Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Historical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

You Tube Must Sees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You Tube Must Sees
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:20am
I was clicking around on you tube today, and found a great series called Racing Hall Of Fame.

It is a series of segments, around 5 minutes each, which showcase some of New Zealand's champion racehorses (plus horses who were bred there as well as sires like Zabeel and Sir Tristram).

If you ever wonder why Balmerino is such a revered horse in his home land, and considered underrated in Australia, then take a look at his segment.

If I was a race club I would try and create something like this to give my club a online presence.

Tontonan is right when he was talking about the shut down of the Millers Guide. Racing is shocking at promoting it's history. One of the reasons I was clicking around you tube, was to try and find the 1989 Australian Cup to use the finish for a promotion for my sports show on saturday mornings, but no luck.    

Anyway take a look, if you have not already, it is well worth your time!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:36am
I enjoyed watching those videos too. Castletown, Rough Habit, Bonecrusher and Empire Rose amongst others.

Really good viewing for those who love a bit of racing history.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:56am
Those videos are from the New Zealand Racing Hall of fame site which is well worth a visit.

They do it so much better than we do and it is a tremendous promotion for NZ racing.

RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:02pm
What an amazing site.....yesterday,by chance on a google search, I found THE 1940 AUSTRALIAN STEEPLECHASE

won by DARK DAVID carrying the no1 saddlecloth and humping 11 stone 5lbs to a narrow victory over the fast finishing COLLIER carrying 9 stone 5lbs

This horse has a great meaning to our family. It's a great story.

Go to this site and enter any OLD race that may interest you,perhaps with extreme luck.

The search box for the above race....I entered 1940 AUSTRALIAN STEEPLECHASE and it found the race under 1940 MELBOURNE STEEPLECHASE

RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:37pm
Your loss...hidden here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic