Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TOP rubbish bin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOP rubbish bin
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:27pm
This is simply marvellous

We have many crows in this area.

They come to eat/drink any cat food/milk left

They come to eat rolled oats I throw each day for the doves/magpies and willy-wagtails

then

We had a good sized chunk of chocolate cake.. threw it out and
the crows devoured it

today

it was a chicken carcase..gone within an hour

and

a new visitor

AN IBIS..took to the chicken and oats
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:37pm
The crowd were always pinching my pops eggs from the nest, so he used to set up old egg shells filled with rat bait.
Got rid of them for good
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

The crows were always pinching my pops eggs from the nest, so he used to set up old egg shells filled with rat bait.
Got rid of them for good
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm
I have misgivings about this bird feeding caper, RED. They become dependent on it. Along a walking path I use occasionally, I would always see a number of top-knot pigeons ( bronzewing ? ) milling around, in one particular spot, all the time. Puzzling, till I noticed a woman cleaning out her canary cages, on her lawn, near the pathway. The birds swooped immediately to clean up the seed that had spilled in the cages. The lazy buggers just camped there, waiting for an easy feed.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:55pm
Like lobbyists? 
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:05pm
I have 3 neighbouring cats visit me nearly every day..they love canned tuna in springwater

The oats cost me about 5 bucks a week

and the TUNA about 10... I buy the bigger 2 dollar cans
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:07pm
NO VET BILLS...I love cats

I hate crows but my wife explained with her BUDDHIST teaching

It's not their fault because of what they are..are you listening TONY?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:26pm
I have a relative that feeds all the neighbourhood birds and cats etc, like you, RED, but when they go away on holiday, as they do regularly, it must be hard times for them all !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:43pm
Yes....lucky that the cats are owned by others

and yes...the birds do have to move on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:50pm
There is a pecking order here...the doves must know their place and boy ...they like to put on a show.

F ing just outside the kitchen window regularly .."hey look at us" (over in less than 2 seconds,before next go)

tell you something that happens in spring/summer

HORNETS catch and paralyse huntsman spiders...they work hard to drag them back to a nest....where I believe the young of the HORNET will eat the paralysed spider from inside/out.

What a cruel? death
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

NO VET BILLS...I love cats

I hate crows but my wife explained with her BUDDHIST teaching

It's not their fault because of what they are..are you listening TONY?

Abbott ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:28pm
yep
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 12:38am
Business was terrible and not picking up. I had to fire somebody, and I narrowed it down to one of two people, Debra or Jack.

It was an impossible decision because they were both super workers.
Rather than flip a coin, I decided I would fire the first one who used the water cooler the next morning.
Debra came in the next morning with a horrible hangover after partying all night. She went to the cooler to take an aspirin.
I approached her and said, "Debra, I’ve never done this before but I have to either lay you or Jack off.”
"Could you jack off for now?" she says. "I feel like gelati. If you can wait, I'll do you at lunchtime."

I had to let Jack go.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:28am
Wise decision. Not sure if JoH would agree, though.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:47am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Wise decision. Not sure if JoH would agree, though.

JoH wouldn't mind . She's one of my favourites.

Always willing to help as you know .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic