Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

track bias randwick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:51pm
Respected judge Tony Brassel summation for yesterday...off fence best.
You only have to look at Hay List last start at Warwick Farm were he stayed on the rail which was slower yet still won, his effort yesterday further emphasised how much slower the rail was that day for instance.
Sly if you think there is no track bias you are a fool.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Slyofdahorsyworld View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:24pm
ceasar, are you a punter, a jockey or a trainer ?
Cheats have no place in the horsy world.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:28pm
which of the 3 Slyofdahorsyworld would know more about bias since you ask ?
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:30pm
Sly , you have no hope here mate.
If you have ever walked on tracks you will know for sure and certain there are often variances in surface wear and tear and moisture levels.
That is just a given.
Tracks by their very natural construction vary due to a vast number of factors.
A big factor also with 'track bias' is often the headwind factor .
Headwinds down the back that create a slower tempo often set up races for leaders to kick.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:39pm
ok, you people keep using "track bias" as the reason you lost. It's fine by me.

btw, tell me the name of the horse you backed and I'll tell you why it lost ... let's get specific.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:41pm
so Slyofdahorsyworld you cant answer which of the 3 would know more about bias that you mentioned punter owner trainer ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:46pm
which would know more about track bias ??? What do you mean by that ??? They would all know the same. That it is a convenient excuse for losing.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:01pm
i cant see how a owner would know more nore a trainer then a punter who does it day in day out

the trainer is to busy training feeding looking after his horse and owner is just part time

a full time analyst would be watching and doing comments on for each and every runner in  race trying to work out how hard they went did they stop start during race giving backmarkers little hope did they run along  runs form etc etc

i cant see how a trainer or owner that spends 5 % of his time if that doing what a analyst spends daily everyday and watching replays of horses and patterns bias form  etc etc and would know more about bias then a full time analyst
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Slyofdahorsyworld Slyofdahorsyworld wrote:

which would know more about track bias ??? What do you mean by that ??? They would all know the same. That it is a convenient excuse for losing.

If you have a foot race against someone of similar ability to you, and he wears spikes while you wear gumboots, is your certain defeat excused because of a footwear bias?

Anything that disadvantages one over another is a bias, it's just a matter of degree
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:32pm
so you can't tell me your loser ? so i can't tell you why it really lost. your choice. just keeping using that convenient excuse called "track bias" as the reason. of course your horse lost because of no other reason than "track bias" beat it..... right ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:44pm

browndog .... how stupid is your reasoning ? "if you have a foot race ....."

Tell me how the hell did Cedarberg win the BMW when the rail was off ??

Also tell me how much extra ground a horse covers when forced by a clueless jockey to come wide around a corner ?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:58pm
Rosehill 2/4/11 – Track Dead. Rail Out 4m.

I don’t think there was any bias at all on the final day of the carnival – most jockeys seemed to think otherwise – yet those same jockeys came home empty-handed.

Cedarberg and Damien Oliver picked-up a Group One BMW courtesy of a rails-hugging ride.

Mirjulisa Lass sneaked through along the fence and had overtaken all more favoured rivals before going right on with the job in the Vinery.

Elite Falls was the only runner to make any ground on Sepoy when a last to third effort in the Slipper – she never left the fence.

An out of form Beijing Boy took all the short-cuts in the Queen’s Cup and almost knocked over more fancied stablemate Syreon.

And thank goodness for Nash and gate one. He hugged the rails, sprinted to the front before rival jockeys realized they had presented him with the winning passage.

We’re talking about Swift Alliance – Racenet Raceday’s Best Bet of the day in the final event.

Off to Randwick now – anywhere near as fair as Rosehill will be fine with me.

---------

Cedarberg did not win yesterday, it won on a totally different track, Rosehill last week,  which according to Paul Joyce(with evidence) played fair. How can you compare the two?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:06pm
Then why did all those genius jockeys go wide at Rosehill?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:09pm
sly i can find many but  would have to go into detail and i think we would end up where we are just now not agreeing so better we just agree to disagree imo 
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
Because the two previous weeks there was better running wide. Some assumed that being on the track for the third week in a row, it would be more likely better wide again, but on a drying track with less traffic along the rails the two previous weeks, the rail was firmer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:15pm
browndog ..... Hobart R5 # 8 WHOFORGOT DERBOOTS
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:18pm
See what I mean, if he had plates on he would have won LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic