Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Problem gamblers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem gamblers
    Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 6:57am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL

can see where Quez keeps his winnings...Embarrassed

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Crash Crash wrote:

Originally posted by Quezacotl Quezacotl wrote:

Some thongs will always remain solid criteria, but thee are also many new that need to be accounted for and....there would be many that need to be dumped after time also...

You still wearing them Quez LOL LOL LOL

Most unattractive Ouch

Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:25pm

Some thongs will always remain solid criteria, but thee are also many new that need to be accounted for and....there would be many that need to be dumped after time also...

You still wearing them Quez LOL LOL LOL
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 4:48pm

Congratulations on resisting the temptation to post in your usual girly bold text.

little digs like this will not get you banned, but it also will not get me to bite either Big smileWink

allan
norisk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 1:44pm
Thanks Allan, I had issues with some corps a couple years ago & swore off them, maybe will give one you mention a go.
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 1:30pm
Congratulations on resisting the temptation to post in your usual girly bold text.

SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I would never use GTX,couldn't afford it anyway Stern Smile,but I find bigal's explanation of his modus operandi to be a fascinating read,keep it coming.

Afford....???
Fascinating..???

Enter your own parameters into your own data base and it's done...thats all any analyst does, why would anyone have to buy an expensive program when you have a million freeware data base's out there on line is anyone's guess...

I bet new and tweaked parameters need ro be entered into regularly if you are to stay on top, there is NO such thing as a set and forget winning system....what is so fascinating...? The data ?

i run 7 systems, and i have not changed them since april 2005!!!!! they ARE set and forget!!!!

i had one system that was "too simple" in it's rules, tried to tweak it, but chucked the system out!!

allan
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by norisk norisk wrote:

bigal, serious question if you please - which corp(s) do you win with that have not limited or banned you?

no?

mkay...

sorry no risk, i did not see your initial post.

now....the only one that does not have some sort of restriction on me is Unibet, but i have only been betting there again in the last month or so.
 centrebet is quite good but sometimes they will not take a full bet from me.

sportingbet now allow me to bet with them without restriction, although i have not tested the water in a big way as i have only placed $250 bets with them and all have been accepted.

allan
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"unusual again.... 2 bets tonight and just one bet all weekend!!."

How many races were considered to get the 3 betting races, Big Al?

all races every day are considered a betting proposition!!...

so yes just 3 bets in 3 days for my big bets...then a 4th on the tuesday. 3 of them won. so i would rather be backing 4 horses and back winners than back 50 horses and still only get 3 winners!!. (unless they were 50-1 winners)

allan
norisk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 10:23am

bigal, serious question if you please - which corp(s) do you win with that have not limited or banned you?

no?

mkay...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 10:18am
  fascinating reading, especially Big Al's contribution....just highlights the different way some of us view racing and punting...

I couldn't just use a computer system...spoils the fun and too restrictive...

I'll back a horse of any age...as you all know....

on Monday on Can of Worms they broached the subject of advertising betting sites...

even as a long-time punter I think it's wrong...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:42am

I would never use GTX,couldn't afford it anyway Stern Smile,but I find bigal's explanation of his modus operandi to be a fascinating read,keep it coming.

Afford....???
Fascinating..???

Enter your own parameters into your own data base and it's done...thats all any analyst does, why would anyone have to buy an expensive program when you have a million freeware data base's out there on line is anyone's guess...

I bet new and tweaked parameters need ro be entered into regularly if you are to stay on top, there is NO such thing as a set and forget winning system....what is so fascinating...? The data ?

That's fine,he has proved himself to be a successful punter,you are the opposite,so I think I will continue listening to what he says
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:25am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:20am
exactly Max Manewer..    We live in the world of fast pace and short cuts .  My  early days of expensive video [ came later ]  Index cards and pay a lady to update and prepare the fields cards when the Sporsman came off the press at Surrey Hills . 2 hr round train trip to get it .    lol , how the world has changed .
     Don't watch the races ,   get to a position where they pull up .     Make notes of how they "blew" up .
 Fitness guide for the future .       Clock the sectionals from the $60 video replay for 2 meetings .
     You young uns" have got an easy world . lol
 One thing I can assure you of .   Todays variables and the WFA scale have stood the test of time .
I'm practicing safe texts,
I'm using commas.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:10am

Afford....???
Fascinating..???

That depends on how much time you want to spend entering data into the free data base engine. If it going to involve a lot a time, that would rule that option out for most people, and there are of lot of race meeting results and parameters.
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:52am

Afford....???
Fascinating..???

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:49am
"unusual again.... 2 bets tonight and just one bet all weekend!!."

How many races were considered to get the 3 betting races, Big Al?
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:45am
I am actually running a spreadsheet at the moment on every Saturday metro winner with details on every aspect of the of the horse (including age, # of starts, winning % ect), its previous runs, position in running, weight ect. I don't have any great plan what I will do with the info just want to see it it throws out some common variables.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:40am
Thank you James .      Nice of you .
   Many people need the foundations and from there they make their own way.    No one is trying to claim they know everything.   I am still learning after a lifetime of trying.     I may add , this Forum is a great University if it is allowed to function properly.
I'm using commas.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:29am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Macca, happy to have a discussion with people, just choose not to have discussions with those that type in extra large capitals, and different colours etc. I don't need anyone shouting at me as to how good they are. I especially don't think I can learn anything from a guy that admits he does no form, watches no replays, and all he does is use a computer system that he paid for. Sorry, but that isn't for me.

Thats another subject and i understand .     To each our own and I don't think Al has ever claimed originality about anything .     
 Just he is together , prepared to try and help etc .
   lol   Actually I have never interested myself in breeding , couldnt care what their by or out of .
  Others use breeding in their choices  , big time .
   We are all different ...     This age thing isn't new . I think it was James I made mentioned  it to awhile back .    Plenty of variables .      I like to see them discussed.
 Yes along with some other extremely helpful advice. Cheers Macca.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:26am

Well put whale and with the main variables being disclosed you wouldn't need a GTX.
   Like you ,  I love to read productive input .      I appreciate the people kind enough to be helping .
 Also like you .... Keep it coming      Big smile
I'm using commas.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 8:01am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:33am

What percentage of MC winners in the last 20 years have been 4yos?
       The penny doesn't drop aye ...     What has the M>C got to do with an average overall on racing .
  FYI ..    4 and 5 year olds win most CUPS ...        6+7 a few ...   older 0.
 What Al  does in working out his Systems is no different to what the rest of us do .  each week .
 He has been smart enough to record it to computer and saves weekly repeats of form study.
       Where Al deserves credit is =    He has been kind enough to try and help others and paid the price in the past .      Give credit.
      Maybe the Village will improve big time from now on regarding trolling , abuse and the like . All are on notice and consequences deeper than most would think . We have all been told .
     We may see the day when people willing to help others can do it without the dog pack backlash.
I'm using commas.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:29am

exactly my point....it is rare for me to have a bet in the melbourne cup as i mainly back 2 to 4 year olds across the board.

i can certainly tell you how many have won in the last 20 years ethereal, might and power, saintly and subzero, efficient and shocking.

allan
norisk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:28am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:19am
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:02am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Macca, happy to have a discussion with people, just choose not to have discussions with those that type in extra large capitals, and different colours etc. I don't need anyone shouting at me as to how good they are. I especially don't think I can learn anything from a guy that admits he does no form, watches no replays, and all he does is use a computer system that he paid for. Sorry, but that isn't for me.

Subby,

i don't know if you know about GTX from the ratings bureau. but basically with GTX you get a blank canvass as far as systems go. you have to work on it to get any winning edge. i actually spent about 2,500 hours working on systems to get to where i am now. so now i simply sit back, run the systems in the morning and back them. the extremely hard work to get my winners was done in 2004!!!!. i have been backing my GTX selections since april 2005. but i "work" on systems still virtually every day i have a look. 
i have seen about 20 others try GTX and 18 of them have gone no-where and have given up, now that is a pretty bad attrition rate.

sorry if my capitals and my colours also upset you, i will try to limit same.

allan
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:31am
Originally posted by HUSSLER HUSSLER wrote:

Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

[QUOTE=bigal]<div style="text-align: left;">hi,<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">lets try again.....<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">are you saying that you ONLY back 7 year olds???? in group races????..... or UP TO 7 year olds??<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">allan

No up to 7yr olds, my records show that horses older then 7 win less than 10% of races in Metro. You probably run off the same sort of thing as 4-5yr olds would win a fair percentage. I also take into account winning% as winners keep winning and no matter how good they look running flashy 3rds and 4ths losers keep losing.

What % of horses in metro races are older than 7 [/QUOTE

Of course there is fewer hussler, but that stat is runners to winner's not just winners overall
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

Originally posted by bigal bigal wrote:

<div style="text-align: left;">hi,<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">lets try again.....<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">are you saying that you ONLY back 7 year olds???? in group races????..... or UP TO 7 year olds??<div style="text-align: left;">
<div style="text-align: left;">allan

No up to 7yr olds, my records show that horses older then 7 win less than 10% of races in Metro. You probably run off the same sort of thing as 4-5yr olds would win a fair percentage. I also take into account winning% as winners keep winning and no matter how good they look running flashy 3rds and 4ths losers keep losing.

What % of horses in metro races are older than 7
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 12:11am
I back 10 year olds if i think they are the horse to beat

I back horses who are trying to win a double for example even if it has not been done in 800 years or coming from some a lead up race which has never produced a winner for a particular race. 

Rules of racing are KISS keep it simple stupid! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic