Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tuesday Racing Blog October 23 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuesday Racing Blog October 23 2018
    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:58am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 8:42am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:12pm
Just saw on Racenet, that Luca Cumani has announced his retirement at he end of the year.

He has said that neither Matt or Francesca will be taking over, and that he would be placing his Bedford House stables on the market from early next year.

He is retiring from training to concentrate on managing Fittocks Stud, whose business has increased.

Since branching out on his own after spending time under Sir Henry Cecil, Luca Cumani has become one of the top level trainers in England, and his exploits in the Melbourne Cup has gained him respect from the Australian punters.

Good luck Luca and best wishes for the future!    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:10pm
Was anyone on Catch Me Later?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:15pm
Yep me Softly. Allen must either be an imbecile or on drugs. How can you get it that wrong ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:16pm
Should get 12mths or pay every poor bastard back their stake.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:19pm
I've seen a few cases of similar - never that bad though. He took off after about 400m in a 2500m race - & thought it was the finish of the race. Anyone who wants a laugh should watch it - unbelievable. 
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
I feel for you there oneonesit, another way to get rolled by the little ones.
There would be a lot of merit in declaring these horses non starters.
The last one I can recall was at Moonee Valley.
Pure incompetence really
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:26pm
it was in the market as well - $4.40. I'm absolutely gobsmacked - you must be thinking on another level to get it that wrong. Certainly would not want to be riding next to him 
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
Wonder what the owners and trainer where thinking. I bet they were a little red in the face poor buggers.
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
Can a fav win a f**king race today or is it all a kissign rort? 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:06pm
We all make mistakes. Give the young man a break, he will learn from this.
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:17pm
Yep. Bad time to be betting on anything. kiss the lot of them
 Post Reply Post Reply