Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog April 29 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog April 29 2017
    Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:03am
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:56am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Good luck to those having a punt.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 10:26am
This is me today:

Caulfield

R2 Hursley $6/$2.2 - last chance for this horse today. If he doesn't do the job he gets life.

R5 Doubt I'm Dreaming $2.2 *BEST BET* - deductions will knock the price into evens but it's still good. He will monster these and firmly establish himself as the most exciting rising 3yo around. Looks the Guineas winner to me even at this early stage. Times on debut we're just freakish for a 2yo on debut. Only gets better with more racing and over further.

Hawkesbury

R6 Artistry $4.6 - one of my favourite mares. She gets on a dry track for the first time this prep and will grow a leg in doing so. Full of heart and won't let us down.

R7 Spright - not on yet but will be. Like Artistry, getting into a dry track here is the key to this one. While I'm not as convinced about her over 1400m, I think she can do it and has a class (and speed!) edge over these. She just needs the breaks to come from barrier 2 as she will be in the second half.

Eagle Farm

R4 Saint Patrick's Day $61/$9.5 & Capital Gain $10 - a couple of rough plays here for some interest. Saint Patrick's Day won well last start and Capital Gain was a very good when trapped out the back off a dawdle, hitting the line strong.

R6 Music Magnate $3 - I've been backing this horse since he got beat by Gold Seventy Seven on debut at Newcastle! Should win today provided he isn't troubled by the track. He has the edge on this field.

Morphettville

R4 Entrancing $3.4 *SPECIAL* - as I wrote in her thread, I highly rate this mare. Has grown a leg with Stokes and is back bigger and better judging by her barrier trial win. Finds a hot race with a hot speed here, and should sit just on the back of that speed before blowing past them. Can keep winning this prep like she did last.

Good luck and good punting.
Sunline...simply supreme
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:37am
average racing today but good luck all

ThatGuy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:38am
Hawkesbury: predicting higher draws and run-on horses.

R3 - #6 Loves A Hassle @ $7
R6 - #8 Daysee Doom @ $4.60
R7 - #5 Calanda - FU was a lot better than it looked. Spright a good chance but happy to oppose with the #1 gate.

Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
Good Luck to my champ mare Sebrina today in the Godolphin Crown. First up over unsuitable distance on the first dry track in ages (ugh) against some quality sprinters, but good to see her back & hopefully see her get some luck and run on from a sticky gate.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:01pm
Saving money and liver for the Bool. Off to the footy to hopefully see my Swans get off the mark for 2017 and beat Carlton. Had 1 bet for day on Spright. Good luck all.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
Did the Hawkesbury Cup used to have loads more prizemoney? I've got $500,000 in my head. That can't be right.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:43pm
Caulfield 

Race 3 ~ Mr Sneaky Think hes the best horse in this race will be giving the leader a start but can power home over the top soft track no issue looks a very good prospect 2.5 /1

Race 9 ~ Curragh Expecting him to go very close another galloper who willl not be hammered by the soft Caulfield conditions like the way hes genuine and gives when asked the question he bulletproof have had a good crack at this horse today 4/1

Hawkesbury 

Race 7 ~ Spright She's just all class possesses a great turn of foot especially on dry ground ...she gets that here although never won at 1400m she has smacked the ass of some very good horses over 1200m .... this race is nothing special gets gate 2 all she needs is a good ride and at 5/1 I had a decent crack 

Morphettville

Race 8 ~ Netherfield Has very good staying pedigree this horse and from what I've seen so far hes very talented ...still a bit raw and jumping to the 2000m for the first time ....... on a mission towards the SA Derby drawn gate 1 should get a lovely run 8/1

Eagle Farm 

Race 5 ~ Desert Cowboy Tipped this horse at his first start ..... was caught wide on a good speed I actually thought he would weaken and drop right out ..... but he kept coming got pushed wide on the turn and liked the way he dug in and found the line and got up at 11/1... hes going around at the same price today and drawn wide ...but I'm on Eachway 

Goodluck Gents !!! 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:55pm
Good luck everyone.

I'm starting off with the one bet.

Hawkesbury R1
Win or Place
6. Great Glen @ 4.40

I'll assess the rest of the day after that. But, I did take doubles and a 3 horse multi with Great Glen - Serena Bay - Old North. So if GG wins I might just sit and watch for any market moves.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:15pm
G'day punters. I'll be plying my trade at Caulfield today. Hope I don't stop too many of yours.

Here's one for AA in the first -

#8 White Lady

In boca del lupo!
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
oops that should be -

In bocca al lupo!
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:18pm
Hastings

4/9 Our Bandit
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by horseshoe horseshoe wrote:

Hastings

4/9 Our Bandit
   3rd $2.00
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm
A group of us are on Katsuro Caulfield R6 @ $34 & $7.30

Has been smashed!!!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + unnamed Lope De Vega x Sonette filly
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm
Holy crap I don't need close finishes like that too often. The nerves are shot, I'll take half an hour to settle back down.LOL
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:02pm
Well done mate. I followed you in, camp was confident.
Sunline...simply supreme
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:02pm
Kerrin never lets you down Scamanda!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:10pm
Gee I reckon Mick Price would be perfect for a role like this. Has trained Blue Diamond and Derby winners, is super professional, communicates well on screen, is straight as they come.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:11pm
Good one Sunline. Yes subastral Kerrin is the man. He might have a big day.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:12pm
When's the minimum bet regulation going to come through for Queensland?
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

When's the minimum bet regulation going to come through for Queensland?

July 1st isn't it?
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
ARDTOWIN View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARDTOWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:41pm
 My Bestie..MLB R4/4
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Gee I reckon Mick Price would be perfect for a role like this. Has trained Blue Diamond and Derby winners, is super professional, communicates well on screen, is straight as they come.

Wrong thread?
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:42pm
One punch knockout for me today R5 you know who... should get ~1.80 after deductions

Will be Guineas fav after today is my tip.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:45pm
Goathland looks a good EW bet in the next.

Caulfield R2
Win or Place
2. Goathland @ 8.50/2.90
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:51pm
Katelyn Mallyon the perfect ride there on Odean. Clap
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 3:01pm
Surely that is your SA DERBY winner good win against a handy field of older horses.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 3:05pm
Dame Largo all the go ararat.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 3:08pm
10s into 3.60 and never a chance. Someone did their ass.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic