Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Horse racing apps for iPhones?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse racing apps for iPhones?
    Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:24pm
Does anyone use any horse racing apps for the iPhone? Know any good ones? News services? Betting calculators? Anything?
Mayor
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:26pm
AUS Racing - Has live streaming video for 2 selected race meetings per day.
iBetMate - Betfair interface, is very good.
TAB - Pretty self explanatory, I personally prefer tab.mobi but the App has a few more features people might use.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:54pm

Thanks Manny, the AUS Racing app looks good... the live streaming vision is amazing! Who is behind it?

I just watched Nash boot the long odds on pop Pureness home at Randwick on my phone, I'm impressed! Just indulge me, maybe you all do it already. (Pureness is the half brother to Sebring)

Edited by Mayor - 18 Aug 2010 at 6:00pm
Mayor
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:08pm
I have just purchased an Android phone so hoping we see a few more apps in that space soon.  Its rapidly overtaking iPhone over seas but still not a lot of Aus apps available.  its only a matter of time I guess.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:22pm
AUS Racing is American, isn't it?  If it's the same as the australianracing.com website.  Shows the two Australian meetings per day they're betting on over there, and they bet into their own pools.
MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:46pm
Pretty sure you are correct Campaspe. I find it pretty much useless except for the live video which if you have good enough reception is fantastic! Crystal clear and it's always going so you can watch them in the mounting yard and behind the barriers etc...
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:45pm
Racing NSW have launched their new iPhone app. I downloaded it the other day but found it required the new iPhone 4.1 software. So... a few hours later (downloading the latest iTunes, backing up the phone, and updating iPhone software and firmware) I was able to download the new app. I recommend all iPhone users to get it. It has the same "horse activity" database that's on the Racing NSW site. Worth the effort and may be handy for people at the track. 

Many members have asked when Thoroughbred Village will release an iPhone app. Well, it's a fantastic idea but unfortunately, our software colleagues have no plans at this stage to build an iPhone app for the forums. However, you can access the forums on your phones using the Safari web browser (or any web browser) and can also take an RSS feed from the forums which gives you the last 10 posts. I'll try to write an instruction sheet for doing those things.

Anyway, grab the Racing NSW app, it's worth it. Wink

Mayor
wilsd004 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilsd004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 12:00pm
I have AusRacing and it is good.

One App althought no directly linked to racing that I find useful is Tunein Radio it is a radio on your iPhone and picks up radio streams over the net. I use it to listen to the races when I am away from the TV and radio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic