Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WORLD CUP 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

The highlight of tonight will be seeing if FIFA or Putin are running tonight's show.

Sepp Blatter is banned from all matches, yet Putin wants him as his special guest in his box tonight.

Will he be allowed in?

I think Vlad will have the final say.

Kim Jong-un was also invited by Putin, but as he has a state visit there next month he sent Kim Yong Nam instead. 

Senior North Korean official Kim Yong Nam headed to Russia on Tuesday to attend the opening ceremony of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Moscow, North Korean state media reported.

Kim is the president of the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly, regularly meeting with foreign visitors to the DPRK and traveling abroad on goodwill missions on behalf of the country’s leadership.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:30pm
Is Brazil's defence better than last time? Is that joker with the Afro still in their team? He's funny. I laughed my arse off watching him playing Germany.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Russia too good for the Saudi's to night,....well they better be or them soldiers will let them dogs loose , anyone see em, scary lot they are.

I backed Russia with Crownbet. They have a special where:

• Place a bet on any World Cup Group Stage match. Single match markets only.
  • Receive a $90 Bonus Bet for each Group Stage match the Socceroos win.
  • Minimum Bet $1.

Hope you didn’t bet any more than the min $1. This promo is worth a few risk free $$ although I note the promo you received was for a $90 bonus bet. Others received $100. Send me a PM if you want to know why and how you can manipulate the promos you receive.

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:36pm
France for me. Have had a small bet on them though so that probably rules them out.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:37pm
I was listening to BBC radio early one morning last week and they had a World Cup special on. Their ''expert'' tipped Brazil as specials to win the tournament.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Is Brazil's defence better than last time? Is that joker with the Afro still in their team? He's funny. I laughed my arse off watching him playing Germany.

David Luiz. He's not in Brazil's squad.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Argentinian, pretty sure.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:13pm
How do you get to see all these matches live?

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

SBS are showing the Russia game Red, then try and find a TV guide , best I can do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:52am
For those with access to UBET retail outlets they have a nice inflated odds promo this afternoon at 4pm.

Australia to score against France @$4
Normal price is around $2. Didn’t catch all the details but would assume $25 max bet. They mentioned using Tappy (use your mobile device to generate a betting slip with bar code which you scan) but not sure if you can also place it as normal on the self serve terminals. In any event, get as much on as you possibly can and then back Australia NOT to score with other books. Currently around $1.70 so a decent profit to be had here.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

For those with access to UBET retail outlets they have a nice inflated odds promo this afternoon at 4pm.

Normal price is around $2. Didn’t catch all the details but would assume $25 max bet. They mentioned using Tappy (use your mobile device to generate a betting slip with bar code which you scan) but not sure if you can also place it as normal on the self serve terminals. In any event, get as much on as you possibly can and then back Australia NOT to score with other books. Currently around $1.70 so a decent profit to be had here.

These self serve terminals you speak of, are they in the same mould as the easy bet terminals (ebt's) in VIC/NSW?

I haven't been up to Queensland for a while but l'm pretty sure the last time l was up there they didn't have the same betting machines as VIC/NSW. They seemed to be a bit backwards up there. But these new UBET outlets sound promising.

If they've upgraded to the ebt's l'm accustomed to, you can make quite a bit of money on the above arbitrage. They might say max bet is $25 but on those ebt machines you can pump out as many tickets as you like.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:03pm

These self serve terminals you speak of, are they in the same mould as the easy bet terminals (ebt's) in VIC/NSW?

I haven't been up to Queensland for a while but l'm pretty sure the last time l was up there they didn't have the same betting machines as VIC/NSW. They seemed to be a bit backwards up there. But these new UBET outlets sound promising.

If they've upgraded to the ebt's l'm accustomed to, you can make quite a bit of money on the above arbitrage. They might say max bet is $25 but on those ebt machines you can pump out as many tickets as you like.

Yes they are a similar set up. Very easy to use. Designed similar to their app. They are relatively recent up here. Have been rolled out across their retail network over the last perhaps 18 months or so.

Yes you can pump out multiple tickets very quickly on these machines. They do take some countermeasures for example if a venue sees an unusually large volume of promo bets compared to their normal number of customers they have the ability to shut down the promo at a venue level. I experienced this when they gave $2 for Winx to win the Cox Plate last year the day before the race. The countermeasures are largely ineffective though as there are ways around them. I have always got on what I wanted to without any/many issues.

This particular promo is worth approx $16 per $25 you get down.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:05pm

Yes they are a similar set up. Very easy to use. Designed similar to their app. They are relatively recent up here. Have been rolled out across their retail network over the last perhaps 18 months or so.

Yes you can pump out multiple tickets very quickly on these machines. They do take some countermeasures for example if a venue sees an unusually large volume of promo bets compared to their normal number of customers they have the ability to shut down the promo at a venue level. I experienced this when they gave $2 for Winx to win the Cox Plate last year the day before the race. The countermeasures are largely ineffective though as there are ways around them. I have always got on what I wanted to without any/many issues.

One point to note here regarding the use of Tappy. I’m unsure if this feature incorporates any measures to limit you to 1 ticket per device - eg whether the barcode generated contains info on the identity of the device. Will find out this afternoon. Hopefully the promo can be used straight off the terminals.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Otus Sports package at about $15/ month and all the world cup matches are shown live . If you want to steam to your TV you need an optus set top box definately , but I believe you can use an app for your tablet or phone . 
SBS who had the rights originally ,sold them to optus and have the right to show the match of the day only (1 a day). 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:09pm
Cricfree, Crichd, Zorrostream, Batmanstream, Sportslemons. 

Have your VPN and AdBlock Plus on though and still be ready to quickly x out popups. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:30pm

Ta for that info. Let us know how you get on later today. I might have to start making trips up north.

So with these betting machines, do you insert money (notes) into them? And do they give you your bet in a form of a little bet ticket with a barcode? And if that's the case, do they disburse vouchers? (when there's any remaining credit in the machine.)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm

Ta for that info. Let us know how you get on later today. I might have to start making trips up north.

So with these betting machines, do you insert money (notes) into them? And do they give you your bet in a form of a little bet ticket with a barcode? And if that's the case, do they disburse vouchers? (when there's any remaining credit in the machine.)

No worries. Will advise later. I was in an agency an hour ago and it is definitely only using Tappy. I have a couple of ideas to try if I can’t get on more than one ticket but will see what happens.

They take cash or credit vouchers (scan the barcode with those).
Bets are issued on tickets with a bar code.
Yes they give a credit voucher with a bar code for any remaining credit. Just go scan it at the main windows to get the cash.

These promos are available in SA & NT as well FWIW.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:58pm

Sideshow Bob definitely plays for Brazil.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:05pm

Image result for david luiz brazil
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:28pm

Sideshow Bob definitely plays for Brazil.

Correct weight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:39pm
Sideshow must have played well last season cos he was in the team that won the league easily- I never watch- but on checking now I see that he's back to form and his manager won't play him. Arsenal want him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:41pm

Sideshow must have played well last season cos he was in the team that won the league easily- I never watch- but on checking now I see that he's back to form and his manager won't play him. Arsenal want him.

I mean season 2016/17 must have played well.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:57pm

I mean season 2016/17 must have played well.

Bit of a " pretty boy" and a bit of a lair but always seems to hold his spot , Chelsea is his team and it's owned by a Putin enemy oligarch who is always changing coaches when it suits, wouldn't be surprised if flag winning coach from /17 is turfed out , maybe " pretty boy" will need new home, Arsonal new coach as well, might have a spot, I originally thought you were talking about Carlos Tevez fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:08pm
The Oligarch owner Roman Abramovich may not be the owner for much longer.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
Are you suggesting another case of the doc's "indigestion .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:25pm
A result of the ''indigestion'' to a couple of Russian exiles in recent months. 

He was having his visa revoked in Britain and this week was granted Israeli citizenship, so he will likely be forced to sell of Chelsea, or risk asset seizures.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:25pm
*off

Sorry 3B 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Uraguay to beat Egypt all up Morocco to do a number on Iran, luvly jubly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:27pm

No worries. Will advise later. I was in an agency an hour ago and it is definitely only using Tappy. I have a couple of ideas to try if I can’t get on more than one ticket but will see what happens.

Yes they give a credit voucher with a bar code for any remaining credit. Just go scan it at the main windows to get the cash.

Their systems can detect when a particular device has used the offer so only 1 ticket on today. VPN doesn’t help (maybe a better one might fool the app?), either does deleting the app or changing Apple ID. Will have to use multiple devices for the next offer prior to Australia’s 2nd match.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 3:43pm

Their systems can detect when a particular device has used the offer so only 1 ticket on today. VPN doesn’t help (maybe a better one might fool the app?), either does deleting the app or changing Apple ID. Will have to use multiple devices for the next offer prior to Australia’s 2nd match.

Have found a way around this problem will share via PM if anyone is interested. Currently have $175 down @$4 with more to come later on. Total profit $120. Easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>