Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

William Tyrell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: William Tyrell
    Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:54pm
Heartbreaking.

Does anybody know why the Parents are not being shown ?

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:55pm
With the Parents being blanked out there has always been bad innuendo about the situation. 
reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:57pm
Very odd.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:17pm
Technically speaking they may want to remain a onominous.

I found it odd that the interviewer rarely if at all looked at the man.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:38am

The parents of missing toddler William Tyrrell have broken their silence as the one-year anniversary of his disappearance approaches.

William, then aged three, vanished from the front yard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on NSW’s Mid-North Coast, on September 12 last year.

He was wearing his favourite Spider-man costume at the time and has not been seen since.

A widespread police investigation, headed by seasoned Homicide Squad Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, has so far failed to find the missing boy.

60 Minutes journalist Michael Usher met William’s parents, who will speak to the media for the first time since their boy disappeared.

It follows an interview with NSW Police released in April in which the couple pleaded for William's safe return. 

Usher said William’s parents – who cannot be named for legal reasons – had endured a torturous 12 months since that day.

“It’s been very difficult for them,” Usher said. 

“They are a very good family, absolutely loving and good to William, and they have been through hell.

“They walk around trying to their best to function.

“But as they said to me, they’re dead inside.”

The couple, who returned from that fateful holiday with a carload of William’s toys, have recently removed his carrier from their car.

“They live in hope, but they’re heartbroken,” Usher said.  

“Their story is entirely gut-wrenching.

“This is a snapshot of a good, solid, loving family who went away to nana’s for a long weekend.

“As Gary Jubelin said to me, what we’re dealing with is evil has met innocence.”

The Tyrrells and police investigating his disappearance are convinced William was taken by someone, in what was likely an opportunistic snatching.

Usher said the family hold out hope of finding little William safely, but their cooperation with the police investigation has exposed them to some horrific potential scenarios.

“They have to go to the darkest of places to consider what might have happened,” he said.

“They’ve had to learn too many things about the evil that exists within our society.

“They’ve stopped asking questions, they live a daily torture.”

William’s disappearance has touched much of Australia, and Usher said even police had been stunned by the efforts of the public to find William.

Mr Jubelin recounted a recent sighting – corroborated by three different members of the public – which had him all but certain it was William.

“He said it gave him goosebumps,” Usher said.

“He was convinced it was him.”

Usher said William’s disappearance in the most banal of circumstances had irrevocably changed the region, with many of the officers investigating the case from nearby Port Macquarie.

Children no longer play alone in public, knowing someone in their midst might be the same person who took William.

Police maintain someone in the general public knows something about William’s whereabouts.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/09/06/06/58/william-tyrrell-s-parents-to-break-silence-in-gut-wrenching-interview#JczkqUbSAJyeRyRt.99

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:43am
Wonder what the legal reasons would be ?

reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:14am
 media attention...

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:39am
The phone call to police was released today but I have no idea what that is supposed to do in regards to helping, you get the feeling the police have no clue here and are reaching out for the community to give them something, lets hope they get a lead soon and find this little bloke still alive..
Panspermia.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:40am
Its always seemed odd to me that the parents wont be identified "for legal reasons " .   But as long as the police are happy with that, who are we to ask why ?  I always get the feeling there is some piece of the puzzle we are not being told .
Either way, someone knows something and isnt speaking out.  Reading that story about how quiet the street is and how they all know each other,  and how he vanished so quickly, with his sister not being able to say,  gives me a creepy feeling.
Poor little boy.  Its sort of like when Maddy when missing in Portugal.  There is more to it than a random snatch I think.
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

The phone call to police was released today but I have no idea what that is supposed to do in regards to helping, you get the feeling the police have no clue here and are reaching out for the community to give them something, lets hope they get a lead soon and find this little bloke still alive..

He's not alive. After nearly a year it is about finding a body and finding out what happened to him so the parents can have some closure. That's the reality of it.

It's a terrible situation for anyone to have to deal with and you really have to feel for the poor parents.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Its always seemed odd to me that the parents wont be identified "for legal reasons " .   But as long as the police are happy with that, who are we to ask why ?  I always get the feeling there is some piece of the puzzle we are not being told .
Either way, someone knows something and isnt speaking out.  Reading that story about how quiet the street is and how they all know each other,  and how he vanished so quickly, with his sister not being able to say,  gives me a creepy feeling.
Poor little boy.  Its sort of like when Maddy when missing in Portugal.  There is more to it than a random snatch I think.

I actually find really quiet neighborhoods rather creepy, much more sinister and creepy than a city environment, don't know why but I always get that feeling when I return to visit to my folks up at Forster, some areas there are so quiet and it's almost like you expect the banjos to start playing, it feels like there's a lot of red neckism in small quiet places sometimes..
Panspermia.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:11pm
In regional and rural hick towns, police presence is quite minimal and deviants are able to thrive.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

In regional and rural hick towns, police presence is quite minimal and deviants are able to thrive.

