Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

winx will she run in the cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winx will she run in the cup
    Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 7:07am
Hi Guys
I just wanted to see what is your guys opinions on winx running in this years melbourne cup.
Do you think she will be in it?.
Or is the distance to far for her and  that will get her.Do you guys think it is important for winx to stay underfeated this season.And they would worry about her not running a place.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 7:48am
Originally posted by cotto1 cotto1 wrote:

Hi Guys
I just wanted to see what is your guys opinions on winx running in this years melbourne cup.
Do you think she will be in it?.
Or is the distance to far for her and  that will get her.Do you guys think it is important for winx to stay underfeated this season.And they would worry about her not running a place.

No chance
Racing Carrot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racing Carrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 8:58am
If she runs in the Melbourne Cup I'll run 10 laps of Flemington naked on Mackinnon Stakes Day.  And I'm not an attractive man nor much chop past 50 metres so they'll have to call Greenpeace when I beach myself in the straight.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:52am
Maybe if they shorten the race for her and makes it WFA over 2000 she'll run it.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:09pm
Interesting that she's in the betting for the race. I agree with others that she won't run in it. That said, I wish she would run. It would add more interest in the race.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:11pm
Perhaps if she was not on this wonderful winning streak they would give it some thought.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:12pm
I would love to see her in it
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:13pm
She's had two runs beyond 2000m. Bolted in with the Qld Oaks and 2nd in ATC Oaks on a terribly biased track when in the worst going.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:19pm
She would certainly get the weight of Order Of St George down to a level that would encourage him to run.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
Weak field this year, rumours circulating she is going to be a late nomination
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
Let me put it this way Shawy. No.

However having said that judging on the form and runs of the runners nominated for the cup this year, I would think she would be as good a chance as Kingston Town was in his effort in 1982.

The only difference is that he had already won at 3200m and she has not won beyond 2200m.

And that is the reason why the Black Prince is still the better horse, and always will be!  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
A rumour you've just started presumably Shawy? In case someone naive rushes in to lose his/her money Waller has made it clear what her race distance limits will be.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
Chris just texted me, she’s going to run in the Cup and back up into the Darley Sprint
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
No... 0 chance
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:11pm
Bit late for a nomination now anyway?
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
She would get flogged out of site, Wants the paddock
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 4:33pm
After watching the race yesterday, I think she would of won by 4 lengths even if she had 61kg from Barrier 24
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic