Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who wants this place cleaned up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Liar  Liar Liar Liar wrote:

the  truth  is  jarryd  is  the  site  mod  as  quoted  by  the  mayor  somewhere  ..

and  all  this  whinging  and  whining  is  because  of  that  fact  his  age  pisses  you  all  off..

he  is  doing  a  good  enough  job  in  my  opinion  and  i  hope  the  mayor  does  not  give  in  to  all  this  camp   teenage   jealousy  bullsh*t..

you dont  agree  then  cannylad..
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Pinevale Lad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pinevale Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 9:26pm
which schoolkids do you guys enjoy reading about? imo not many of them post anymore. jarryd has te odd thread, and we know about blakes threads every 5 minutes. dmg can be insightful and carl, he could be anything
Running Pinevale
Blake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 9:29pm

Edited by Blake - 16 Nov 2008 at 7:34am
Pinevale Lad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pinevale Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 9:32pm
i wasnt saying that your threads were no good.

look what this results in, having a go at me. what do you do?
Running Pinevale
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Liar Liar Liar Liar wrote:

[/QUOTE]

I've got an idea VSP..

How about the next person who responds to the above barnacle, and others of the same ilk, gets banned for one month for gulliblity and stupidity!!

Hint people, cut off their oxygen flow..

And I reckon the place could do with a good clean out VSP Thumbs%20Up Admittedly I had problems initially with a sponsor also wearing the moderators hat but hey, anything goes now, right? It's not as though anyone else really gives a toss about the place at the moment..

So you go girl and more power to you..Smile

Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 7:34am
where  did  my last  post  go  ..

ffs 

who  deleted  that  ..  you  vsp...??

didnt  you  like  my  views  on  women  moderators  then  ..

this  kind  of  thing  just  wouldnt  happen  in  a  muslim  country  there  the  woman  know  their  place  ..
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

I've got an idea VSP..

How about the next person who responds to the above barnacle, and others of the same ilk, gets banned for one month for gulliblity and stupidity!!

And I reckon the place could do with a good clean out VSP Thumbs%20Up Admittedly I had problems initially with a sponsor also wearing the moderators hat but hey, anything goes now, right? It's not as though anyone else really gives a toss about the place at the moment..

at  last  one  of  you  finally  catches  on  ..

Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

I've got an idea VSP..

And look who was the next person to post LOLLOL Stupid Liar Liar

Now ban him for one month for gulliblity and stupidity!!

What a goose LOL

JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

It seems to me that the Village has far too many junk threads and far too many unacceptable posts at present.
Surely it is possible to put a point of view across without every second word being a 4 letter one - and surely its possible for folks to hold different views without resorting to abusive language?
Do people think there should be a clean up in the Village?

Most sensible post on this place. Wish more would read it.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:58pm
Not many of us go searching for opinions posted nine years ago AH.  Even those by VSP.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:00pm
It was the only one came up on search.
I know Gay3 gets upset when new threads are opened, so I wanted to point something out that I thought was important as I am very angry and annoyed at something abusive and fowl that was posted on this website this afternoon by a certain member.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by JoanFerguson JoanFerguson wrote:

It was the only one came up on search.
I know Gay3 gets upset when new threads are opened, so I wanted to point something out that I thought was important as I am very angry and annoyed at something abusive and fowl that was posted on this website this afternoon by a certain member.

Oh no.

Whatever could it have been.

Bringing this up really let the perpetrators have it with both barrells.

Ouch!

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:58pm
I thought thhis was a new thread & therefore that VSP had sprung into action after a long hibernation LOL
Yes, duplicated threads annoy me because if one's interested enough to go looking for a subject, you want to see it in its' entirety, not piecemeal in 1/2 a dozen or more threads.
Most of you are doing great resuscitating them, thanks & also those who spot new threads on subjects already posted so thanks again Thumbs Up
RED is one of the worst offenders with multi threads & titles that we've no idea what to search under even if we did want to reread Wink
Much lattitude is tolerated in Joffs & General so visit at your peril, however keep it clean 'up here' please & don't be backward in reporting posts, you will remain anonymous Smile
I'm happy to say my personal view is that the vitriol & abuse of 8 - 10 years ago is virtually non existent & hopefully continues with the help of all  Hug

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I
I'm happy to say my personal view is that the vitriol & abuse of 8 - 10 years ago is virtually non existent & hopefully continues with the help of all  Hug

I must try harder Confused
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:06pm
Whale, the above applies to 'up here' not 'down' in the dungeons Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:19pm
Ok Gay is overworked here, however I strongly recommend that if JF or any other person on here who takes exception to posts should refer them to her.

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:32pm
I have deeply offended Joan ....lets hope she doesn't do anything silly fingers crossed looool
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Ok Gay is overworked here, however I strongly recommend that if JF or any other person on here who takes exception to posts should refer them to her.

I already did.

Thanks for your response Gay3, Noted for future reference.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Whale, the above applies to 'up here' not 'down' in the dungeons Wink
Gay may I suggest we use an umbrella term to describe the " down in the dungeon" types . The term "bottom dwellers" seems appropriate !
Second in the 2017 TBV Dead Pool Competition
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:03pm
Gay requires little advice, particularly a typically gratuitous offering such as yours.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:03pm
Great idea oneone if you were suggesting it to someone with 1/2 a memory LOL
Bottom dwellers, bowels & dungeons all serve the purpose to those who need to know Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Gay requires little advice, particularly a typically gratuitous offering such as yours.
Finally a thread that's right up your ally SC !
Second in the 2017 TBV Dead Pool Competition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic