Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Written By

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Her best run of her life has been the quick back up to win the Millions. So doubt it.

From one easy race to another.
reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Her best run of her life has been the quick back up to win the Millions. So doubt it.

From one easy race to another.

I know you're a fan of Written By, and fair enough he looks handy enough. But to me the Millions form for once is the strong form coming into this race. Ef Troop + Sunlight are two leading chances.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 6:01am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Pago Pago runners to win GS since 1983.
Can't say for certain it was always a week before the Slipper.
Stratum
Prowl
Star Watch
Rory's Jester
Inspired
SPIN

Magic Night runners to win: 
Calaway Gal
Bint Marscay
Bounding Away
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:46am
LOL Nice confidence SG.

Steeple grass looked fine today, perhaps they thought it would be too wet for WB. My guess is that they feel he needs the run and experience on Sat
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Hard to back to a horse, regardless of it's class, when the trainer really doesn't want it running there.

And at 2 bucks?

Leave me out.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

Hard to back to a horse, regardless of it's class, when the trainer really doesn't want it running there.

And at 2 bucks?

Leave me out.

Spot on Straight Connector, his hand has been forced due to postponement of trial on Monday, obviously would need this hit out to clear the cobwebs but wouldn't want to cut him in half one week from his target , discretion needed imo fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

What's wrong with Canterbury?

Just heard that Admire Winner, Ittetsu and Satono Rasen have been at Canterbury in quarantine.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 2:50pm
No love for this horse after his effort to day? .half a second faster than the fav. for the Slipper , oh well wel'll wait for the dust to settle lol, got a week to sort it out.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 3:15pm
Lots of love for Written By Carioca.
Gutsy win. I just hope he didn't do too much. 

That half a second may be a gut buster.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 3:35pm
Just a cheeky post mate, bit of water under the bridge yet, good colt v good filly, weight swing for fillies, barrier draw most important imo, possibility of rain?..intriguing, got to say seem my old boss to day on tv, Neville Begg, adored him fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 4:12pm
Don't think he'll be winning now but draw and weather yet to come.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 4:35pm
Sunlight did it so much easier in her race, where as he has had to really put in today. Obviously will strip fitter next week, but I think he is beatable, compared to Sunlight.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 6:25pm
Dry Sunlight
Wet Written By
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 6:55pm
Loved the win. Doubt he'll lead next week either.  Prices are the wrong way round IMO.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

Dry Sunlight
Wet Written By

Challenge for both will be the 7 day backup.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:04am
Just checked the weather and his form. They are a good match. Question then is did the run yesterday add to his fitness for a possible slog in the wet, or take some of his energy reserves away?
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Dry Sunlight
Wet Written By

Challenge for both will be the 7 day backup.

Disagree, the trainers of both horses would not be so stupid as to compromise either of their horses.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:20pm
Yeah agree. They both only ran because they needed it. Both had qualified already. Why on earth would you run if you didn't need to and it was going to send your horse over the top?

Not to mention Sunlight has already proven she fires on the back-up. While Begg said sometimes he has to gallop Written By on race morning because he does that well.

If they get beat it won't be because of the back-up.
Sunline...simply supreme
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:22pm
Written By gets a bit stir crazy, needs to stretch his legs
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

The only reason they do not win is luck or the quick back up.

Suinlight proved very little from her backing up into the Magic Millions. 
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

The only reason they do not win is luck or the quick back up.

Suinlight proved very little from her backing up into the Magic Millions. 

Djebel, you regularly take the pi$$, I'm sure of it. I can't believe you're writing that with a straight face.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm
She had a very easy task the week before the Magic Millions and than just as easy a race in the race itself.

The two situations are incomparable. #IMNSHO 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:43pm
History is there to be defied but I think there's good reason why the vast majorty of Slippers are won by horses out of the two big leadups a f'n before. That said I've backed Enbihaar which has to defy pretty much every rule in the book - albeit only because of the BD run behind WB and the price - one's $5, the other's $51.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:52pm
A lot of pressure in this race. I can see performer swamping them.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
I'm, just relieved I've built a book on the race for a few results. Bec cause it looks a lottery to me with the rain now on the way.
Sunline...simply supreme
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm

I'm, just relieved I've built a book on the race for a few results. Bec cause it looks a lottery to me with the rain now on the way.

Which is why I'm more than happy to have backed Seabrook and Written By.  Whether I'm happy or not in six days time is another matter.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
I've put in the Slipper thread that the rain predicted is not all that much and is over 4 days with moderate temps. With heat today and tomorrow unless there is a heap more rain doubt there would be a very wet track. Soft 5 at worst is my prediction and only gets worse than that if there is more rain. Check bom- Parramatta/Rosehill maximum possible rainfall is 30mm between Tuesday and Saturday with most expected Thursday/Friday. Temp 25 on friday and 27 on saturday. 33 tomorrow. 

Calm down guys will not be heavy like last year. More than likely will be a good 4 by slipper time. 
Estijaab for me although hard to ignore written by time and sectional yesterday.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:56am

Dry Sunlight
Wet Written By

They ran on a very hot day. Classy 2yo's but the last 200 in the slipper will test them. The back up isn't easy.  
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:00pm
   Were riders staying off the rails on Saturday ?    I thought they were.

Won't be the place to be if any rain arrives.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:44pm
Did enough, bigger fish to fry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>