Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vault 7 Pt 1 "Year Zero": Inside CIA's global ha
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Vault 7 Pt 1 "Year Zero": Inside CIA's global ha

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vault 7 Pt 1 "Year Zero": Inside CIA's global ha
    Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:49am
Only 8,700 odd files on how the CIA can hack your electric toothbrush.

Confirms what most logical people assumed - if the Russians were responsible for the hacking, the last to be suspected would be the Russians ... unless the Russians, wanted us to think that, but then what if they knew that we knew, and they really wanted us to think that they knew that we knew that they knew ...

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Mar 2017 at 11:56am
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:51am
That topic title should read

Vault 7 Part 1 "Year Zero": Inside the CIA's global hacking force.
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 2:56am

WikiLeaks publishes 'entire hacking capacity of the CIA'

WikiLeaks has published what it claims is the largest ever batch of confidential documents on the CIA, revealing the breadth of the agency’s ability to hack smartphones and popular social media messaging apps such as WhatsApp.

A total of 8,761 documents have been published as part of ‘Year Zero’, the first part in a series of leaks on the agency that the whistleblower organization has dubbed ‘Vault 7.’

In a statement WikiLeaks said ‘Year Zero’ revealed details of the CIA’s “global covert hacking program,” including “weaponized exploits” used against company products including “Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Microsoft's Windows and even Samsung TVs, which are turned into covert microphones.”

According to the cache of documents released, the CIA's Mobile Devices Branch (MDB) has developed multiple tools and systems to hack popular smart phones and remotely order them to send both location data as well as audio and text communications.

The phones’ cameras and microphones can also be remotely activated at will.

Such tools and techniques allow the CIA to hack social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Wiebo, Confide and Cloackman before encryption can be applied, WikiLeaks claims in the statement on their website.

The time period covered in the latest leak is 2013 to 2016, according to the CIA timestamps on the documents themselves.

https://www.rt.com/news/379724-wikileaks-assange-cia-hacking/

WARNING: Needless to say, the CIA knows that you are sitting on the lounge in your underwear reading this ...Stern Smile

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:59am
Don't forget under the Five Eyes arrangements we are doing the same thing here in collaboration with them. Every time Brandis or Keenan or Turnbull says something about metadata or surveiling terrorists and Labor agree with them more of your privacy rights disappear. 

The way that Russia is cutting a swathe through Western countries security systems, and China builds their massive cyber warfare machine, is this necessary just to try to keep up with them?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:01am
Such tools and techniques allow the CIA to hack social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Wiebo, Confide and Cloackman before encryption can be applied, WikiLeaks claims in the statement on their website.

That's wrong. Neither the CIA or anyone else can hack end-to-end encryption tools like Signal or Telegram. Not even Signal or Telegram can hack Signal or Telegram.

They can, however, bypass encryption by taking control of the phone.

“The CIA/WikiLeaks story today is about getting malware onto phones, none of the exploits are in Signal or break Signal Protocol encryption,” said Open Whisper Systems in a response on Twitter. “The story isn’t about Signal or WhatsApp, but to the extent that it is, we see it as confirmation that what we’re doing is working.”

The only people who may need to worry are those who might be the target of a total-device takeover, an exploit largely limited to nation-state actors. At that point, you’ve got far bigger concerns than end-to-end encrypted chat. That Signal and WhatsApp are still viable also doesn’t lessen the broader implications of the CIA’s secrets being in the wild.

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/wikileaks-cia-hack-signal-encrypted-chat-apps/

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:51am
I have a samsung smart tv.

now every conversation i have in front of the tv will include "f**k you brandis" .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Don't forget under the Five Eyes arrangements we are doing the same thing here in collaboration with them. Every time Brandis or Keenan or Turnbull says something about metadata or surveiling terrorists and Labor agree with them more of your privacy rights disappear. 

The way that Russia is cutting a swathe through Western countries security systems, and China builds their massive cyber warfare machine, is this necessary just to try to keep up with them?

"privacy rights"LOLLOLLOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:16am
... and btw, it wasn't the Russians.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

That topic title should read

Vault 7 Part 1 "Year Zero": Inside the CIA's global hacking force.

I've abbreviated as much as possible but titles only take so many characters Smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm
Cheers Gay!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic