Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who wants this place cleaned up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:04pm
Really the conversation is unnecessary. Especially in the racing forum... I give up. Say whatever you want, Liar - not meaning to be offensive or anything but what interest do you have in Australian racing anyway? I couldn't imagine getting heavily involved in the discussion of English racing.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by tvlark tvlark wrote:

Really the conversation is unnecessary. Especially in the racing forum... I give up. Say whatever you want, Liar - not meaning to be offensive or anything but what interest do you have in Australian racing anyway? I couldn't imagine getting heavily involved in the discussion of English racing.

THAT  IS  EXACTLY  MY  POINT  ..  should  be  in  general  then  it  wouldnt  matter  ..  but  vsp  decided  it  would  be  better  clogging up  the  racing  forum  .. 

Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Liar  Liar Liar Liar wrote:

THAT  IS  EXACTLY  MY  POINT  ..  should  be  in  general  then  it  wouldnt  matter  ..  but  vsp  decided  it  would  be  better  clogging up  the  racing  forum  .. 

methinks we are now seeing the Irish in you Liar, the racing forum is the forum that needs being cleaned up !!
Who says i'm dumb?
recklessenemy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Slim Pickens Slim Pickens wrote:

Originally posted by recklessenemy recklessenemy wrote:

Oh for goodness (f**ks) sake. Grow up prudes. Who the hell are any of you to determine what someone should and shouldnt say and how they should express themselves? Who says when something is or isnt offensive? You guys? What makes anyone the judge of expression? Its a place of free speech not of morality. Someone is not more "right" in regards to any issue. How someone could be offended by an internet post is beyond me. Maybe a shade of severe insecurity or immaturity has snuck into some wannabe intellects lack of brain matter? Talk horses, not HOW someone should talk about horses.

It's called Democracy and it works like this.... Majority rules, and believe it or not, it's passed the test of time.

You See Reckless, life is not what revolves around your head but what revolves around all our heads, and fortunately, most people on here, realise that, and most people ( i hope) would understand that the internet is no different to any other form of communication going around, letters, face to face, phone calls, emails, carrier pigeon etc.etc. and i'll bet my bottom dollar most people adhere to "normal behaviour" using those forms of communication.

Now whilst i'll agree with you, re free speech and expression, i don't see any reasons whatsoever, to disregard the morality issue, and don't give me the anonymity bullsh*t excuse, cos one thing i can tell you is, behind every computer screen is a human being, with feelings and emotions.

somebody once said... if you have to resort to foul language and abuse to get your point across, then you have failed miserably to prove your point, in fact the only thing you have proved is 'the education you missed out on".

Free Speech, self expression, tolerance ,understanding, good debate, fun and frivolity, and backing winners, BRING IT ON!!

Hang on . . .whats foul language?? sh*t isnt foul? But f**k is?? I smell some irony. Give YOU an excuse? Im not giving you anything.  Normal behaviour? Democracy? THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM, a fake society of opinion. I think people are taking themselves and things people post and say on here waaaaaaay to seriously.
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:10pm
not meaning to be offensive or anything but what interest do you have in Australian racing anyway? I couldn't imagine getting heavily involved in the discussion of English racing.

racing  was  the  be  all  and  end  all  of  my  days  for  more  than  25  years   i  loved  it  ..  i  still  like  being  around  punters  especially  dumb  ones  as  they  can  learn  something  if  they  actually  listen  .. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Sorry reckless, but maye you could you explain why someone such as yourself has a need to use the F-word every time you post on TBV?

Why do I have to explain anything to you? Who the hell are you?
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:13pm

Originally posted by Liar  Liar Liar Liar wrote:

methinks we are now seeing the Irish in you Liar, the racing forum is the forum that needs being cleaned up !!

not  from  me  it  doesnt  ..

show  me  any  thread  in  this  catagory  that  i   have  steared  off  topic..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:19pm

Oh for goodness (f**ks) sake. Grow up prudes. Who the hell are any of you to determine what someone should and shouldnt say and how they should express themselves? Who says when something is or isnt offensive? You guys? What makes anyone the judge of expression? Its a place of free speech not of morality. Someone is not more "right" in regards to any issue. How someone could be offended by an internet post is beyond me. Maybe a shade of severe insecurity or immaturity has snuck into some wannabe intellects lack of brain matter? Talk horses, not HOW someone should talk about horses.

It's called Democracy and it works like this.... Majority rules, and believe it or not, it's passed the test of time.

You See Reckless, life is not what revolves around your head but what revolves around all our heads, and fortunately, most people on here, realise that, and most people ( i hope) would understand that the internet is no different to any other form of communication going around, letters, face to face, phone calls, emails, carrier pigeon etc.etc. and i'll bet my bottom dollar most people adhere to "normal behaviour" using those forms of communication.

Now whilst i'll agree with you, re free speech and expression, i don't see any reasons whatsoever, to disregard the morality issue, and don't give me the anonymity bullsh*t excuse, cos one thing i can tell you is, behind every computer screen is a human being, with feelings and emotions.

somebody once said... if you have to resort to foul language and abuse to get your point across, then you have failed miserably to prove your point, in fact the only thing you have proved is 'the education you missed out on".

Free Speech, self expression, tolerance ,understanding, good debate, fun and frivolity, and backing winners, BRING IT ON!!

Hang on . . .whats foul language?? sh*t isnt foul? But f**k is?? I smell some irony. Give YOU an excuse? Im not giving you anything.  Normal behaviour? Democracy? THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM, a fake society of opinion. I think people are taking themselves and things people post and say on here waaaaaaay to seriously.

Aint that the truth, you haven't given us ANYTHING at all, except your over inflated opinion of yourself.

Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:25pm

Aint that the truth, you haven't given us ANYTHING at all, except your over inflated opinion of yourself.

But Slim, you contradicted yourself. But you cant explain it. Resort to foul language? You tell me great one, what language did you use in your post? You are seeming more irrelevant each time you talk. Opinion of myself? I  have in no way put myself above anyone or said that I am the all mighty. The thing is we are both giving our opinions. But you are implying YOUR the authority on the issue. Look at yourself before you try and belittle me. LOL
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:26pm
the  truth  is  jarryd  is  the  site  mod  as  quoted  by  the  mayor  somewhere  ..

and  all  this  whinging  and  whining  is  because  of  that  fact  his  age  pisses  you  all  off..

he  is  doing  a  good  enough  job  in  my  opinion  and  i  hope  the  mayor  does  not  give  in  to  all  this  camp   teenage   jealousy  bullsh*t..
tvlark View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:26pm

Sorry reckless, but maye you could you explain why someone such as yourself has a need to use the F-word every time you post on TBV?

Didn't use one there, did you reckless?Tongue I guess in some ways the use of expletives makes discussion more real, rather than of a forced formality - and also helps to get your point across if you are in any way offended. Like I said, none of that bothers me. They're just words. Somewhere along the line they were deemed inappropriate, like almost everything else has: race, religion, sex, sexuality - what society views as inappropriate and what an individual does are two separate things. But on reading this post I understand sponsors and moderators have a duty of care to uphold, and the main aim of the forum is for people to gather together and contribute to discussion - we've got to allow some room for manners to ensure we get the maximum number of debaters in an argument.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:29pm

Didn't use one there, did you reckless?Tongue I guess in some ways the use of expletives makes discussion more real, rather than of a forced formality - and also helps to get your point across if you are in any way offended. Like I said, none of that bothers me. They're just words. Somewhere along the line they were deemed inappropriate, like almost everything else has: race, religion, sex, sexuality - what society views as inappropriate and what an individual does are two separate things. But on reading this post I understand sponsors and moderators have a duty of care to uphold, and the main aim of the forum is for people to gather together and contribute to discussion - we've got to allow some room for manners to ensure we get the maximum number of debaters in an argument.

Perfect said TV. Clap for a man with a brain. Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:44pm
No i can't explain it Reckless coz i dont see any contradiction at all, and that would be you're the authority, not your, the authority.

and pardon me for saying bullsh*t!!

Who says i'm dumb?
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:48pm
This happens every years after the spring carnival.

Best to let it run it's course. Those that don't care will not be here. Summer racing reallly isn't that exciting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:10pm

No i can't explain it Reckless coz i dont see any contradiction at all, and that would be you're the authority, not your, the authority.

Are you teaching me grammar now? My, the skills you have are astonishing! Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:13pm

Village idiot, the fact you said that somehow using foul language is not necessary to get ones point across. And then you swear! LOL LOL Sad old man.
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:22pm
Doesn't this rather prove VSP's case? Following this thread is like watching schoolkids throw tantrums. 'He did it'. 'No, he did it'.

And actually it's the kids her who are still in school who often offer the most interesting well argued stuff, while the adults throw tantrums at the slightest provocation.

I guess that bodes well for the future.
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:29pm
I tend to just ignore the w**kers, meaning I never really draw their attention, making for a pleasant stay.
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 10:37pm
I tried to read all this, but its all sh*t!!!

Move on!
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:11pm

Village idiot, the fact you said that somehow using foul language is not necessary to get ones point across. And then you swear! LOL LOL Sad old man.

no i said foul language and personal abuse, if you think by saying don't give me a bullsh*t excuse is personally abusive, then you obviously have a total lack of the English language.

And as far as being the village idiot, coming from a total f**kwit like yourself, i'll take that as a compliment, and yes, this IS a definite contradiction!!
Who says i'm dumb?
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:16pm
[QUOTE=Slim Pickens] [
And as far as being the village idiot, coming from a total f**kwit like yourself,
LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:16pm

no i said foul language and personal abuse, if you think by saying don't give me a bullsh*t excuse is personally abusive, then you obviously have a total lack of the English language.

And as far as being the village idiot, coming from a total f**kwit like yourself, i'll take that as a compliment, and yes, this IS a definite contradiction!!

Keep shovelling Slim, your not worth my time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:34pm
that would be you're not worth my time! LOLLOLLOL

you can lead a horse to water...!!
Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recklessenemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 11:36pm

that would be you're not worth my time! LOLLOLLOL

you can lead a horse to water...!!

Evil%20Smile
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 2:28am
You're just proving everyone right Liar Liar. Keep digging that hole.
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Fine Fine wrote:

You're just proving everyone right Liar Liar. Keep digging that hole.

why  bring  me  into  their  year  12  bullsh*t  fine..??

different  time  zones  means  i  had my  say  and  retired  ..
your  like  a  few  here  crash / tiger  are  good  examples  you  cant  get enough  of  me  so  you  just  keep  making posts  to get  my  attention.,

Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 5:39am
come on  fine  why  try  getting  my  attention  5  hours after  my  last  post..???
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 6:09am
I'm not the slightest bit interested in you, except to say that ypur posts are often offensive.
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 12:25pm
you  said  that  previously  on  this  thread..

i  told  you  then  to  post  here  one  of  those  offensive  posts  you  quote  instead  of  just  talk..

considering  im  supposed  to  be  gratiously  offensive  you  seem  to  be  struggling  to  find  any postings  of  mine  to  match  the  criteria..

thecannylad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecannylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2008 at 2:58pm
vsp, quite simply this is what you get when mayor allows teenagers to be moderators, exacerbated further by the fact that there like neanderthal ballarat types , and get all excited coz they have a beer with weiry at the rat, or stand  at the other end ot the bar at the same time 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic