Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winx
    Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 10:52pm
Smart filly returning for the Waller yard R3 tomorrow and direct stable word for her 2nd ever start "improved and looking for this trip, wary of Gerald's but we think ours is Group class..." she duly came out and won by 1.5L although that field seemed a bit light on class.

Thrown in the deep end tomorrow against a top quality filly ion Earthquake but have a sneaky bet on her to beat the good un' as have seen how keen they have been to avoid wet tracks with Earthquake. Also farmed around for prices for the Thousand Guineas which is the immediate Spring goal and if she runs well tomorrow the 31's- 26's wont be around.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 10:56pm
There is another 3YO filly in Wallers yard that they rate just as well. Missed kick at first start & that was it. Interesting to see how she shapes up. Will also race in the next few weeks
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 4:02pm
Well done! Just remembered about this post after it won
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

Smart filly returning for the Waller yard R3 tomorrow and direct stable word for her 2nd ever start "improved and looking for this trip, wary of Gerald's but we think ours is Group class..." she duly came out and won by 1.5L although that field seemed a bit light on class.

Thrown in the deep end tomorrow against a top quality filly ion Earthquake but have a sneaky bet on her to beat the good un' as have seen how keen they have been to avoid wet tracks with Earthquake. Also farmed around for prices for the Thousand Guineas which is the immediate Spring goal and if she runs well tomorrow the 31's- 26's wont be around.

Now 7's for Thou G.

She is a good filly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:06pm
Wow that could not have turned out better, gee she is still pretty new so she will be better for the race experience.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 11:42pm
good luck with your early odds for the thousand guineas..
+ well done today, G1.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:49pm
Is the Thousand Guineas her spring goal G1? I noticed TAB had her listed as doubtful yesterday, that has been changed today.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

Is the Thousand Guineas her spring goal G1? I noticed TAB had her listed as doubtful yesterday, that has been changed today.

I'm assuming they'll go to the Flight. Guelph did it last year but it's very rare a horse wins the Guineas after contesting the Flight. In addition to this, the Thousand Guineas is only a week after the Flight this year (as opposed to 11 days previously). Another example of poor programming. Will Waller want to swap states on a seven day back-up for a young, lightly raced horse?

Unless I had mail that she was targeting the Guineas I'd be leaving her well alone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 1:55pm
Original and only goal was thousand Guineas, however the Waller camp was pretty impressed with 1st up win the Caulf Guineas has been thought of as the perception is the Melb colts are weak. At this stage 1000 Guineas is the target still.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 2:32pm
Very nice filly to state the bleeding obvious.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 2:34pm
This is from 2 days ago:

Waller believes Winx will be even better suited once she gets to 1600m for the Flight Stakes and he will run the filly next in the Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes (1400m) at Rosehill Gardens in two weeks.

The Furious Stakes is usually a reliable guide to the Flight Stakes.

In the last two decades, seven fillies have completed the double - Danarani (1994), Dashing Eagle (1996), Sunline (1998), Danglissa (1999), Unwordly (2000), Samantha Miss (2008) and Streama (2011.

“She’ll run in two weeks time over 1400m and then on to the [Group 1] Flight Stakes. At this stage it’s the Grand Final but it’s one run at a time,’’ Prior said.

“She had a brief freshen-up coming into this one and ultimately a mile will be her best trip judging on her first prep. On the back of this things can only look up at her next two runs and from there it will be up to the boss.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:03pm

Like I said they belief is now that the 3yo form  in Melbourne is the weaker formline and the filly will improve with racing, expect a Guelph prep if all stays on track. I can only go on what I have over time I have established as a reliable source of information.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:12pm
Tattsbet have her listed as doubtful for the Thousand Guineas and have her at $17. Should I snap some up G1?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:43pm
$17 gone now. Sorry
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:09am
I think it's her day today. I like Supara and the form around her is good, but Winx has virtually the same form and will be better suited today in terms of track conditions and the way she maps into the straight.
Sunline...simply supreme
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:13am
I have sacked her. Not going as well as she should be. 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:20am
Yeh sacked. Seems to be lacking something this prep......like a lot of the stable....but am sure that's pure coincidence.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:26am
She did not develop over her summer break and as a result is now a very small filly. I would say it would have more to not being able give spelling horses steroids rather then Colbalt or other drugs. Probably why Black Caviar looked like gelati and raced poorly before she went to the UK as the practise is not legal there like it is in Australia.

But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour...
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:29am
She has not come on since her early days. end of story.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:38am

She did not develop over her summer break and as a result is now a very small filly. I would say it would have more to not being able give spelling horses steroids rather then Colbalt or other drugs. Probably why Black Caviar looked like gelati and raced poorly before she went to the UK as the practise is not legal there like it is in Australia.

Wont be a rumour for much longer, but hey, you keep on believing in your twice caught already friend....
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:52am

The other funny part of this, is you try and claim here you are above rumour and innuendo.......and justify your point by trotting out more rumour and innuendo......cant have it both ways mate....
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:58am
Was ridden negatively in both starts, one because of a slow getaway iirc. Was either a junk ride or junk instructions last run but with Waller you know they can improve sharply.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Was ridden negatively in both starts, one because of a slow getaway iirc. Was either a junk ride or junk instructions last run but with Waller you know they can improve sharply.

Good call & glad to see her back. Just cannot catch this girl. Backer her 4 times & never first past the post.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I think it's her day today. I like Supara and the form around her is good, but Winx has virtually the same form and will be better suited today in terms of track conditions and the way she maps into the straight.

Never in doubt!
Sunline...simply supreme
Docker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Docker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 11:50pm
She looked back to her best today well and truly cant help thinking on that win she would have been a light weight chance in the Doncaster.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 11:58pm
Not sure about this one. The Melbourne 3yos aren't much chop but they smashed Hauraki. Looks a weak race.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 4:17am
Agree with that - the only one I want to follow out of the race is the winner - even if she hasn't come on, her form around Fist Seal last preparation stands her in good stead for races like this.

I was on Diamond Valores, and he had every chance. Hauraki was solid enough, and Supara was 3rd up for Gai, so that's it for her preparation. 

The rest of them are average and really the 3rd tier of the boys, which might be generous! I have already stated elsewhere that Hampton Court will never win another race, and the signs for that are looking good!Thumbs Up

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:44pm
I thought it was her day in the Phar Lap and I think it's her day again tomorrow.

It's a really competitive Oaks but no one else brings Hauraki form into this race. That form is exceptional for the Oaks

She has the right mix of speed, class and stamina, and will eat up the give in the ground and the roomy Randwick track.

She was given a sore back last start. All it did was allow people to get on at nearly each way odds. Had she been given a better ride she'd have gone close to winning and starts $3 favourite in the Oaks.
Sunline...simply supreme
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:48pm
She's a chance but is too one dimensional to be confident about, a little like LV last year. I'll take the proven 2400m horse at double the odds which can race anywhere in the field.
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

It's a really competitive Oaks but no one else brings Hauraki form into this race. That form is exceptional for the Oaks
Which are better- the 3yo males or the fillies?
@value_punter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>