Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

When you're either "Right" or "Confused" ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

By the way 3bm, please don't tell me that you get your opinions from a Gold Logie Winning Muslim of Convenience, who is just a puppet for his La Trobe University spawned left wing marxist producer? ... That show is getting as bad as Q&A, and I've already discredited this self confessed expert on all ALP policy as a liar and a fraud ... pleeeez, what does Darryl Sommers, Denise Drysdale and Ernie Sigley have to say on the subject??? - at least get a cross section of "experts" opinions!

really the disingenuous garbage that spews from your mouth is astonishing, on second thoughts no it isn't Ouch

Waleed Aly is a highly qualified acadamic who happened to appeal on tv and eventually won a gold logie.  People listen to him not because of his gold logie but because of his expertise, agree or disagree with him .   What qualifications do the others have ,   none, and thus they never talk about politics.

Just stop with your nonsensical, hysterical posts Dr E
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:50am
Waleed is just a mouthpiece for his puppetmaster marxist producer - don't believe me? - look him up!

I called him out on his lies during the election - no reply!

Anyone who blindly follows his lies about the validity of the ALP's tragically flawed fiscal policies, probably believes that the Same Sex Marriage campaign is about SSM, and Islam is the religion of peace ... it's time for the bedwetters to "GrowUp".

GetUp! Action for Australia

https://www.getup.org.au/
An independent movement to build a progressive Australia and bring participation back into our democracy.

Make a Donation

Thank you for considering making a donation to GetUp. 

We're moving Australia towards a more fair, flourishing, and just tomorrow. But we can't get there without you. 

When you support GetUp, you're not just funding political noise. You're powering a million-strong, strategically savvy organisation that makes real change happen. 

Every dollar you donate to GetUp is used to build a more fair, flourishing, and just Australia. 

A contribution to GetUp is an investment in extraordinary impact. 

GetUp is a not-for-profit organisation and does not receive any money from political parties or the Government. While the average donation we received over the past year was $17, a small proportioin of our donations come from major gifts.

Like all advocacy organisations, GetUp is required by law to disclose to the Australian Electoral Commission the identity of any donors who give over $11,200 in a financial year. These disclosures, however, take up to 18 months. We believe political parties should be more transparent, so GetUp discloses all donations to GetUp of over $10,000.

All donations over $10,000 are published on this page within 30 days of their receipt.

We are not aware of any other advocacy organisation or political party following such disclosure practices, but hope Parliament will legislate to require more transparent disclosure in the future.

Donations above $10,000:

Name(s)Financial YearAmount
Sally Perini2016/2017$10,000
Oak Foundation2016/2017$63,693
Sally Perini2015/2016$15,200
Sean Triner and Christiana Stergiou2015/2016$25,000
Chris Allen2015/2016$28,600
Campact2015/2016$42,960.81
Purpose2015/2016$39,059.65
Minax Uriel Pty Ltd for the late Norman Rothfield Peace and Justice Fund2015/2016$152,435
Amanda Lopez2015/2016$66,270
Karen Loblay2015/2016$43,960
Shanna Langdon2015/2016$10,000
Brian Snape AM2015/2016$14,375
Amanda Lopez2014/2015$103,125
Avaaz Foundation2014/2015$99,985
Karen Loblay2014/2015$50,100
Minax Uriel Pty Ltd for the late Norman Rothfield Peace and Justice Fund2014/2015$53,975
Stan Sharkey2014/2015$12,500
Avaaz Foundation2013/2014$95,633
John and Sue McKinnon2013/2014$10,000
Dr Christopher Allen2013/2014$20,000
Karen Loblay2013/2014$11,160
SM Varga and A D Coombs2012/2013$40,000
Roger Allen2012/2013$60,000
Tarkine Wilderness Pty Ltd2011/2012$10,000
Linda Kepitis2011/2012$10,000
Chris Morris2011/2012$10,000
Australian Education Union2011/2012$10,000
Roger Allen2010/2011$40,000
Roslyn Horin2010/2011$20,000
ASU2010/2011$35,000
CFMEU2010/2011$1,120,000
Richard Stiles2010/2011$17,000
Graeme Wood2009/2010$25,000
Anne Coombs2009/2010$20,000
Richard Stiles2009/2010$15,000
Jo Skrynski2008/2009$137,500
Maureen and Tony Wheeler2007/2008$82,500
CPSU Community and Public Sector Union2007/2008$50,000
Jagen2007/2008$50,000
Deanne E Weir2007/2008$40,000
Anne Coombs2007/2008$39,700
S J Killela2007/2008$30,000
Duncan Turpie2007/2008$25,000
Daniel Droga2007/2008$20,000
Heyede Pty Ltd2007/2008$18,250
Roger Allen2007/2008$16,497
SM Varga and AD Coombes2006/2007$90,000
S J Killelea2006/2007$70,000
Deanne E Weir2006/2007$25,000
Heyede Pty Ltd2006/2007$16,665
E Thornley and T Ellery2005/2006$14,165

Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:39am
Malcolm Turnbull: $3million
Corporate mates: ???

Labor just needs to get needs a squillionaire merchant banker leading them. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:29am
Dr E I did not say people should agree with everything he says, I don't, just that he is well qualified and as entitled as anyone else to state his views. 

Is the Herald Sun Muslim of convenience Rita Panahi more qualified, she has a journalism degree, or does she ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:37am
Should that be Muslim hating Muslim of convenience?  
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I know it is a week late but, RUOK Doc?

Up at 2:30AM posting multiple Andrew Bolt articles suggests you are most certainly troubled Shocked

I think one of the blows Tom Domican delivered to poor Pete's head has brought on a bit of the old early onset conservatives disease 

Ad hominem- indicates someone is having difficulty countering the truth of an argument.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I know it is a week late but, RUOK Doc?

Up at 2:30AM posting multiple Andrew Bolt articles suggests you are most certainly troubled Shocked

I think one of the blows Tom Domican delivered to poor Pete's head has brought on a bit of the old early onset conservatives disease 

Ad hominem- indicates someone is having difficulty countering the truth of an argument.

Geez Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:54pm

Malcolm Turnbull: $3million
Corporate mates: ???

Labor just needs to get needs a squillionaire merchant banker leading them. 

Labor needs to be led by a successful business person, rather than a parasitic career trade unionist, or a corrupt, entitled victim? 

You could be onto something there!Clap
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:56pm
A Donald Trump?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Dr E I did not say people should agree with everything he says, I don't, just that he is well qualified and as entitled as anyone else to state his views. 

Is the Herald Sun Muslim of convenience Rita Panahi more qualified, she has a journalism degree, or does she ?

I think everyone is aware that Waleed is a proud product of the Left wing marxist LGBTIQRSTUV run academia that has covertly taken control of our education systems in the past 20 odd years ... you could just imagine him as a kid, the one with the string of sausages around his neck, so the dog would play with him ... the perfect "victim" for procurement to the cause.  

I really don't know what Rita's qualifications are, nor did I even realised that she WAS a Muslim!Shocked 

... she never mentioned it in her Gold Logie Acceptance speech, and there was no reference to "breaking the glass ceiling" and all that other divisive moralistic left wing crap ... Confused

... but I do know for certain, that Waleed, the expert on all things known to mankind, is just a left wing ALP apologist, and has no compunction when it came to lying about the ALP's financial and fiscal policies during the election ... oh what a disappointment it must be to the ALP hierarchy, that the ABC can't afford him ...Cry

Just as an aside, i found it interesting that The Project ran a piece on the "Child Bride's" story yesterday, and it was so distressing that Waleed had to have a sickie ... they even interviewed a genuine Christian Indian former child bride ... for the sake of "balance" ...Dead
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:21pm

A Donald Trump?

maybe not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:23pm
LOL
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 6:48pm

I think everyone is aware that Waleed is a proud product of the Left wing marxist LGBTIQRSTUV run academia that has covertly taken control of our education systems in the past 20 odd years ... you could just imagine him as a kid, the one with the string of sausages around his neck, so the dog would play with him ... the perfect "victim" for procurement to the cause.  

I really don't know what Rita's qualifications are, nor did I even realised that she WAS a Muslim!Shocked 

... she never mentioned it in her Gold Logie Acceptance speech, and there was no reference to "breaking the glass ceiling" and all that other divisive moralistic left wing crap ... Confused

... but I do know for certain, that Waleed, the expert on all things known to mankind, is just a left wing ALP apologist, and has no compunction when it came to lying about the ALP's financial and fiscal policies during the election ... oh what a disappointment it must be to the ALP hierarchy, that the ABC can't afford him ...Cry

Just as an aside, i found it interesting that The Project ran a piece on the "Child Bride's" story yesterday, and it was so distressing that Waleed had to have a sickie ... they even interviewed a genuine Christian Indian former child bride ... for the sake of "balance" ...Dead

You're not embarrassed to have written this tripe are you Doc. Seems to come with the territory, unfortunately. Everything is black and white, left and right. Throw reason out the door. 250 years on and JSMill's observations on conservatives have never rung truer. 

The more I read the more I'm convinced that logical thinking and ethics should be compulsory in every high school and every degree course. I doubt public discourse has ever been at such a low ebb despite the huge advantages of information access that now exist. 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:06pm

With a third of our budget blown on welfare, we need educators to teach and inspire people to be more than victims. 

We will be a broke Third World Country, over run by "the religion of peace and welfare", with wind energy driven desalination plants on every corner, free gender reassignment clinics in every kindergarten, and heterosexual marriages being carried out in dark alleys after midnight to avoid vilification, within a generation otherwise.

what category of welfare in particular are we blowing?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

You're not embarrassed to have written this tripe are you Doc. Seems to come with the territory, unfortunately. Everything is black and white, left and right. Throw reason out the door. 250 years on and JSMill's observations on conservatives have never rung truer. 

The more I read the more I'm convinced that logical thinking and ethics should be compulsory in every high school and every degree course. I doubt public discourse has ever been at such a low ebb despite the huge advantages of information access that now exist. 
Specifically what have I said that is causing you concern on such an elitist level?

... apart from the truth.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

With a third of our budget blown on welfare, we need educators to teach and inspire people to be more than victims. 

We will be a broke Third World Country, over run by "the religion of peace and welfare", with wind energy driven desalination plants on every corner, free gender reassignment clinics in every kindergarten, and heterosexual marriages being carried out in dark alleys after midnight to avoid vilification, within a generation otherwise.

We will deal with the Muslims and the laggards later.

Let's start with an easy one, and big one that is only getting BIGGER ... the aged pension.

Why are people who have made little or no effort to superannuate themselves, be allowed to be a burden on society for 20 or 30 years, and longer?

100 years on from the introduction of the aged pension, life expectancies have increased by about 20 years, yet the retirement age has hardly moved ... it is a joke!

All of these "entitled greybeards" who paid taxes all their lives (really?) MUST get their pensions and their benefits (it's not like they received education, health, social security, infrastructure, secure borders, or anything else of value for their taxes ... good grief), and the soft cock pollies on both sides are too scared to do anything about it ... puerile rubbish.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 3:00am
... and Waleed's "illness" continued today, with the revelation that 49% of Australians would support a ban on Muslim immigration ... even 34% of Greens voters supported it! 

This was a poll run by the Left wing ALP sympathetic Essential group.

OK, 49% is actually a minority (someone explain THAT to Bullgelati Bill, Pleeeezzz!), but worse for the aspiring IS infiltrator was the fact that only 40% of the population was against the proposition ... and only 48% of ALP Voters were against it.

The only person more excited than Pauline at the moment is maccamax ... but how could you tell?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 3:24pm
Dr E ,should there be the aged pension for anyone and if sio how would you decide ?  Or are they all wastrels who have squandered their money and are now sponging on government handouts?  You do realise that some people may not be as "smart", or educated as you and have struggled to make ends meet their whole life, not much opportunity for financial planning there .
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 3:52pm

<span style="font-size: 13.6px; line-height: 19.04px;">We will deal with the Muslims and the laggards later.</span>

<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">Let's start with an easy one, and big one that is only getting BIGGER ... the aged pension.</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
Why are people who have made little or no effort to superannuate themselves, be allowed to be a burden on society for 20 or 30 years, and longer?

100 years on from the introduction of the aged pension, life expectancies have increased by about 20 years, yet the retirement age has hardly moved ... it is a joke!

All of these "entitled greybeards" who paid taxes all their lives (really?) MUST get their pensions and their benefits (it's not like they received education, health, social security, infrastructure, secure borders, or anything else of value for their taxes ... good grief), and the soft cock pollies on both sides are too scared to do anything about it ... puerile rubbish.

even though 1 in 3 pensioners live in poverty...right now.

do you still burn ants with a magnifying glass??
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:40pm

Dr E ,should there be the aged pension for anyone and if sio how would you decide ?  Or are they all wastrels who have squandered their money and are now sponging on government handouts?  You do realise that some people may not be as "smart", or educated as you and have struggled to make ends meet their whole life, not much opportunity for financial planning there .

Whale, of course there are people with genuine claims to welfare, but we won't be able to afford them if we don't lift the retirement age!

Similarly, why is a home exempt from the asset test? Half of the retirees with a home in Sydney are sitting on a Million Dollars plus ... THAT is the hidden super that incurs ZERO tax PLUS they get their coveted pension card and a HANDOUT.???

... and NO Whale, I don't blame them for their naivety - it is the fault of the socialists who just kept on bribing them for their vote, and spent their lifetimes convincing them that they would get what they were "entitled to".

... alas, I doubt that the house of cards will be able to handle the next zephyr that comes along ... 180,000 Asylum Seekers over the next 10 years ... WTF!???Ouch

We might need to have a series of cage matches to determine who get the handouts.

Houso Pensioners v Islamic Terrorists ... I'm backing the Housos!!!Thumbs Up

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:41pm

<span style="font-size: 13.6px; line-height: 19.04px;">We will deal with the Muslims and the laggards later.</span>

<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">Let's start with an easy one, and big one that is only getting BIGGER ... the aged pension.</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

even though 1 in 3 pensioners live in poverty...right now.

do you still burn ants with a magnifying glass??

It's extremely unfair when the other 2 are millionaires ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:20pm

We will deal with the Muslims and the laggards later.

Let's start with an easy one, and big one that is only getting BIGGER ... the aged pension.

Seems too obvious but it obviously didn't occur to you that most of those pensioners laid the foundation for your good fortune, well before Labor governments introduced the concept of compulsory super.  Apart from that you also appear to have no appreciation of the economics of money in money out. The con Treasurer firmly believes in the trickle down effects of benefits, but he applies the principle to big business and simply hopes for the best. 

There are plenty of ridiculous taxation benefits and other rules which should be tightened to restrict access to the Ages Pension but lumping in the entitled rorters with the deserving majority is, how did you put it - puerile rubbish.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:40pm
Should we re-institute death taxes Doc? Logically if you think about it from a con perspective in particular you should not inherit anything, you should only benefit from your own work and abilities - even if they've been honed at great cost to your parents or you've been lucky enough to inherit the genes of intelligence and good health.  

The lottery of where you're born in the world and your family upbringing has far more to do with how well people do than you appreciate. Two maxims which you'd do well to learn - walk a mile in my shoes and do unto others. Doesn't mean you can't criticise and want fair change but it does mean you'll learn to appreciate nuance and the value of understanding others' situations, even if empathy is beyond you at this stage of your life. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:44pm

Whale, of course there are people with genuine claims to welfare, but we won't be able to afford them if we don't lift the retirement age!

Similarly, why is a home exempt from the asset test? Half of the retirees with a home in Sydney are sitting on a Million Dollars plus ... THAT is the hidden super that incurs ZERO tax PLUS they get their coveted pension card and a HANDOUT.???

... and NO Whale, I don't blame them for their naivety - it is the fault of the socialists who just kept on bribing them for their vote, and spent their lifetimes convincing them that they would get what they were "entitled to".

... alas, I doubt that the house of cards will be able to handle the next zephyr that comes along ... 180,000 Asylum Seekers over the next 10 years ... WTF!???Ouch

We might need to have a series of cage matches to determine who get the handouts.

Houso Pensioners v Islamic Terrorists ... I'm backing the Housos!!!Thumbs Up

A home is exempt for the obvious reason you need to live somewhere but I agree the amount above over a certain value, say $1 million should be included in the asset test. I tis quite ridiculous in some cases living in mansions, or pouring money into homes and receiving the pension.  I also agree the pension age should be raised and it will be gradually
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:55pm

Should we re-institute death taxes Doc? Logically if you think about it from a con perspective in particular you should not inherit anything, you should only benefit from your own work and abilities - even if they've been honed at great cost to your parents or you've been lucky enough to inherit the genes of intelligence and good health.  

The lottery of where you're born in the world and your family upbringing has far more to do with how well people do than you appreciate. Two maxims which you'd do well to learn - walk a mile in my shoes and do unto others. Doesn't mean you can't criticise and want fair change but it does mean you'll learn to appreciate nuance and the value of understanding others' situations, even if empathy is beyond you at this stage of your life. 

Very true but all government assistance needs to be tightened considerably, far too many people taking advantage of a lax system
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 12:37am

I don't purport to have all of the answers, but the problem is easily identified ... not enough money coming in, but more particularly, too much going out - and yes, John Howard has much to answer too - got too many of us "hooked on crack" when the good times were rolling!

As for The lottery/nature/nurture/luck, etc., the only thing I inherited from my parents was a dodgy ticker and a funeral bill. No inheritance coming on the better half's side either.

I will be working well past retirement age, but by choice.

I could easily retire in due course, and do the "downsize" and have a very comfortable retirement (if I stop backing losers!), just like plenty of people will do, who have no other choice.

I have a sibling who is probably smarter and more talented than me, had every opportunity I ever had, who will be on welfare for life ... interestingly, she has an LGBTIQ son ... go figure where she stands on "entitlement".

Death Tax? ... no.

Do we really want to give the incompetent nuff nuffs more money to piss up against the wall? 

NOTE: This very subject of people using their home as their super nest egg, is the reason that any changes to Negative Gearing would cost the nation at least 20 times it's purported saving. Any "reduction" in future capital growth will need to be subsidised by welfare.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 2:59pm
I threw the death tax thing out there because the typical argument of neocons is all about paying your way - with no regard at all to individual opportunity or circumstance. If that's the case then let's at least try to create a moderately level playing field and take away the advantage middle and upper class kids --> adults have through no effort of their own. I can hear the bleating now. It's not actually something I support but it's a logical extension of the simplistic neocon mantra flogged constantly by con politicians and the Murdoch press. Murdoch of course inherited nothing and had no advantage as he moved through life. 

Negative gearing changes COST the economy? What a load of unadulterated rubbish. Can't recall all the details now but no other developed country offers such generous welfare to investors. You might ask yourself how Germany keeps a lid on its housing and rental costs. 

Not enough tax dollars coming in? What, don't you believe the con lies that it's all a spending problem any more? Revenue is THE major long term issue and it's one which the cons in Britain at least made a start on by instituting the so called "google tax". They of course went soft in the end but they did manage to extract tens of millions of unpaid taxes from multi-national rorters. Morrison has just given them a tax break. Go figure. Put a fwit in charge of the national coffers and what else would you expect I suppose.

When you have a PM who invests in tax havens, a Future Fund doing the same and paying megabucks to its managers, companies avoiding tax left, right and centre why would you expect strugglers to tighten their belts?

Politicians and the media - yes, you know who I'm talking about - have a lot to answer for in regard to entitlement, handouts, rorts and corruption of the political system in this country. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 4:24pm

Very true but all government assistance needs to be tightened considerably, far too many people taking advantage of a lax system

yeah..like Downs Syndrome kids...

had to take the new govt form for assessing disability (my eldest daughter) to the doc today, to have her fill in what they already know...

Doc said she had filled in one a few days earlier for a family with two Downs Syndrome kids...she laughingly joked that obviously they had outgrown their condition...

talk about wasting money....

Angry   
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 9:52am
This is interesting - another left wing socialist, explaining what has gone wrong with the "Regressive Left" ...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:28am
This isn't new here in Australia This fragmenting of both left and right started a while ago. I had a conversation with a conservative politician turned Independent about 10 years ago and he forecast this fragmenting

Rubin is hardly a socialist On the Australian scale he is about where the ''real'' Malcolm is, centre right. It is just that they are generally more conservative in the US.

No surprise the left is fragmenting here either. We saw at the recent election the far left green faction in NSW challenging Labor seats at the risk of delivering them to the Liberal Party. Bob Brown's social left environmental party has been replaced with 'progressive' left politicians. They are in the process of power struggling their way to factions within it.

The reality of the modern world is political parties are more fragmented to define a narrower agenda representing more targeted groups  than ever before and the old left/right paradigm is being challenged to the point where we will see in the HOR the same situation as in the senate where groupings of parties will govern in one form or another The Gillard govt was a forecast of the future.

The broad church of the Liberal Party is now fragmenting into a collection of autonomous parishes The left is headed the same way Coalitions like we have seen in 26 of 28 European countries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic