Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Guillotine - Cox plate winner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guillotine - Cox plate winner
    Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:26am
With Pompeii out Guillo is home.

He will get shafted out of the Caulfield Cup on 50 and he will pay up for the Cox.

Hayes has been talking it up Tongue
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:32am
Guillo gets in on the Feehan now? ok Wacko
shadow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:33am
he's in the field for the Caulfield Cup already i think, as he is exempt because he won the Dato Tan.....i think

and he's not nominated for the Cox plae....

i thought about backing him for the Cox plate 2 weeks back, but noticed he wasn't there....
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:55am
If Guiilotine wins the Cox it should be downgraded to a Group 3.  Confused
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:10am
lol He could win both now Tongue

I should have read this before I posted.

NORTHERLY View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NORTHERLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

If Guiilotine wins the Cox it should be downgraded to a Group 3.  Confused

why's that?? coz you don't like the horse..people say this sh*t every year..always comparing the fields to that of earlier years...So if Weekend Hussler or Princess Coup win the Cox, there gr1 beasts, but if guillotine wins, it should be downgraded to a gr3 and you still wont respect him..??

2008 Cox Plate= Life
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:26am
weakest cox plate field ever.
Princess Coup will just swoop around then at the 500 metre mark, and say goodbye on the hometurn. whooooosh.

Sir Spence View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Spence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 7:55am
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

Princess Coup will just swoop around then at the 500 metre mark, and say goodbye on the hometurn. whooooosh.

The year FOO won was very weak and the year after when El Segundo won was even weaker pssibly the weakest I have seen because FOO at 9 beat him the year earlier. Also why is it the last time a top international horse showed up for the race as a specific target was Grandera in 2002? (Grey Swallow doesn't count as a 'top international horse' imo) It's a bit of a slap in the face for the mvrc imo.
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

prob not ever but very weak. i noticed obrian was happy zipping was not nominated for the CC, i think he could of one it but lloyd knows he can win a cox with him because of the quality,

if they run him correctly to win it
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 8:49am

Dammit. It's turning into the Oz Cup all over again. If Sirmione doesn't step up Princess C will win Unhappy

Nathan000 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 8:57am
It'll be good if Hussler can win the CC and start. Then you have some unknown battles. The best filly in the land, best horse in the land and best horse in NZ all battling it out. Then add in Sirmione if he at his best, Alamosa who after some gear changes has got it right in OZ, hopefully Maldivian at his best, maybe another 3yo colt like Von Costa De Hero who was storming home over the mile and its a very interesting race.

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 9:00am
Bring FOO back, he would be a huge chance.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 9:01am
Seriously, the rate they are falling over, The 3 yo filly could start favourite.
whobegotme View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whobegotme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 11:46am
since 2002 every year has been weak

goose kav has the best horse but wont run
tooth View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 6:20pm
go the princess and no oliver to slaughter her
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 6:37pm
too right Tooth!
Gallant Tom View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallant Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 4:38am
Most of the Cox Plates since I started seriously following racing about 10 years ago have ended up looking "weak", but in the end proving that only very good horses win it.  I'll stick with the hussler. Maybe Sam Miss if she's a true freak, but I doubt it.
wicked View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 5:07am
princess for the plate.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 5:11am
I can only go for the horse really trying to win the race.

I have to be on the Sirmione bandwagon.

Skipping the Turnbull was a big tip I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic