Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TV racing personality awards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV racing personality awards
    Posted: 01 May 2007 at 4:04pm
thinking it might be a good idea to run a thoroughbred village racing personlities awards, we could have all the winners plus a different comp for the losers like the logies and the fuglies. First we need to pick some categories
ie best training effort on an individual horse (gold edition?)
worst training effort on individual horse(grey swallow?)
best ride of the year
worst ride of the year
most articulate trainer
the least articulate trainer
 any other ideas for categories, once we get them sorted we can then ask for nominations
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 5:26pm
great idea.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 5:40pm
the least articulate jockey. Luke Dillon. hahaha.
Worst article on TB Village. kornjulio2.......
best ride of the year D.Oliver when 2nd in melb cup
worst ride. the winning jockey.

chef_d View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chef_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:09pm

nice idea i'm in to it

chef_d View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chef_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:09pm
whats a catchy nick name for it aka fuglies

the donkies?
regal_roller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:52pm
Best training performance has to be Joe Janiack with TT
Worst training performance is Dale Sutton with the Swallow
Best Ride is Nakita Berryman on day in the slops at Melbourne when she cut the corner and out-smarted everyone
Worst ride of the year can be Lisa Cropp in the4 Cox Plate on Finno
Best media trainer is Pete Moody
Worst media trainer is Tony Vasil
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:57pm
Best training performance isn't one horse it's 2. Melbourne Cup quinella by one international trainer. Katsuhiko Sumii Thumbs%20Up
malty View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 5:39am
lets try and get some categories going then we can ask for some nominees
regal_roller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:02am

Some categories apart from the afore mentioned

Best media tipster
Morst media tipster
punter's pal
money muncher of the year
Occy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:28am
I suggest calling them "The Neddies"
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:16am
Great idea guys! Let me know how I can help. Big%20smile

Edited by Mayor - 02 May 2007 at 8:16am
Mayor
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 12:50pm
Best/ Worst Jockey
Best/ Worst Training performance
Best Press Story
Best Thread on TBV

Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:26pm
Best thread is easy Insider.. the one i started on ###########.. It ended up closing down this site for 4 days!!!Star  lol

Not funny Slim Ouch Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 03 May 2007 at 8:41pm
Who says i'm dumb?
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:55pm
Steve Arnold's ride on Gallic in both the Adelaide and Sydney cups were absolutely perfect. Best rider in the land.
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Hound Dog View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:30pm
NOEL CALLOW = THE MONEY MAN

Wait for his glorious return to home soil... he is something special!!
Round 1 - C Judd v B Cousins = BONER TIME.... They know we're coming!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:46pm
Equal best jockeys, Beadman/Oliver and Prebble o/s.
Worst jockey, Jim Cassidy is someone i cant catch, however he is by no means the worst, lets be fair, if they lose on a horse we are on it is always their fault, he just never seems to win for me(no doubt that will start a blue!!)
Best training performance, Freedman with Universal Queen, had no form and flogged Catechuchu, who then went on to beat the best!
Worst training performance is a tie between Dale Sutton for his pathetic preperation of Activation in his 2 runs so far and Dale Sutton for his shambolic preperation of Grey Swallow in the Cox plate, actually if we had a top 50 worst training performances he would hog the limelight there.

Best Story, Reading the English press drouling over Takeover Target, love that, or anything Richard Zacariah writes, honest and to the point.

Best thread, the stallions ones usually keep me entertained the most, the Dracs Back debate rolled on too long but was fun for a while, still, no one backed him!

Bring on the spring again, we have some great horses to look forward to this year, could be a vintage season.
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 11:32pm
A thousand pardons Mr Mayor but i didn't realise it was still such a tender issue!Tongue
Who says i'm dumb?
Spruiker View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spruiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 12:50am
I have the good oil on some of these:

best training effort on an individual horse - DALE SUTTON FOR TANGERINE SLACKS'  stunning back to back victories at Camperdown non tab meeting

worst training effort on an individual horse - ERIC MUSGROVE FOR KARASI - why wasn't he in the Cup?

most astute value purchase - GAI WATERHOUSE cunning acquisition of the Sadler's Wells / Sunday Joy yearling colt at Magic Millions

best ride of the year - CLAIRE LINDOP FOR VICTORY CHANT - rated him to a tea 

stipes award special commendation - DES GLEESON - courageous and correct decision to award Churchill Downs Stutt Stakes for 'intimidation'.... Great stuff Des 

most astute racecaller - ALAN "SNAKE EYES" THOMAS...."PHOTO...I CAN'T PICK IT"...

you did not hear this from me Wink

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:14am
Renter are you on holidays????

Surely you have some views on this
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic