Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WILKINSON GONE - Event Date: 17 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Bickmore won the same Logie...do your homework.

How much does Waleed receive?

I dont i know. but he would earn more if he was non muslim and was a white guy.

isnt that right pt?

Dont go off script now.

You dont know what any of them earn, but you just know the salary structures point to Islamophobia and misogyny?

If course, im following the script. Regardless of what he is paid by ch 10, he is a victim of inequality, islamophobia and racism because...if he was a white guy he would earn more.

damn pt...you arent following your own cult writen script.

*i know he earns $187,000 of taxpayer funded salary to be a casual employee of our abc.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
Hurry back please Doc....Ouch
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:13am

Hurry back please Doc....Ouch

i second that.

motion carried. 👍

* the good doctor 💉
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:21am
Where do you get $2 million for Bickmore? According to this she isn't in the top 10 earners in Australia TV, nor is anyone currently on The Project. Scott Cam is at 10 on 600k.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/tv-rich-list-karl-stefanovic-tops-australias-10-highestpaid-television-stars/news-story/a678d441e5e927aa47254797a86457df?nk=821b6b6ba70c0f86983f033f5ef4fbde-1508289327
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:29am
It was just one of many speculative reports. That article was from 2015 and likely well out of date now, Bickmore won a Gold Logie since then, but likely still earns less than the $1.5m she was reportedly offered earlier this year to switch to radio
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
The king punch, the hypocrite LISA has dropped her head in front of, is the claim women are treated poorly in the financial stakes.
   Karl being on 2 million and her having to scrape the barrel on a paltry 1.1 million , they offered her 1.8 million and she wasn't satisfied and walked. ( apparently Karl does more shows than her )

BANG goes Lisa , off to Channel 10 on 1.5 million        BUT
The other's there on the same show, are on half a million or less,
including his Royal Highness WALI ALI.    So Lecherous Lisa says it's OK if the boot is on the other foot.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:52am
Dont you trust the market anymore maxie? It decides what these people on healthy negotiated contracts are worth. 

A few weeks or months will determine whether NINE and TEN both made the correct decision or not in ratings and advertising revenues. Should you negotiate your own contract up to your perceived value, or down to suit the corporates who are on 5-10 times as much? If she gets close to $2m at TEN and Waleed and Carrie believe they are worth more they need to discuss it with management, not expect her to accept the same as they get. The market decides

I thought it was interesting that Marks on his reported salary of $7.5million played the we will have to sack 10 producers on $100k  to make up the extra million dollars card. Not that we will have to cut back on corporate perks, or on executive bonuses or shareholder dividends....ten low paid producers had to go. Also Karl ''negotiated'' his $2m contract but Lisa ''bullied'' the board to get equal

Massive own goal for NINE methinks
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:14am

It was just one of many speculative reports. That article was from 2015 and likely well out of date now, Bickmore won a Gold Logie since then, but likely still earns less than the $1.5m she was reportedly offered earlier this year to switch to radio

All the reports I've seen put Bickmore's and Aly's salary at around 500k, or a million short of the great feminist's.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
I don't think anyone really knows outside of those involved but this from today suggests they may not be that far apart. It doesn't say 4 times as much, just ''reportedly more''

As to that, there are reports Wilkinson’s package could top $2 million a year with her base salary and other commercial contracts – reportedly more than Bickmore.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:58am
With wilko the top earner on the project, or atleast earning more than others...where are the calls for equal pay & inequality in the workplace now? this whole story is lmao hypocrisy & feminism,equality loonies mad at work...b*tching and moaning to stay busy.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
A matter of colossal unimportance what these people are getting paid, imo. But attempts to turn this into a gender-equity issue are sub-pathetic.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

A matter of colossal unimportance what these people are getting paid, imo. But attempts to turn this into a gender-equity issue are sub-pathetic.

Clap  exactly right.   another issue that most people couldnt care less about.  just like the footy show making front page news.  who cares !   its only TV , not the real world.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:55am

With wilko the top earner on the project, or atleast earning more than others...where are the calls for equal pay & inequality in the workplace now? this whole story is lmao hypocrisy & feminism,equality loonies mad at work...b*tching and moaning to stay busy.

Lisa is also the ugliest , Oldest , Attention seeking emetic TV has to offer.
I am amazed the Mad scientist has stayed around for 25 years.

