Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:56am
That's the problem with going for stupid wins-in-a-row records. Ordinarily you would not be bothered that much losing first up in a campaign as long as it was a good strong run, with the major objectives later on. Honestly, if I owned a champion horse I would go out of my way to ensure that wins-in-a-row did not go over a dozen.Wink
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:14am
By a dozen the pressure is on, they start talking about pickets in a fence at about 6 or 7.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:22am
kiss me Black Caviar and Winx have spoiled us.

They make it seem like every Tom Dick and Marry put together long winning streaks. 
reductio ad absurdum
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Just reported that they may not run her if Bowman can't ride... Futurity a new option

I hope they scrub that option immediately. Guaranteed to be a rock hard track which I don't think she likes, and fairly strong opposition to face first up. Go for the easiest kill possible. Wherever Hartnell goes, follow.LOL

Agree Tlaz. Caulfield track as hard a cat’s head. They’ll never run her there
It's only called gambling when you lose
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
I think she will lose form this prep.
Hoping that’s not the case, but her winning days are numbered. She looked flat with little left to give last start and her trial today was below par/normal for a horse like her.
I’d be betting against her first up in the Apollo
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:51pm
I'm with Djebel.  It's hard for any horse to win two in a row.  Four in a row is extremely good form even in the lower grades.  Ten - your talking great horse.  Fifteen well even the greats fail that mostly.  Twenty - you have to be kidding yourself.

That is the plain truth.  As Djebel said Black Caviar and Winx have spoilt us.  They have been to the races and won over twenty times in a row.  If she ever gets beaten  again it will not only be a tragedy for Winx it will be the end of her career probably.  So lets face it that's a tragedy for us all.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:18pm
Nothing wrong with trial to my way of thinking , Redzel 58-2, next best 59-10, he's a flyer and she looked to be going to the line nicely, she's gone inside a minute and would be carrying at least 10 stone, moved away from English easily last 100, you may get 7/4 on first up.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 4:34pm
Bowman's appeal was dismissed. Only hope is the NZers go soft. Can't see it. Waller says all options are open for Winx, she might even resume in the Chipping Norton.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Bowman's appeal was dismissed. Only hope is the NZers go soft. Can't see it. Waller says all options are open for Winx, she might even resume in the Chipping Norton.

Why not? That would be my move. In fact I would go 1600 and 2000 all campaign, leaving out Ryder unless she gets another bog. I reckon she may be vulnerable under a mile now on dry tracks.

Mind you, I did think she'd be vulnerable in her first Ryder, but she was a spring chicken then.
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm

I've already got $15,000 on at $1.10 in the Apollo and I'm laughing.LOL I can't possibly lose- ker ching.

Cannot image your laughing now... surely sweating bullets that Waller changes the plan!!!
The Mugg
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:47pm

Why not? That would be my move. In fact I would go 1600 and 2000 all campaign, leaving out Ryder unless she gets another bog. I reckon she may be vulnerable under a mile now on dry tracks.

Mind you, I did think she'd be vulnerable in her first Ryder, but she was a spring chicken then.

So you don’t have $15,000 on in the Apollo then?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:18pm
Did anyone hear what Waller said, on the news tonight ??    I was in the pub and couldnt hear over the usual rowdies.    He looked rather severe .  
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:19pm
LOL, Gay,,,,,me bin norty Wink  Sorry .Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

So you don’t have $15,000 on in the Apollo then?

I cannot tell a lie.Big smile I did not have $15,000 on Winx at extremely long odds on in the all-in Apollo Stakes market.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:53am
Resuming in the Chipping Norton
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:55am
Wow. Waller is back at it f**king punters over. I doubt a female trainer(Gai being the obvious exception) would do the same. Women are far more altruistic and homely. They also make damn fine cooks. 
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:20am
How is he screwing punters over? Only an absolute moron would of backed her in the Apollo all in.

Better race for her to start in anyway.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
Delaying her start  because their fav jockey is suspended would have to right at the bottom of the list of ways to do your cash. That's the risk of all in markets though and I agree it was a dumb bet. If something has a soft run in the Apollo and then in the Chipping Morton takes off like Red Excitement, Winx is  gonna be in a world of hurt first up over a mile.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:30am
It's actually ironic that by trying to be uncompetitive the Winx camp is inviting the exact opposite scenario and for that reason i sort of hope that she gets rolled now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:41am

Resuming in the Chipping Norton

Great trainer. Super intelligent. Brilliant plan. I wish I'd thought of that.Wink
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:02pm
HOW exactly did he kiss punters over?
Every single time he is asked bout her he is open and honest

fiddlesticks it’s not like he scratched her at 7.29 (aka Lloyd)
The race is still two weeks away
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:03pm
Anyone who puts $15k on her a month out from Race is A Mug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:18pm

He said the Apollo would be her 1st up race and has changed her prep because of the unavailability of the jockey. That must be unprecedented. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:18pm
Not sure what's funnier. An internet troll twisting his frilly knickers tighter and tighter over something which has no material effect on any relatively sane person (real estate moguls possibly excepted) or Shawy hanging onto Tlaz's obviously tongue in cheek $15K bet. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:35pm
This may well have been plan B all along, when you train a horse like this ( a once in a lifetime event) you leave all options open in case of little hiccups along the way, this will make one person very happy, he may even blow a shift to rejoice.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:48pm
The TAB is refunding ALL bets.

I suspect there are none to refund. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:03pm
Had a look at Apollo futures yesterday when the Chipping Norton idea was floated but couldn't find a horse I like which was guaranteed to start. Inside stable info is a huge advantage, esp when such a dominant performer is involved. Expect many more will now head to the Apollo.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:10pm

Not sure what's funnier. An internet troll twisting his frilly knickers tighter and tighter over something which has no material effect on any relatively sane person (real estate moguls possibly excepted) or Shawy hanging onto Tlaz's obviously tongue in cheek $15K bet. 

Don’t you realise that everything you read on here is True
It’s sad that you think I was being serious
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by therealkramer therealkramer wrote:

He said the Apollo would be her 1st up race and has changed her prep because of the unavailability of the jockey. That must be unprecedented. 

Not the official reason. Horse needs a little bit more time according to connections
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:49pm
Was at least part of the reason according to Bensley this morning.

Speaking of Hoss. Was gobsmacked to hear reference to this on the radio last week and have just found it.  $2.4M???? Surely another of these sales put ons? 

"Multiple Stakes winning mare Hoss Amor had the most elite buyers competing in the sales ring for her second offspring. The Medaglia d'Oro colt was sold for an astonishing $2.4M at the Inglis Easter Sales on Wednesday to the combination of Stonestreet Stables, Tom Magnier, Aquis Farm and Blue Sky Bloodstock NSW. The high quality colt generated a lot of attention throughout the sale which was evident in the bidding dual at Inglis' Newmarket complex.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 177>