Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Velox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velox
    Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:26pm
Does anyone know much about where this guys heading? I know he's first up tomorrow in a pretty handy field, all I can find is hayes saying he's the next spillway so aimed for the australian cup. But if he can get his rating up he'll be thrown into the handicaps. Anyone think he could be a smokey on a low weight in the metrop? Currently 101/26 on crownbet, and thinking about taking the 26 for the place. Cheers

The article from hayes
http://www.racing.com/news/2015-08-25/hayes-velox-could-be-next-spillway

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Aug 2016 at 8:02pm
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:27pm
And sorry if there is a topic on this guy. My search was just hanging there and not giving me any results
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:41pm
He's starting a bit low, on 79, for a horse just shy of Listed class in Britain?

Ought to win a race off that fairly easily.

I find it a bit hard to believe that he would run at 2400m so soon, especially as he's never run it before, and Hayes is talking of the Autumn.  I don't like putting people off having an ante-post bet though
TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Geraldo Geraldo wrote:

He's starting a bit low, on 79, for a horse just shy of Listed class in Britain?

Ought to win a race off that fairly easily.

I find it a bit hard to believe that he would run at 2400m so soon, especially as he's never run it before, and Hayes is talking of the Autumn.  I don't like putting people off having an ante-post bet though

Cheers geraldo. Yeah I knew he was aiming him for the autumn. It was this part “If he invites himself into the good races, he’ll head to them, but he’s quite down in the ratings.” that hayes said that made me think he might have a throw at the stumps if he can get his rating up. But good point about being hard to get it up so high in a short time, let this one go through to the keeper i think. Cheers
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:17pm
On 88 in NSW, and 79 Victoria.

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 2:51pm
He was purchased out of the UK for $750,000 by Linsdsay Park out of last year's Tattersalls tried horse sale. Geez that's a lot for a horse with that rating. 

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 3:12pm
Have a look at how many Lindsay Park have bought - a stack from o'seas
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:44pm
Will win the Australian Cup in 2016

Heard it here first
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:45pm
Apparently he was purchased by Hayes on recommendation from one fine lass F. Cumani

Dave just said he would go to the Coogie? Handicap

Don't know what that is.
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:46pm
Well found.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm
Congrats Clap I knew I'd seen his name here, even did a search in case of another thread as mentioned above but using my new found skill of discipline, had closed shop when in front. Said to my OH I'm going for Velox" as there hadn't been a big roughie all day (I didn't think??), he switched chanels in time to see him blast away Ouch
Hayes actually said Francesca recommended him to her & missed the rest as we went back to Two & A Half Men Unhappy 
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 9:56pm
Liked the run of the Williams horse , seemed quite unlucky to me , but a great run by the winner by the same token .
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 12:00am
Well done, swanks. Hope you got on for plenty at those big odds.
Sunline...simply supreme
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 12:21am
I bloody wish sunline tipped firehouse rock. Really didn't think he'd do that today. Place at best. Had the trifecta only for a small amount. But really good run and definitely one to follow
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 3:07pm
Only just noticed Velox was $15.  Good price for a horse that was leniently handicapped.

How did you do with Firehouse Rock today?
vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 7:31pm
Anyone know where this horse is?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 7:41pm
Velox?  Probably still with Hayes/Dabernig and hopefully not far away from a resumption.  But in truth really don't know where he's at.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 7:44pm
Was just wondering why he wasn't in any spring noms (Caulfield or MV)
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:05pm
http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=Mzk1MDI1NDA%3d&trainername=David+%26+B+Hayes+%26+T+Dabernig

He's not among this lot of stable returns.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:28pm
Gay3, I clicked that link and he is there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Looked like he was really going places back in 2015/16.

Not sure what kept him off the scene for so long, but his 4 runs this campaign have been very plain.

Looks like owners won’t go anywhere near recouping the $750,000 they paid for him as a tried horse in the UK.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm
Good to see this horse win another race
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:16pm
Good to see Velox get back in the winners circle, albeit in a pretty weak race today at Mornington. Certainly won’t reach the levels he promised a few years ago, but a wins a win.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:16pm
Currently for sale at Inglis great Southern Sale Lot 951
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Sold $12,000
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:41pm
Heading off to Charlie Cassar at Kyneton
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:02pm
Two runs for Charlie, last of 11 at Geelong and today was last of 6 in the Mt Wycheproof Cup. Not looking good to recoup outlay.

Only 6 months ago he beat Brimham Rocks!!   
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:06pm
Needs racing. A lot of racing. I saw him at Geelong, has a lot of improvement in him
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 4:19pm
Last after being tailed off most of the way in the Dunkeld Cup today.
 Post Reply Post Reply