I'd rather wake up with my dog.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Lisa is also the ugliest , Oldest , Attention seeking emetic TV has to offer.
I am amazed the Mad scientist has stayed around for 25 years.

I'd rather wake up with my dog.

fitzsimons is an arrogant dressmaker. dead set nut.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:55am

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm

[QUOTE=max manewer] A matter of colossal unimportance what these people are getting paid, imo. But attempts to turn this into a gender-equity issue are sub-pathetic.

YES ..   She's only advertising herself as a hypocrite.

The way some of these Feminists are going they will need a YES vote or a truckload of batteries.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm
onya wilko...

you are now an example of how the gender pay gap is ripping off waleed aly. and carrie bickmore. why should lisa get paid more than carrie for doing the same job???

this feminist bs took all of 24 hrs to turn the ratbag cult on their silly heads
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:21pm
The woman didn't receive the same amount as her co host because she didn't provide the same level of commitment to Nine's other platforms. Pretty simple really. Talk about a non story.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:22am
Poor news hosts squabbling over millions while the average Joe in the street is struggling.

Gees bring back Agro's Cartoon Connection
Hidden In Hollywood
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:35am
I am actually disgusted that kind of money is paid to a person to appear on TV and babble away, half the time its BS what they are babbling about anyway. Hell,,and cheeshus,,its TV ff$.  Its not like they are researching cancer cure or doing brain operations !  The money these "stars " get is outrareous.   And a lot of them are greedy as hell and always wanting more more more . I have very rarely watched her, and cant see myself doing so in the future so this perception she has about being star material is all in her mind I reckon.  ( Not that my viewing means much LOL ) .  And those paying her that kind of money are crazy.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:36am
outrageous !!!Angry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
It is just a commercial matter, if you can rake in the viewers, by whatever means, it equates to advertising revenue. Some people win lotto, they probably don't deserve it either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I am actually disgusted that kind of money is paid to a person to appear on TV and babble away, half the time its BS what they are babbling about anyway. Hell,,and cheeshus,,its TV ff$.  Its not like they are researching cancer cure or doing brain operations !  The money these "stars " get is outrareous.   And a lot of them are greedy as hell and always wanting more more more . I have very rarely watched her, and cant see myself doing so in the future so this perception she has about being star material is all in her mind I reckon.  ( Not that my viewing means much LOL ) .  And those paying her that kind of money are crazy.

its like the high esteem tv news readers are supposedly held in. i lmao when i hear "they were great news readers because the public trusted them"

Trust them in what??? to sit behind a desk and read a teleprompter for 20 mins.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
Quite right cabo, that was always rubbish. It might have been slightly more plausible if they wrote the stories they read. Certainly some journalists have credibility more than others, but just reading it ? Crazy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:01am

Quite right cabo, that was always rubbish. It might have been slightly more plausible if they wrote the stories they read. Certainly some journalists have credibility more than others, but just reading it ? Crazy.

thats it, you gotta laugh at how special these people think they are. Good investigative journalists are the best ones...

nrl is saturated with media and journo's across every platform. yet who breaks the scandalous stuff? ... kate mcclymont. someone who is outside the nrl.

same with racing...all the victorian scandals were broken by non-racing journos.

whats that tell ya about the media?...Most are nothing but PR agents for the topics they cover.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:08am
Journos today seem poor, I have been hearing detailed info of circumstances surrounding the trawler sinking in central Qld that appears to have cost 6 lives, from people in the area, that simply has not been mentioned in the media.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 3:30pm
Not only Wilkinson & her crazy Guy hogging the airwaves and print.

I switched onto The Psychiatric preying Mantis ( Peter Garrotted )
Having a hyped up dysrhythmia of the neurons today.
He's attached himself to civil disobedience,   prepared to go to gaol to stop the big Coal mine project.

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 11:03pm
It seems she's not that welcome at Ten. Plenty of jibes in her direction on Have You Been Paying Attention last night.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

It seems she's not that welcome at Ten. Plenty of jibes in her direction on Have You Been Paying Attention last night.

Few watch Channel 10...     Looks like the Karl boy is leaving 9 also .

Has probably dug his grave with his " thingamebob" and not all sweet sailing there.

They need Mark Latham & Peta Credlin on there ,    they would put some real meat in the Pie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic