Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Zoustyle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoustyle
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:57am
This bloke has his 2nd race start today in race 4 at Sunny Coast. Won his first start by 5 lengths and his only trial by 12 lengths. Ran time in his first win by leading and careering away. Will be interesting to see if something can lead him tomorrow to enable Brad to take a sit and add another string to his bow. Looks a promising speedster and should make it 2 from 2.
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:26pm
Can't wait see this horse again here.
Sunline...simply supreme
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
Hope you didn't blink :) Untouched and a gap job again. Ran decent time on an affected track as well. I like him. 
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:56pm
He's several grades above his current opposition. Do they keep him going for an early spring stakes race in Sydney or spell for the QLD summer carnival?
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
Looks to be doing it all on raw ability, so would benefit from a spell.
Untapped potential and is flying, so could no doubt keep racing.

Tough call.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
Had a chuckle this morning. Owner??? was spruiking him as a Group winner while the trainer was trying to bring the hype down a couple of notches. Guess the horse will tell them what to do but I'd dip the toe while he's hot. They can always tip him out if he isn't competitive with the better ones down south.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:08pm
No early nomination for the Golden Rose which closed the other day
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:30pm
He's a gelding.
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:49pm
Must be a reason for him to be gelded so early as he's by a top young sire from a a marvelous German female family.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:54pm
I heard autumn is the focus.
Sunline...simply supreme
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:58pm
Which is 7 months away.  Could/will the owner cop that patience?
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 6:03pm
What a
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:01pm
Not that good, Outback Barbie should have nearly won, and isn't even a 1200m horse. Zoustyle will be the next Most Important/I'm A Rippa, or maybe a little bit better - will never win a G1, just a solid G3-G2 Winter carnival horse.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Not that good, Outback Barbie should have nearly won, and isn't even a 1200m horse. Zoustyle will be the next Most Important/I'm A Rippa, or maybe a little bit better - will never win a G1, just a solid G3-G2 Winter carnival horse.

Barbie had every chance, why should she have won
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 9:43am

Barbie got hooked wide and every hope..he just ran them off their feet. He will get 1400.

Did the Sydney horse break down? Or broken heart?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Barbie got hooked wide and every hope..he just ran them off their feet. He will get 1400.

Did the Sydney horse break down? Or broken heart?

Found to be lame in front
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 5:58pm
Further to that

Andrew Bensley @AndrewBensley 2h2 hours ago

Trainer Adrian Bott says 3YO Chess Star took a very awkward step early in the straight in yesterday’s race at Doomben and lost all action. Thankfully has displayed no serious injury. Plan is too press ahead towards @mmsnippets Guineas on January 12.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm
I do not mean to be critical, but however the caller was, I was upset with his call, specifically the over the line comment, that Chess Star folded quickly.

Anyone who saw the race would have seen, he took a awkward step in the straight and he looked like he was going to drop out, before regaining his stride late.

Probably just pulled a muscle or hit a nerve or something, but the caller was a bit harsh in his description of Chess Star's run.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:59pm

Zoustyle remains unbeaten

Racing Queensland

18 May, 2019

The distance of 1400 metres will pose no threat to Zoustyle but any thoughts of running the unbeaten gelding in the G1 TAB Stradbroke Handicap are still up in the air according to trainer Tony Gollan.

Despite wanting to get on with the job midway through his first up assignment, the speedy son of Zoustar found plenty in the run home to hold off Godolphin’s Plague Stone in 1.09.02 when winning the $105,000 JRA Plate (1200m) for three-year-olds.

Zoustyle, which now boasts six wins from as many starts, was due to run first up in the Gold Coast Guineas on May 4 but was scratched due to a heavy track.

He entered today’s race a $7 all-in favourite for Queensland’s premier handicap at Eagle Farm on June 8 but Gollan is reluctant to commit to the $1.5 million sprint with an interrupted preparation.

“He’s a really impressive horse but was pretty fresh today and needed the run,” Gollan said.

“Whenever they’re unbeaten you get a little bit more anxious coming to the races, but he executed very well today he had a very good horse chasing him and kept his margin.

“He’s got a lovely high cruising speed, I thought they were going a lot slower than they were the first 600 metres he just makes galloping look so easy.

“There are plenty of options for him, we could go to The G2 Moreton Cup (over 1200 metres) in a fortnight, I’m not sure where he sits in The Stradbroke order now, or we could bypass that and go to the three-year-old race (Daybreak Lover) on Stradbroke day.”

Any questions as to whether the gelding could run out a strong 1200 metres against quality opposition were answered today but the 1400 metres still poses question marks for some, except Gollan.

“Definitely, 1400 metres won’t pose any problems,” Gollan said.

Zoustyle wanted to get his head up in the air as the field headed down the Aerodrome side of the course but jockey Brad Stewart wasn’t too concerned.

“It didn’t worry me too much, it was only a couple of strides he’s been bursting out of him skin to race and that can happen when they’re a bit keen," Stewart said.

“I knew we had Plauge Stone chasing us, but I was travelling nicely and didn’t need to ride him out hands and heels.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:29am
Come on mate, you either think the horse is a group 1 horse or not!

You can not sit there and say he is and then say oh we weill dodge the group 1 for a 3yo race.

