Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:21am
Watched "Nureyev" last night - worth a watch, interesting doco and built up the brownie points with the missus!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:55pm
SBS Viceland has Masters Of The Universe followed by Howard The Duck on tonight from 8.00pm.

Both have made lists of the worst movies of all time, but I don't mind them.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:22pm
Masters of the universe was good in the day

Beats that MAFS crap anyday of the week
EAD
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

I agree. A very young Courney Cox was in it too.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Wow she must have been 10-15 years old

Dolph looks more like Skeletor theses days instead of He Man
EAD
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 7:50pm
Downloaded Green Book yesterday. Looking forward to watching it, before or after I watch the rest of Line of Duty  season 3
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Wow she must have been 10-15 years old
main
Dolph looks more like Skeletor theses days instead of He Man

23 years old, or thereabouts.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 8:30pm
Just started watching Breaking Bad.
reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Just started watching Breaking Bad.

Lucky you, possibly the best tv series ever made
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:24pm
Oscars and MAFS would dead heat for the biggest trash on TV with daylight third
EAD
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:52am
Peaky Blinders, wow I’ve just watched it for the first few episodes on Netflix after having it recommended to me by a friend ages ago.
England 1919, what a tough life, what great characters. Hard hitting but very believable. Haven’t been so into a show since Deadwood gave up the ghost
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Peaky Blinders, wow I’ve just watched it for the first few episodes on Netflix after having it recommended to me by a friend ages ago.
England 1919, what a tough life, what great characters. Hard hitting but very believable. Haven’t been so into a show since Deadwood gave up the ghost

Do you watch it with subtitles on? I found it hard to understand what they're saying.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
I'm catching up with Mr Mercedes season 2. As you would expect from anything based on  Steven King it has a preposterous plot. I don't usually have much of a stomach for preposterous plots but even though it is very stupid it is still quite entertaining.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:48am
Trying to watch Unforgotten as it has good reviews. Having real trouble getting into it, episode 1 changes locations every 2 minutes, setting up the story I guess but with my lack of concentration Unhappy

I should persist as I feel it may be worth the effort
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:52am
Definitely worth persevering with Whale. They do cold cases so the flashbacks are building the back story at the same time as you get into it. Doesn't take long to get the story-line.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:20am
I have to admit I watched about 15 minutes of MAFS last night.Embarrassed Saw the nasty b%tch with the botox lips on the beach and today I read she is The Bubbler's  babe.LOL I feel sorry for him. Career tanked and now that.

Simon Cameron

Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Do you watch it with subtitles on? I found it hard to understand what they're saying.

I know what u mean, I just turn the tv up and concentrate hard
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 6:56pm
Rewatching the first 2 series of Westworld,while waiting on series 3.... bit like waiting for the next book from George R R Martin...
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:39pm
Surely many racing enthusiasts, and punters in particular, will be watching the 7.30 Report.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 10:09am
Could not be bothered watching the Michael Jackson is a pedo show- boring. Tell me something I didn't know 30 years ago. And the parents of the kiddies didn't know? Yeah, right- pull the other one.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 11:04am
Hard to believe the parents had no idea what was going on isnt it ! You only had to look at the weirdo to know there was not much normal about him. To let your kid go off and stay with him, unsupervised, tells me the parents were as weird as he was.
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:49pm
Parents seen a huge lawsuit and payday, the parents are no different to being a hooker on a street corner, sad though how kids suffered and were used by there own parents
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I have to admit I watched about 15 minutes of MAFS last night.Embarrassed Saw the nasty b%tch with the botox lips on the beach and today I read she is The Bubbler's  babe.LOL I feel sorry for him. Career tanked and now that.

I read somewhere that the botox bitch has named her baby, Baby.Shocked Yes, Baby. Should be imprisoned for child abuse. Can you imagine the world of pain that kid is in for at school, starting day one at Kindergarten.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:52am
You have to wonder where they find these dumb women.  But as to baby names, there are some weird ones out there.  Those lips ! OMG, like 2 fat savs sitting below her nose.  Bubbler Boy should be just her type .
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You have to wonder where they find these dumb women.  But as to baby names, there are some weird ones out there.  Those lips ! OMG, like 2 fat savs sitting below her nose.  Bubbler Boy should be just her type .

AT THE COONABARABRAN CUP       
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm

you seem to look down on many  people 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:54pm
Most are well deserving of it imo, like the egotistical middle aged women who fall for these internet boyfriend scams!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm
lol if you say so, I have never watched a second of it
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
I'll be watching reruns of George getting sentenced.  It never gets old. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

you seem to look down on many  people 

I dont look down on them.   I stand amazed by them.  They all seem so fake , or just plain silly,  but maybe I have lead a very sheltered life Big smile  Cant say as I personally know a single person with lips like that, or with that kind of attitude either .Shocked
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 54>