dead at 27, a suicide by gunshot apparently.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>