Personally he reminds me a bit of Perast, from last year, especially in racing style. Depends on what the field is but even with 50 kilos, he will need a career best to win, I mean even Quilista ran a quicker time and at least that mare has form at the 1400m.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:30am
Sorry Gay, that come on mate was aimed at the trainer!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Come on mate, you either think the horse is a group 1 horse or not!

You can not sit there and say he is and then say oh we weill dodge the group 1 for a 3yo race.

Personally he reminds me a bit of Perast, from last year, especially in racing style. Depends on what the field is but even with 50 kilos, he will need a career best to win, I mean even Quilista ran a quicker time and at least that mare has form at the 1400m.

Does it need to as absolute as that?  He's simply keeping his options open.  Horse might not even make the field for the Stradbroke.  His rating was 92 prior to this last race and historically you would struggle to get in on that.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:00pm
If Quilista is a second favourite Lordy, then the field is not going to be a vintage one so, 92 should get you in.

This is the Winx factor coming into this. Trainers are now looking for picket fence preparations and they are not prepared to challenge their horses against the odds.

That is why I do admire Maher for at least trying this weekend with Dubious, at WFA. While he may not win, if he finishes top four he has run well in my eyes, and he is taking on the challenge.

The trainer has been saying for six months he is a group 1 horse, he has a good second up record, he will never get 50 kilos in a group 1 again, and the field is not going to be the best we have seen, everything has given him his opportunity, but the trainer is still umming and aahing.

The horse is lightly raced so if he does not win he still has a horse, so take up the challenge!

Each to their own, but at least Waller faced all comers with Winx, the all comers might have been the same horses all the time, but everyone had their chance to race and beat her!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:26pm
Firstly the form of horses does not dictate the entry order so whether its a "vintage" edition is irrelevant.  Zoustyle is currently around 70th in order of entry based on handicap rating.  If he goes to 96 then he'll be up in the 50's somewhere.  A lot ahead of him won't be there but he's still going the be touch and go to get a run.

Secondly I've got no idea where the Winx comparison comes from.  She never raced out of her 3yo class and her initial G1 win was in the QLD Oaks.  Taking on older horses as a 3yo was never on Waller's radar.

No need to quote when the post's directly above.

Edited by Gay3 - 20 May 2019 at 6:44pm
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:28am
The Winx comparison, is that trainers seem more worried these days about placing horses, instead of taking on, challengers against the odds.

You had Buffering Lordy, when you and the connections thought he was a group 1 horse did you wait six months after saying eh was a group 1 horse?

Greg Hickman thought Pierata was a group 1 horse from his summer 3yo prep, and he did what all trainers should do if they think that, he ran him in the first group 1 to come along which was the Randwick Guineas, after having run on the Hobartville.

What I am saying is either the trainer thinks he is a group 1 horse, or he doesn't. He either thinks the horse can run 1400m, or he doesn't, and he either thinks he is ready to win second up with 50 kilos or he doesn't. Hois interview after the race said he was certain the horse was ready to run in the Stradbroke, but then at the end he said I might miss the Stradbroke and run him in the Daybreak Lover instead.

Unless the horse has had a setback, and he has missed some work, then I do not see why the trainer, if he thinks he is ready would miss the Stradbroke!   
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:41am
Won’t win Straddy.. wouldn’t race him, has a lot of talent but next prep in spring let him rip..
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

The Winx comparison, is that trainers seem more worried these days about placing horses, instead of taking on, challengers against the odds.

You had Buffering Lordy, when you and the connections thought he was a group 1 horse did you wait six months after saying eh was a group 1 horse?

Greg Hickman thought Pierata was a group 1 horse from his summer 3yo prep, and he did what all trainers should do if they think that, he ran him in the first group 1 to come along which was the Randwick Guineas, after having run on the Hobartville.

What I am saying is either the trainer thinks he is a group 1 horse, or he doesn't. He either thinks the horse can run 1400m, or he doesn't, and he either thinks he is ready to win second up with 50 kilos or he doesn't. Hois interview after the race said he was certain the horse was ready to run in the Stradbroke, but then at the end he said I might miss the Stradbroke and run him in the Daybreak Lover instead.

Unless the horse has had a setback, and he has missed some work, then I do not see why the trainer, if he thinks he is ready would miss the Stradbroke!   

I thought trainers always thought about placing their horses where they can win. This is no new phenomenon. Zoustyle biggest win to date is a 3yo Listed race. Gollan is smart enough to know how big the jump up is to open G1 level. He's simply keeping his options open. If you think a horse could be G1 standard it doesn't mean you have to race at G1 level at its next start. Stradbroke is one option for them. 3yo race on the same day is their alternative. There's no rule that a trainer must unequivocally declare their intentions 3 weeeks out.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:27pm
The Stradbroke is not group 1 class.

Zoustyle is unlikely to ever get the minimum in a handicap again.

They should take up the challenge.
reductio ad absurdum
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

The Stradbroke is not group 1 class.

Zoustyle is unlikely to ever get the minimum in a handicap again.

They should take up the challenge.

Might not even get the chance. Has to beat the ballot.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:42pm
ZOUSTYLE (AUS)Brown gelding 2015 
Zoustar
Bay 2010
Northern Meteor
Bay 2005
Encosta de Lago
Bay 1993
Fairy King
Bay 1982
Northern Dancer
Fairy Bridge
2-d