Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Trinity Bannon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trinity Bannon
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 1:47am
This little girl is on absolute fire, I know nothing about her, could anyone give me any info on her.

VaDStar
R.I.P Whobegotyou my little mate
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

thecannylad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecannylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 2:24am
vadim your no good, a wally in fact , you get excited out of nowhere just becasue a girl; rides a winner on a horse you backed..pfft
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 2:33am
Trinity is the daughter of Mick Bannon, an ex jockey who trained for quite some years down in Gippsland.  Mick was present and as proud a man as you'd find when Trinity won her first race.

She's an outstanding young lady by all accounts, and has been able to overcome a traumatic experience as a young lady (one which should remain private imo) and the trials and tribulations of moving so far away from home to get where she is today.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 2:46am
Originally posted by thecannylad thecannylad wrote:

vadim your no good, a wally in fact , you get excited out of nowhere just becasue a girl; rides a winner on a horse you backed..pfft

Says the guy who backed 8 losers because they all started with the letter L

I don't think I'll hold your opinion to highly LOL

VaDStar
VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Trinity is the daughter of Mick Bannon, an ex jockey who trained for quite some years down in Gippsland.  Mick was present and as proud a man as you'd find when Trinity won her first race.

She's an outstanding young lady by all accounts, and has been able to overcome a traumatic experience as a young lady (one which should remain private imo) and the trials and tribulations of moving so far away from home to get where she is today.

Thanks RFF she' is in Sizzling form.

VaD
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 4:31am
Originally posted by VaDiM VaDiM wrote:

Originally posted by thecannylad thecannylad wrote:

Says the guy who backed 8 losers because they all started with the letter L

I don't think I'll hold your opinion to highly LOL

VaDStar
Touche
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:28pm
Trinity has a brother, former apprentice jockey Solomon Bannon, who rode a winner for me in the early 1990's.  He was a lovely young man who started using drugs, went to Queensland where his drug use intensified and became psychotic.  He returned to Victoria and shot and killed his mother in front of Trinity during a paranoid episode.  He received one of the lightest penalties ever handed down in Victoria for a person convicted of murder. I was present at his trial and witnessed the police record of interview about two hours after the murder. Solomon was totally deranged during the course of the interview.  I teach law, and this record of interview would make interesting viewing on the harm that drugs do.  It changed my view on marijuana use.  Excessive use does cause schizoid/paranoid behaviour in those susceptible to it.

Trinity and her father no doubt are still recovering from the tragedy.

Drugs destroyed a family. 

Trinity and her father are putting this trgedy behind them, as best they can.
Ralph Dingly View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Dingly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:31pm
Adolphus, most people in the industry know the story and l agree with RFF who said earlier in this thread it's one which should remain private.

How is Trinity supposed to get over what happened if every time she achieves something in her career, people refer to her as the girl with the psycho brother who shotgunned their mother in front of her?

With what Trinity has gone through, she at least deserves to be remembered for what she's able to accomplish and not for what others did to her family. 
the bushman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the bushman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:37pm
good one ralph, now we know it was a shotgun used, what next !
Fair Embrace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fair Embrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:48pm
Really nice kid, lives in  Mackay, is dating Darryl Johnstone, the ex jockey turned trainer.
Gets a lot of opportunities on a lot of very good horses. However in a tight finish my money would be on any one of the boys riding against her. In saying that I still like the girl.
VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:12am
Thanks for the info guys, let me just say I had no idea that any of that stuff had happened to her earlier in her life, my heart goes out to the kid. Hope she achieves everything she wants in her career!

VaDStar
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:27am
I lalmost entirely agree with Ralph and I did try to be sensitive and objective with my comments but the facts are the facts and I know she is strong enough to deal with her families' tragedy.
Ralph Dingly View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Dingly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:57am
I agree that you did handle it sensitively and were factual, but i just cringed when once again Trinity can't be mentioned without that other episode in her life coming to the surface.

That's all. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:55pm
I understand what you mean ralph
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic