Follow us on twitter
Vinery Stud

Join Sportingbet
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by filling out the web form on our Home Page. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Value of Broodmare?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadiek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Value of Broodmare?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 1:38pm
Hello :)
I'm new to the forum, but just wondering if anyone can give me an idea on the value of my TB as a broodmare.
Her name is Bianlira, she's a Bianconi mare out of Zero Currency.
I've got her up for sale currently, advertised at $3500 ONO, but wondering if I've perhaps put too high a value on her? Pretty keen to sell her ASAP!

Sponsored Links
No betting account? JOIN NOW for a $100 Free Bet ñ 200% Deposit Bonus!

MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:49pm
While her 3rd dam has plenty of black-type, it is mostly American so it wouldn't really appeal as much to smaller breeders in Australia looking to access bloodlines from eras past of a prominent family here.

The performaces of horses produced in the first two dams of the pedigree, would most likely make it a hard sell to anyone looking to buy commercially.  Broodmares at that level are going for very little these days at public auction, so I'm not sure if you'd even get half of what you're asking through those avenues.

If you think she will make a very good pleasure/show horse it may be best to go down that path in trying to get her sold, as you should make more money from that then for her as a racing broodmare prospect, however as I don't know what that type of horse sells for these days, I may be wrong on that front.
Lomond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lomond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:02pm
American family yes but distinguished by Dehere (his 3rd dam Bill and I is the mare's 4th dam).  I didn't realise this, I'm suprised actually, but the 2011 Stallions book is void of the blood of Dehere.  Amazing as he has been a force in Aust.  Forensics and Rebel Raider are two G1 winners that come to mind.  Quite a good broodmare sire.  I suppose that's why he has struggled with stallions so far.
study the charts
Jadiek View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadiek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:49am
Oh I feared that may be the case! Thanks so much for your reply.
I have also been advertising her as a show horse, and your answer explains why all the interest so far has been from this avenue.
At least now I know where I should be focusing my energy to get the best chances of a sale!!
:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic