Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What happened to Elvstroem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Elvstroem?
    Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:06am
What happened to Elvstroem?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:26am
Exported to France last December
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:17am
Just had a winner in France - My Loves Passion in a 2yo newcomers race.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:45pm
reductio ad absurdum
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:40pm
He left the building. Not sure but he did get a crack at another home some years ago.
ianb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:18pm
How would Elvis mares or Haradasun mares go with Highland Reel?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 12:23am
A bit close for me
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 7:02pm
BLOODSTOCK LATEST ROYAL ASCOT

Haras de Saint-Julien working like clockwork after Watch Me's victory

Coronation Stakes star was bred by Antoinette Tamagni

Watch Me has three brothers by Elvstroem. The two-year-old is with John Oxx, and he?s called Watchmen.

By Tom Peacock

The unfamiliar name of Watch Me's owner Alexander Tamagni masks the fact that the Coronation Stakes winner comes under the guise of connections well-versed in the thoroughbred world.

Indeed, as the French Tricolores were waved in salute of returning jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot and trainer Francis Graffard, it was surprising not to see one of two red and white crosses in the terraces above the winner's enclosure.

Alexander’s mother, and Watch Me’s very proud breeder is Antoinette Tamagni, Swiss born and the other half of Patrick Chedeville, whose Haras du Petit Tellier is a Normandy institution.

Antoinette, whose previous best effort had been producing the Group 3 Prix d’Arenberg victress This Time, has established a separate breeding entity to Chedeville's and acquired Watch Me’s dam Watchful, a winning Galileo mare for Luca Cumani, for just €22,000 at Arqana in December 2015.

"I’ve been breeding with Petit Tellier for 20 years but for three years I’ve had my own stud and this is the first filly out of Haras de Saint-Julien, which is half an hour from Deauville," she said.

"Petit Tellier is a commercial stud, we bought Elvstroem as a stallion and he stands there, but Haras de Saint-Julien is private, and there are only my mares there. All that I have learned is from my husband, and now I’m trying it on my own!

"I wanted a Galileo mare for Elvstroem and I bought her in-foal to Olympic Glory, which is how we have Watch Me. She’s a bonus!"

Watch Me, bred in partnership with Cocheese Bloodstock Anstalt, had landed the Prix Imprudence Classic trial in narrow fashion but finished only sixth in a messy Poule d’Essai des Pouliches, leading to her 20-1 price tag as she outpointed hot favourite Hermosa by a length and a half.

"She had a really bad race in the Guineas in France," the breeder explained. "Before that I was really confident but the Guineas was so bad I wasn’t sure whether we’d go to Ascot or not. I knew she had the speed to be in the first three and I felt if she got in the first three I would be happy. I couldn’t be confident.

"First we wanted to go in the Prix Rothschild in Deauville but now after the win, I don’t know. I’ll let her go home, see how she is, and then we’ll see what we do with her with the trainer."

Antoinette Tamagni has 35 mares on her own premises. There are further progeny of Watchful on the horizon and one has departed for another of the sport's illustrious names.

"Watch Me has three brothers by Elvstroem," she revealed. "The two-year-old is with John Oxx, and he’s called Watchmen. I’m good friends with John, that’s the reason he went there. Then there’s a yearling who I’ll call Watch Him and put in the sale this summer."

Oddly for a filly who is now worth a small fortune, Watch Me failed to shift at Arqana herself in August 2017, going back to Tamagni’s care at €30,000.

"The policy is hopefully to keep the good fillies for breeding and selling the colts," she said. "I put them in the sale and if they don’t make the reserve, I buy them back and keep them for myself. But now the fillies aren’t on the market! I’ll sell if I have the mother or sisters still. The best thing would be to have 25 mares, but I always find myself with 35."

And of Alexander, his mother reported that he was "very happy" to be a Group 1-winning owner. "All the stud’s horses are running under my son’s colours. I want to involve him, that’s the reason I’m doing it!"

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:10pm
tHANKYOU.
reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:39pm
Anyone know if Elvstroem is still alive & active at stud over in France?  And did he sire any decent horses in the NH?
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm
According to both Arion & Racing Post, he stands at Haras du Petit Tellier for €2,000

It appears that he has no stakeswinners over there & only one stakesplaced (My Love's Passion). Watch Him is another with a Best RPR of 104 & earnings of £77,544 currently running handy races in handicaps in France. So Elvstroem hasn't fired at stud in France.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:42pm
The horse will stand at Petit Tellier alongside Elvstroem and The Grey Gatsby at a fee of €3,000 with breeding rights available for €7,500, allowing one annual nomination plus a second in one of the first two years.
Martin StevensBloodstock journalist
Published on 15 October 2018Last updated 01:09, 15 October 2018

Copy/paste: https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/news/mr-owen-signed-up-to-haras-du-petit-tellier-aM3yT8A9KLBO/

That's all I can find Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:23am
Pretty sure he's moved on Gay.  But I could be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply