Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

He also beat More Joyous easily in his second Cox Plate....She was an 8-time Group 1 winner. More Joyous finished midfield from memory.

It's clearly hard to convert those with limited memory or narrow minded Jamal.

Makybe was "freak", then "Caviar" a freak, now Winx is the "freak".

Lots of freaks all getting around within 15 years?!

Well the three you mentioned are all champions in my opinion

Of course they were without mentioning SYT who also was.

I'm suggesting this "freak" comments these days are out of control.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

He also beat More Joyous easily in his second Cox Plate....She was an 8-time Group 1 winner. More Joyous finished midfield from memory.

It's clearly hard to convert those with limited memory or narrow minded Jamal.

Makybe was "freak", then "Caviar" a freak, now Winx is the "freak".

Lots of freaks all getting around within 15 years?!

Only horse to win 3 Melbourne Cups.

Unbeaten.

Only horse to have won 4 Cox Plates, also won 4 Chipping Nortons and will likely make that 4 George Ryders.

Not sure how one could question calling any of these mares freaks.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:29pm
Do you know what freak means?

Seems to happen pretty often these days when maybe Phar Lap, Tulloch, Gunsynd were considered freaks over a 50 year period.

Since then there been champion horses like BLU, KT, Sunline, Northerly, SYT etc.

But apparently we have 3 freaks in 10 years after a decade of racing?

Totally ridiculous.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:31pm
Those 3 freaks being Caviar (imo the best), Makybe and Wind if you required clarity.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:32pm
*autocorrect*

Winx
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:37pm
Yes I could easily question it.

Maykybe had tracks changed to suit her and wouldn't beat the better international.

Winx didn't go overseas in a poor are of horses here so who knows?

Cavier totally cleaned up the world's best (of which like Ortensia proved overseas and she was ordinary) and never even got close.

You need to review your form Afros.   
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:45pm
So only 1 can be called a freak because they all happened to come along within the same time frame? I didn't realise there could be only 1 freak within a certain time frame.

I guess someone better inform tennis that only one of Federer, Djokovic or Nadal can be considered freaks, given we apparently can't have a triumvirate of freaks, or 1 percenters if you prefer, around at similar times.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:51pm
But of course in England there is a new freak or 2 every year....
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Morston View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

But of course in England there is a new freak or 2 every year....

Really?

I am in the Uk and the only place I ever see or read the word ‘freak’ is on this site
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:38am
I call Winx a freak because she is! I’ve never seen a thoroughbred with the galloping action that she has . Ever. It’s what makes her very very fast.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:56am
ChrisB the internationals where often better horses in the beginning.  They learnt how to get the lesser weights in and the top weights rarely come today.  They are trainers man.  They know weight doesn't win the Melbourne Cup.

On the other hand Makybe Diva carried a weight record for mares to win the Melbourne Cup.  I'd still rate Wakefuls near miss a good thing against her.  But MD won her three.  She was a great mare who found the conditions and trainers that suited her.

Black Caviar was built like a tank.  But because of that build she also had issues which had the trainer watchingly her like a hawk.  We have never ever before had an unbeaten sprinter and she was a freak because she ran a time that also never had been done (breaking Haylist and Buffering) in breaking the 10 second mark.

Winx is a freak because she runs different to any horse I've seen in just under 60 years.  Her action and will to win are second to none.  Her sprint is second to none (even the sprinters most of the time).  The length of her sprint is second to none.

So three freaks who are also out and out Champions in Australian racing.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:58am
Also you are a younger man.  Enjoy her as I doubt you'll see one like her again.  Unless there is a genetic change in the wind.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

I call Winx a freak because she is! I’ve never seen a thoroughbred with the galloping action that she has . Ever. It’s what makes her very very fast.

Makybe Diva was an elite champion.
I would say what she "did" was freaky. 3 Melbourne Cups in a row.
Euro stayers couldnt beat her.
I wouldnt refer to her as a freak, but more what she did.

Black Caviar had a freakish long stride, and in a nation built on sprinters, for her to smash everyone to pieces and never lose a race, I would certainly regard her to be a "freak".

Phar Lap was a freak. He was so robust. A bomb could go off, and he would have probably won.
His racing schedule, the size of his heart. He was a freak.

Winx is the greatest racehorse in world history.
Her cadence, on any surface, in particular wet, if you break it down to physics, science, math, no horse in the world, in history, could beat her mathematics.
She defies physics.
Her cadence increases, the further she goes.
Put in any position, in any race, she finds a way.
She is like a steam train.
For brief moments, sometimes even long moments, you dont think she will get into momentum.
But then she clicks, her cadence clicks into gear, and like a steam train, the pistons get faster and faster, and she just says "see ya all later".
She could be side by side, with any horse in history, and she would be cruising, hard held, even against a Frankel. He would get the wobbles next to her. She would get the pistons moving and simply out power him.
Frankel often got the wobbles.
Winx runs as straight as an arrow.
She has plenty more to give.
She won the 2016 Cox plate by half the straight.
Make no mistake about it, she would win a Melbourne Cup by 100 metres.
Her defying of physics, via her cadence, is simply extraordinary.

She also happens to have the best name in racing history, with the best emotionally sensitive trainer in history, with a jockey that has honoured the career by being an appreciative person of sporting elite talent.
Its the greatest team ever, with the greatest horse ever.

