Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tony McEvoy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tony McEvoy
    Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:59am
Ex Foreman to David Hayes starts his new training venture today....Probably kick off with a winner @ Balaklava in R1=# 11 Protector
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Ormond Ormond wrote:

Ex Foreman to David Hayes starts his new training venture today....Probably kick off with a winner @ Balaklava in R1=# 11 Protector

3rd: Maybe Race 2-H2
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:14pm

3rd: Maybe Race 2-H2

Clap  Clap  Clap  First of many Winners Tony

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:41pm
Bought part of Lindsay Park I beleive , Must have some good backers
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:46pm
Deserves it imo...Good Trainer,Showed young David a few things Wink
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 6:38pm
Tara Man =Tony McEvoy
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 8:23am

Jimando win puts McEvoy on map

TONY McEvoy scored his most significant win as a trainer in his own right when impressive first-starter Jimando won yesterday's 1000m Debutants Stakes at Caulfield.

McEvoy, who has been training under his own banner for little more than 12 months after a long career with the Lindsay Park stable, said Jimando's black-type success was timely.

"That's a very important win for my business to win races like this," McEvoy said.

McEvoy, who trained Fields Of Omagh to a Cox Plate win in 2003 in his stint as head trainer at Lindsay Park, has 18 two-year-olds this season at his Angaston base.

"My only other two-year-old to run so far (Little Critter) ran second in Adelaide on Saturday," he said.

"I had no real guide on my two-year-olds, but now I'll bring over a Sequalo colt to run at Moonee Valley on Saturday week and I'll have some carnival runners in some of the 0-89 races."

"I'd like to see him with a set of blinkers," he said.

Jockey Nash Rawiller said Jimando ($21 to $13), who scored by three lengths from heavily backed Princeton Miss ($3.10 fav) had a bright future.

"He was a different horse when the gates opened. He's got good natural ability and hit the line well. He's a pretty promising horse."

Jimando's win in the Listed Race was not something McEvoy had in mind when he paid $50,000 for the Commands colt at the Magic Millions yearling sales.

"I never intended to run him as a two-year-old. But he just kept impressing me," he said.

"He trialled well in Adelaide but this is the best he's gone. He's a race-day horse, so that's a good sign."

McEvoy trained 45 winners last season and has won 15 races so far this season.

Xolento View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xolento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 5:02pm
one of racings gentlemen
http://aust-breds.com.au/

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:46pm
gave a big slap to Neilson! Bossy could be on some more of his horses.

Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:48pm
Very good trainer this bloke.... will end up in Melbourne
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:50pm
why will he end up here? I think he has a pretty good set up in Lindsay Park. He never stops talking about the place so can't see him moving. He used to bring a few over for hit run missions at odds now almost every one of his runners starts fav.
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:53pm
I mean he will have stalls in Melbourne Prince, for the simple fact a lot of his horses will be too good for SA racing....
Parky View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by princerubiton princerubiton wrote:

gave a big slap to Neilson! Bossy could be on some more of his horses.

Yeah.. he's still smarting from the Ballarat Cup.. so am I!!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm

McEvoy shuts Sydney stable

• 4:34pm
  • |Racing.com staff - @racing
  • Trainer Tony McEvoy is closing his Sydney stable, opting to focus on his Victorian and South Australian operations.

Three years after purchasing Bylong Park at Hawkesbury and taking his racing footprint to New South Wales, McEvoy decided to close the property, which was re-named Kildalton Park to match his Angaston set-up.

The property had capacity to stable 48 horses.

McEvoy said his recent addition of boxes in Melbourne had been a factor in shutting his satellite stable in NSW.

"It has been a difficult decision but to ensure the best results for my owners, I have decided to close the Hawkesbury stables and relinquish the boxes at Randwick," McEvoy said in a statement.

"With the granting of boxes at Flemington last year, despite the quality of my staff, I have found myself really stretched to properly oversee the complete operation and this time has also been difficult for my family.

"I would like to thank everybody for their support during our time in New South Wales and I look forward to continuing the relationship with my clients as I concentrate my efforts on my Melbourne and Adelaide stables."

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:20am
I reckon he will do well where ever he trains from.
IMHO he is underrated.

animals before people.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:30am
Great news for SA racing, which needs big trainers like Tony supporting the meetings.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:31am
Out of interest, did he build or but these stables at Hawkesbury? Seems there must be a lot of money gone to waste in opening and closing interstate stables.
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Out of interest, did he build or but these stables at Hawkesbury? Seems there must be a lot of money gone to waste in opening and closing interstate stables.

His main owner is worth squillions.
Would be his property and he wont miss out.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:57am
What a bloody shame he didn't come to this decision when Mark Newnham was looking for stables at Randwick! He had to go to WFarm, surely Macca new his time was up, Mark should be relocated immediately.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

What a bloody shame he didn't come to this decision when Mark Newnham was looking for stables at Randwick! He had to go to WFarm, surely Macca new his time was up, Mark should be relocated immediately.
You're kidding!! He's a first time trainer why does he deserve Randwick stables when it's supposed to be for group 1 winning trainers only? Robl only got in because Segenhoe spent a fortune fixing up some derelict boxes and Segenhoe are a major sponsor. Sucking up to Gai for years shouldn't automatically give him best boxes in Auatralia
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:15pm
It's also a shame you think like that Linghi, Mark was at Flemington with Bart back in 88/9 he' rode for me, he rode for anyone in need, he's a top fella who's done more than his dues his horsemanship is top class and his relationship with Gai isn't a problem for me. I judge him on his professionalism and the fact he was foreman for so long! Robl might be as worthy, I don't know him, but I do know Mark and he's going to be a bloody good trainer.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:22pm
Maybe he will - maybe he won't. He can cut his teeth somewhere more appropriate. He may have been a better person before being poisoned at Gai's. It's a place for very particular people.
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:35pm
To each their own Linghi
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
I savaged this guy with his management of Apline Eagle.

He seems to have another promising middle distance type in Silvera.

Silvera is a 3/4 brother to Shoot Out. How do the Huddy's choose their trainers ?

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm
I don't know but they seem to spread them out. Have some with Waller, Maher (ex. Moody horses), Weir just off the top of my head.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:48pm
Hand your license in Tone
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:17pm
5 from 5 today for the stable at Balaklava
All 5 ridden by the ladies too!
3 for Kah and 2 for Crowther
"Go Hard or Go Home”
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:49pm
5 from 5. Doesn't getter better than that.

I'm sure Tony and Rick Connolly will be going hard at it tonight
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Last 10 runners at Balaklava are all winners
"Go Hard or Go Home”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:28pm
Is that his level ? 
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>