Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who wants to buy a palomino thoroughbred?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who wants to buy a palomino thoroughbred?
    Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 2:39pm
Two fillies in the Inglis Sales in Sydney, one a weanling the other a yearling.  Both are products of Winning Colours Farm's resident stallion Glacial Gold, who is a (forgive me, I'm not all that knowledgable regarding all things coloured horses, but I believe the term is) Cremello (?).  Both fillies are officially in the studbook as Chestnut, as is the sire.  Will cause a few double takes if/when any of his progeny hit the track.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 3:16pm
if that is chestnut i am blind.
geez,,,,i am speechless .
lets hope they can run !
animals before people.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 8:32pm
pass
tongue tie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongue tie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 8:43pm
Have a look at the W C Farm two stallions pages .You would swear the printer was running low on ink (not much black type ).There progeny will be a hit at pony club .
MY farrier said the genetic defect these horses carry should not be introduced into thoroughbreds .As it has caused problems in other breeds .He said he has seen foals born they have no hair and die after a few weeks .
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 9:28pm
yeah tongue tie,  its called lethal white,  and they die in a few days,  if they ar not put to sleep first.
if the "mix and match "  is done wrong ,  it can be a nightmare.  literally.
and if these horses are to be in the stud book they should carry a notification against their name, advising the potential of lethal white, if the tests with the mare are not done before breeding.
those 2 fillies dont have much breeding to reccomend them to race. and they look like show ponies.
why oh why would you do that if you wanted to promote your stallion as a race horse stallion ???
animals before people.
dreamer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 11:16pm
flicking through bloodstock and here's another odd colored stallion
Ellusive Quest (USA) 2000
some of these must have been sneaked into the studbook when the US lost all it's records as europe doesn't have any other than The Tetrarch that i'm aware of

OWNERS THINK THERE TRAINERS,TRAINERS THINK THERE JOCKEYS AND JOCKEYS DON'T THINK
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:22am
Hate them, and they should never have been allowed. Its only because they were let into the USA studbook that the stallions were eligble here.

The studbook doesn't recognise dilutes or paints as colours, because a TB is only allowed to be - bay, grey, black, chestnut and white (max sabino), hence why they are registered as chestnut as that is the horses base coat colour before being diluted. A buckskin (also possible from their cremello stallion) would be listed as bay.

The pallys wont carry the overo (lethal white gene) its only the ones by their overo stallion Profile In Style, whos sire is the above picture Ellusive Quest.

The Tetrarch from what im aware is a loud marked sabino, not overo, wich is totally different.

The stud has their colt racehorse "Framed In History" back in training with Sharon Jefferies, hes a sire already, having served one mare as a yearling :/ to wich his foal was coloured. So far in all his runs hes either ran last or near last as a 2yo.

here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Framed-in-History/104965499628289?fref=ts
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:29am
Seems the weanling went to be a dressage/broodie. Unless they race some as well, but I doubt it? Still 11k, much more than I thought it would go for? Wonder who the under bidder was...

http://www.el-caballo-registry.com/about-us
Biggles View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 1:49pm
The Tetrarch was a grey, he just happened to have big white spots through his coat. Many of his progeny were also grey, it's as simple as that. These so called ' coloured' thoroughbreds are in fact only 3/4 breds. If you go to the stud book they go back to a non registered horse. I am disgusted that our stud book has let them in and Inglis for selling them, although I guess they'll sell anything as long as they get the commission. I can guarantee one thing....they won't be winning any races!
Flying High
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Biggles Biggles wrote:

The Tetrarch was a grey, he just happened to have big white spots through his coat. Many of his progeny were also grey, it's as simple as that. These so called ' coloured' thoroughbreds are in fact only 3/4 breds. If you go to the stud book they go back to a non registered horse. I am disgusted that our stud book has let them in and Inglis for selling them, although I guess they'll sell anything as long as they get the commission. I can guarantee one thing....they won't be winning any races!

I am disgusted that our stud book has let them in and Inglis for selling them,

Yes, if you have a look at Glacial Gold and Profile In Style, both are built like paint and QH, wich as nothing shows what Milkie is by in GG pedigree, I bet hes half QH. They've just fudged the pedigree on the American site lol
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 7:21pm
Hello,
here in germany started a very colourful 2 yearold his Career as Racehorse. Admittingly he was purchased at auction in France for 12.000 Euros, as his buyer admits as "Fun horse". His name is 'Silvery Moon' (I was framed, ped as Pedigreequery).
He started so far twice, his first race was a 'hopeless case', but in his second race for 2 year old maidens, he was able to get a 2ndplace only a neck beaten.
Of course his usually markings attracts much racegoers. Let's see, how this colt will run in his next races.

Btw, the German Studbook officially prints the colourterm 'palomino' in his volumes.

regards, Ticino
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 9:18pm
Yes, the british have recently allowed the overos or pintos to be registered as well, and Germany has always allowed them I think?

tongue tie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tongue tie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 10:55pm
Who will want to increase the chances of breeding a slow horse. I think they will fade into oblivion pretty quickly
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 11:27am
Black Type for Paint Thoroughbred
Tara Madgwick - Tuesday, 16 July 2013
Rare paint coloured thoroughbreds have been the subject of some very well read stories on Breednet, so we knew our audience would appreciate this one about a stunning two year-old colt in Germany called Silvery Moon.

Silvery MoonSilvery MoonTrained by Mario Hofer, Silver Moon finished a close second in the Listed Rennen Zweijährigen Trophy at Koln in Germany on Saturday and as you can see in this video, his run was more about how he looked than how he actually ran.

Silvery Moon has now had three starts for two seconds and looks capable of winning a race sooner rather than later.

He has the rare markings of an overo thoroughbred and is dual registered with the The Jockey Club as a thoroughbred and with the American Paint Association.

Foaled in France, Silvery Moon is by the unraced overo sire I Was Framed (USA) from minor winning Alzao mare Artzola.

One of only two coloured thoroughbred stallions in the UK and the first to be recognized as a thoroughbred by Weatherbys, I Was Framed comes from the same sireline as the Australian based overo sire Profile in Style (USA), who stands at Winning Colours Farm.

I Was FramedI Was Framed

Both I Was Framed and Profile in Style are grand-sons of Sonny’s Solo Halo, who is by internationally renowned sire Halo.

http://www.breednet.com.au/news/91497/Black-Type-for-Paint-Thoroughbred
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:31pm
Just spotted one at Murray Bridge today Race 3

KIMMIE QUICK SHOES

she ran last
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
THe sire is heavily inbred to a stallion called Milkie (Palamino) who was unraced but apparently a great sire of Jumpers.  Believe it or not it is the sireline of Mahmoud.  While Milkie was a palamino his sire was a bay and dam a brown and he only had one Chestnut grandsire (sire of the dam).  So where his palamino colour came from who knows unless there was a fence jumper involved.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 5:23pm
are I'd say the dna is wrong with that pedigree.  Gold Bayou TB on the AUstralian studbook site has Milkie's Desire as being unidentified/unidentified.  Sinister things afloat as if in doubt they do not list the pedigree given.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:57pm
Hello,
Silvery Moon has ended his racing career and stands as Sire at the "Marbach Stud" (www.gestuet-Marbach.de) at Baden-Württemberg since 2018. Probably as "Warmblood Sire" and it's very doubtful
he will cover any Thoroughbred Mares.

Much to my surprise I spot a filly by "I was Framed" at the bbag-sales catalogue (18./19. Oct. 2018, Mixed sales), see Lot 218 o/o a broodmare named Airfare , bred in CZE.

regards, Ticino.
 Post Reply Post Reply