Many people will cry when she retires.
Most of us smiled and said a big thanks when Black Caviar retired.
Thousands, if not millions, will cry when Winx retires.
I think people will be personally surprised at themselves by how moved emotionally they will be when she retires. Thats when it may truly hit them how special Winx really is.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:46am

So did 13 other horses in her two Cox Plates.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

kingjim View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Makybe Diva was an elite champion.
I would say what she "did" was freaky. 3 Melbourne Cups in a row.
Euro stayers couldnt beat her.
I wouldnt refer to her as a freak, but more what she did.

Black Caviar had a freakish long stride, and in a nation built on sprinters, for her to smash everyone to pieces and never lose a race, I would certainly regard her to be a "freak".

Phar Lap was a freak. He was so robust. A bomb could go off, and he would have probably won.
His racing schedule, the size of his heart. He was a freak.

Winx is the greatest racehorse in world history.
Her cadence, on any surface, in particular wet, if you break it down to physics, science, math, no horse in the world, in history, could beat her mathematics.
She defies physics.
Her cadence increases, the further she goes.
Put in any position, in any race, she finds a way.
She is like a steam train.
For brief moments, sometimes even long moments, you dont think she will get into momentum.
But then she clicks, her cadence clicks into gear, and like a steam train, the pistons get faster and faster, and she just says "see ya all later".
She could be side by side, with any horse in history, and she would be cruising, hard held, even against a Frankel. He would get the wobbles next to her. She would get the pistons moving and simply out power him.
Frankel often got the wobbles.
Winx runs as straight as an arrow.
She has plenty more to give.
She won the 2016 Cox plate by half the straight.
Make no mistake about it, she would win a Melbourne Cup by 100 metres.
Her defying of physics, via her cadence, is simply extraordinary.

She also happens to have the best name in racing history, with the best emotionally sensitive trainer in history, with a jockey that has honoured the career by being an appreciative person of sporting elite talent.
Its the greatest team ever, with the greatest horse ever.

Many people will cry when she retires.
Most of us smiled and said a big thanks when Black Caviar retired.
Thousands, if not millions, will cry when Winx retires.
I think people will be personally surprised at themselves by how moved emotionally they will be when she retires. Thats when it may truly hit them how special Winx really is.

what a great great post. I couldn't agree more.
Especially the part about frankel.
Her sectionals and the fact she does it almost always with a lot more to give is what separates her from our past champions.

Verde ole
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:40am
Frankel "OFTEN" got the wobbles. Big smile
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
You can add SYT to the "freaky" category too. What he achieved (five G1s in both hemispheres) wasn't achieved before him and hasn't been achieved since he did it. That spells world class to me. Still underrated in Australia...not so much on this forum but on social media in general. I have a few friends who didn't rate him at all
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:18pm
SYT was a champion. Kingston Town was a freak. If you are too young to remember go watch his Sydney Cup win, his Cox Plates especially the last and plenty of other races where he did the impossible. 

Even Octagonal was a freak-may not look it on the surface but you have to remember he was an unlucky 2nd in a Golden Slipper, won the Cox Plate as a 3yo, 3yo triple crown in the autumn as well as the Mercedes(BMW/Tancred). All the while he was beating a champion in his own right-Saintly and to a lesser extent Filante and Nothin leica Dane.

But Winx is more freakish than all. 
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm
Well we now have 4+,probably 6+ pages with not a mention of Winx Unhappy
Either back to the topic or I'll lock the thread untill she's close to racing again.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
Go read my post Winx is there and the vast majority of baguettes is Winx also gay
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Sorry furious I should have said the great majority Wink Finding reference to her in all those posts was is like looking for a needle in a haystack & speed reader I am not Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Well i referenced Winx a lot also!!

I think it's important to decide if Winx wins the Melb Cup by 100m as claimed, or rather 800m. 😎

Just kidding.

So who will be her Ryder opponents? Any 3yos likely?

I thought there's a few Internations nommed for the QA but not sure if happening?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Apparently 23 entered who turns up is a mystery
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Apparently 23 entered who turns up is a mystery

For the Ryder or QA?
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:05pm
I'm guessing QA so yep who knows.

Be great to have an Internator two in it just to create some (extra) interest, not tyat they can win.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:05pm
*International or two*
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:13pm
                                                       WINX
                                                   The Final Race
                                            The Fitting Farewell Film

I am unsure if Winx connections read this thread or even this website forum, but I have an idea.

I think we should be sent on a journey, as an audience, with Hugh Bowman aboard.
Just Hugh, Winx, the Winx silks the barrier.
Jump her out, film her from all angles.
Run the cameras near her and Hugh.
Let her run alone with Hugh.
Let her really stretch out.
Use all the best microphones possible near her. 
Listen to her thunder.
Hear her. Watch her.
Film faces in the crowd.
Capture it like a real life movie.
Let her win her last race, alone.
Let us breathe with her.
Let us listen to her.
Let us hear the ground shake.

Let Hugh and Winx share the final lap in the most sensitive and brilliantly captured moment possible, for generations to watch forever.
Then add this real footage at the end of her real movie: WINX.

ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:29pm
We do understand she's a horse yes?

Some of this is borderline disturbing.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:36pm
In the ryder
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:44pm
Hopefully QA (i thought Internationals were nommed) brings some legitimate form lines.

With money on offer should be very attractive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 177>