It's true unfortunately, up at Forster when growing up there in the 80's we only had two coppers running the station at any given time and we all knew them personally..
Panspermia.
Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:19pm

The fact his name and image are known but the parents are hidden suggests, the boy may be a ward of the State or they are foster parents. He may be under a child protection order, and his legal guardians are actually the relevant Minister or Department head. We don't know if the parents have the same surname, but if they did, you would think there would be no need to hide that fact.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Demolay Demolay wrote:

The fact his name and image are known but the parents are hidden suggests, the boy may be a ward of the State or they are foster parents. He may be under a child protection order, and his legal guardians are actually the relevant Minister or Department head. We don't know if the parents have the same surname, but if they did, you would think there would be no need to hide that fact.

sorry, but don't think that is the case...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:28pm
and for those who suspect the parents...

He also confirmed that William’s family has been ruled out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:45pm
it might be to protect the parents against public backlash and gossip, only takes one idiot to make accusations and whole communities can join in the witch hunt and start trouble..
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:50pm

It's true unfortunately, up at Forster when growing up there in the 80's we only had two coppers running the station at any given time and we all knew them personally..

We only have 2 coppers in town, and we are a small rural town.  What some of you are calling Hicksville.
But its not crawling with deviants, and at least if there is a weird one arrives amongst us everyone becomes aware very quickly.  New people and strange cars stand out like dogs balls, and if they are even slightly "different " in any way at all, everyone knows .
Kendal is like that.  Which makes me ask a few questions, knowing how small towns work.
Whereas in a big city a lot of you dont even know who is living in your street.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
That's what I would have thought too AA. Never lived in a rural town but it makes sense that when everyone knows everyone and everything that goes on it would actually be harder for "deviants to thrive".
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:55pm

it might be to protect the parents against public backlash and gossip, only takes one idiot to make accusations and whole communities can join in the witch hunt and start trouble..

I would think that is a definite consideration...

Thumbs Up
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

That's what I would have thought too AA. Never lived in a rural town but it makes sense that when everyone knows everyone and everything that goes on it would actually be harder for "deviants to thrive".

A town with a few schools is a deviants paradise. We ain't talking about the satellite town with 3 people where acacia lives
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 2:06pm

A town with a few schools is a deviants paradise. We ain't talking about the satellite town with 3 people where acacia lives

And a city with a couple of hundred schools? Would be very easy to fly under the radar. You're kidding if you think a big city is more immune to these types of grubs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 3:04pm

Exactly E&E.   We have a few here on the parents "watch" list,  and if they ever started hanging around the schools in town the local copper would be on to it right away.  For any extra curricular activity the deviants go away where they are not known.  To a big city.  Or a regular trip to Bali is the cover up for one suspect here .  Too big a risk doing it on their own door step. 

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 4:20pm

Exactly E&E.   We have a few here on the parents "watch" list,  and if they ever started hanging around the schools in town the local copper would be on to it right away.  For any extra curricular activity the deviants go away where they are not known.  To a big city.  Or a regular trip to Bali is the cover up for one suspect here .  Too big a risk doing it on their own door step. 

funny thing is we often hear more about these creepy goings on's in smaller communities than big cities...maybe my view is warped living in a metropolitan city, but I always seem to recall the ones that happen in smaller towns, perhaps it's the way it's broadcast via media that sticks more..?
Panspermia.
tilt10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tilt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 10:53am
One of the major reasons the Daniel Morcombe case was solved was the very public face of the parents. To their credit they kept hammering away when many others had lost hope.
So why are Williams parents hiding their faces?

So Col Tidy.     What is the best horse you have ever seen race in Australia?      "Vain". What a good judge.
So Ken Callander. Best sprinter you have ever seen in Australia?  "Vain by a long
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by tilt10 tilt10 wrote:

One of the major reasons the Daniel Morcombe case was solved was the very public face of the parents. To their credit they kept hammering away when many others had lost hope.
So why are Williams parents hiding their faces?

You are spot-on, imo, without their incredible persistence, that germ would likely still be at large.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 8:29pm
yep, I still dont get this of not identifying for legal reasons.
so what if he is a foster child, or adopted, or both parents have kids from prior relationships, or whatever !
why hide ?
its a very strange arrangement.  to the normal old person , left wondering .
and  Daniel,s parents were just awesome in their pursuit of his killer .   those 2 people are stunningly amazing with how they held up, and how they have carried themselves in the public glare .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 9:30pm
I reckon the Morecombes would have done anything, and I mean anything, to nail that grub.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I reckon the Morecombes would have done anything, and I mean anything, to nail that grub.

well , he got nailed, and good on the police work that nailed him.  and good on the Morecombes for their on going campaign to make kids more aware of the dangers out there .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 12:32am
see a car has been seized .   that matches the one seen in the street .  seized from a convicted pedophile.   that has just got 3 years in the clink .    that lives next door to Spedding.
hands up ,,those who think the cops know,,,just needing more evidence ????
ME  Thumbs Up

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>