Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ultimate Angel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VEEEIGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Angel
    Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 7:04am
Thoughts on this pedigree, if any !! I have been offered this mare as the Vendors need to move her on.
I understand that Gods Own has been considered a failure as a sire!
Easily smashed
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Toad Hall View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toad Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 3:25pm
I'm just new in the village but my matchups for this mare would be duplications of Star Way through sons/grandsons of EDL. Manhattan Rain could be considered as he also inbreeds to Shantha's Choice. A cheapy in Tasmania that I like for this mare is Needs Furher which brings in EDL and Danehill. Others I like are Delago Deluxe ,Instinction and Benfica.If you win Tattslotto you could also consider Zoustar.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 4:54pm
He dad produced one stakes winner by Domesday so that would be the first port of call if I owned this mare.  She is from the Manto female line (that of Trenton, Strawberry Road, Nightmarch, Tie the Knot, Balmerino etc) which has given us so many champion stayers.  One sire who also decends from Manto is Written Tycoon who might also be interesting for you.

Or you could look for sires with Balmerino or Strawberry Road.  One which also gives you the cross to Star Way (which I honestly don't know whether this cross has worked) 5f x 5m and has Balmerino back in his pedigree is the young Northern Meteor son Fighting Sun.  With Ivory's Irish and Sir Tristram there also he should be able to get a speedy stayer.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 4:54pm
Her dam not dad honestly I should proof read!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 5:11pm

I also got the wrong Balmerino the one I was thinking of was back in 1925.  

But I might point out that you find Trenton through most lines today.  Star Kingdom, Sir Tristram, Star Way, Northern Dancer, Hail to Reason, Forli (in Northern Meteor), Sovereign Path, Trictrac, Mahmoud, Balmerino (the modern one), Battle Waggon all appear in Fighting Sun.

Written Tycoon is also packed with Gainsborough blood with that little bit of Trenton.

VEEEIGHT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VEEEIGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:12pm
Thanks furious I was also thinking Domesday
Easily smashed
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:18pm
Domesday would be my choice too, even if he's been a bit quiet of late.
And welcome Toad Hall, a couple of interesting line-breeding suggestions.  Thumbs Up
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 11:38am
Interesting to see Plucky Belle win for the Manto family on Saturday also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic