Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winter Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Olympics
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:59pm
Well not quite ... just a dog enjoying Global Warming.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
ClapProbably win as many medals as we will!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:50pm
What price the North Korean 2 man luge team winning a medal of any colour? 
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:45am
Now for the real thing. Anyone watching? Speed skating is like watching greyhound racing. They go fast and every now and then there's a spectacular spill.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:56am
Female ice hockey gives Korea a chance to lose as a united team rather then separately as they have done for the last 50 years.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:59am
Jeez you wouldn't want to bet on those short track skating races. The stewards report would be 5 pages long on every race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:08am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Teenager Red Gerrard does it for the USA in the Slopestyle. Not exactly a PC name for a sports event in Asia.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 2:35pm
How good was it though?

Very entertaining that is for sure.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 2:53pm
Redmond is his actual name
One of 7 kids. First winter Olympic medalist to be born in the 2000’s
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm

Bring on the footy seasons
Hidden In Hollywood
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
Footy Season has already started mate, the women’s Comp has some of the best skills you will ever see. Always High scoring too
Pilote D'essai
Meow Meow Meow
Keeps winning though
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Footy Season has already started mate, the women’s Comp has some of the best skills you will ever see. Always High scoring too

The women play with more heart than the men and have more tattoos as well
Hidden In Hollywood
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Bet some of them voted yes LOL
Bet they dont get paid even half what the men do.  Cry
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Bet some of them voted yes LOL
Bet they dont get paid even half what the men do.  Cry

90% of them I'm thinking

Should be called its DFL
Hidden In Hollywood
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:27am
Great effort from Matt Graham to take silver in the moguls against the dominant world champ. Clap
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:49am
Woo whooo congrats Matt Graham
Hidden In Hollywood
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Great effort from Matt Graham to take silver in the moguls against the dominant world champ. Clap

was a long night staying up to see it...lucky the mozzies kept me awake...

can't believe the Aussie supporters actually stripped off their tops...it was -11... bunch of dingbats...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:06am
They were loud and proud JJ. Thumbs Up
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:09pm
Anyone catch Magnussen on Foxtel.

He was talking about how Australians supported Scott James and Matt Graham for their efforts, but when he won silver in the 100m he was crucified.

I think the criticism stems from the fact that swimmers especially the high profile ones, are subsidised a lot more by tax payers, than moguls athletes.

I do not have the figures with me but I would say being a world champion swimmer, gets you a lot more finances than a mogul skier.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:05am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

He was talking about how Australians supported Scott James and Matt Graham for their efforts, but when he won silver in the 100m he was crucified.

I think the criticism stems from the fact that swimmers especially the high profile ones, are subsidised a lot more by tax payers, than moguls athletes.

I do not have the figures with me but I would say being a world champion swimmer, gets you a lot more finances than a mogul skier.

Poor Magnussen...Boooo whoooo

I think Magnussen doesn't have a brain
Hidden In Hollywood
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Magnussen the Mouth should learn a little humility...there was talk of having to swim him in his own pool because his head doesn't fit between the line-floats...

the snowboarders risk injury every time they train or compete...Magnussen only risks missing breakfast at Maccas...

perspective, perspective...Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:55am
   I haven't heard one word about the Winter Olympics.
I doubt most even know they exist.
WHITE BOOKERS:- Spanish Reef, Bring Me Roses, Grunt, Cliff's Edge, Prairie Fire,   
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:32am
ANY sport that is decided entirely by judges' scores is a joke. It amazes me that people devote their lives to such pursuits.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:55am
You couldn't possibly be referring to the cheating c***s last night who scored a Chinese jumper higher for falling over than the Aussie who stood up on landing Tlaz? AngryDead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:01pm
And guess which judge scored the Chinaman highest and Aussie lowest? That would be the Chinese judge of course.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:05pm
The fall was after the landing was complete
Aussie stuffed his up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:31pm
He wouldn't have fallen if he had his landing under control. The Aussie didn't fall. The Chinese judges scoring says it all.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:33pm
Appreciate that we all have differing interests but gambling is the only thing that manages to grab mine for this. Norway most golds with a $5 bonus bet for each gold they win. Nearly at the break even point where even if they lose I still win.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm
He stuffed the landing though and his aerial not as superior as the Chinese.
It’s scored on a 7:3 ratio and I’m with the judges here, the Chinese was a better performance on the night
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic