Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tom Waterhouse. Is he serious???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

It is all strange.     I would have thought this venture would be below his standards in the game.   Tipping the obvious to a few desperates.
    One must admit he has started with a rush ,   I know of 11 winners he's tipped in 2 weeks, with some to $8.   
   Masters of Marketing and as suggested, his base would be growing very fast.
Robbie backed the punters show and sold his tips for a week before he was told it wasn't allowed given his bookmakers license.
I'm not surprised Tom is doing this.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Atreus View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:42pm
Tom is just being realistic.  In the last few years there have been large increases in the charges on fixed odds betting.  Before V'Landys came along the fee for fixed odds betting was 1% for years and years.  Then he comes along and increases the fee several times over.  Now the Point of Consumption Tax is coming in and will send taxes and charges on fixed odds betting to all time highs

With so much money being ripped out of the game by race clubs and government it will be much harder to show a profit as a punter or a bookie.  So I can understand why you would get out of the game and just become a tips seller
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Hope you weren't on the ones sent out today Macca.

NO mate . My own 4 showed some profit ... I believe he had 3 seconds 2 unp.    So he is Human after all .    His special beaten in a photo.

I don't Subscribe to his tips , but the news travels quickly. Appears he favours Lightly raced 3 & 4 Y/O's with high win/place percentages.
That is a method older than me .
All about money management really , the selection can come out of a hat.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:03pm
Cant believe people actually pay these blokes for tips ????   
I can loose my money just as well by myself thanks. 
animals before people.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:08pm
Yes 3 very close seconds, and a couple of down the tracks. I got the 'free' email this morning, and had a look at them, didn't bet, just noted what was sent.

Agree... Money management THE most important, and probably least understood, aspect of betting. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Yes 3 very close seconds, and a couple of down the tracks. I got the 'free' email this morning, and had a look at them, didn't bet, just noted what was sent.

Agree... Money management THE most important, and probably least understood, aspect of betting. 

We can understand why our famous Kerry Packer Broke/Retired quite a few of the Rails Bookmakers some years ago .
He was probably betting to about .000001 percent of his punting Bank and with gradual increase of stake through a bad trot he shattered them when the cycles went in his favour.
We Punters don't want to learn , We are in self destruct mode 24/7.
Over betting in relation to available Bank , Chasing losses , Having far too many bets , =   All add up to no hope.
I have no doubt Tom Waterhouse will show a profit,   and not on horses like his Mothers, ENGLISH ( which he didn't tip ).
It will be on these better performed younger gallopers ,early in their careers while they are meeting classes well below what they will reach.
He won't be tipping them when that point arrives.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:49am
Why would anyone get tips from a bookie? It's there job to TAKE your money
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I'm sure Tom wants to win for an ego boost if nothing else. 
This is probably the B+ set at worst until he establishes himself.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I'm sure Tom wants to win for an ego boost if nothing else. 
This is probably the B+ set at worst until he establishes himself.

Can you imagine the base he is building , for whatever he does in the future ..      That alone would sell for a fortune.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:32am
Why?

He built a big base, couldn't make money sold out to W Hill.

They had a bigger base and also couldn't make money, and sold out to crownbet.

A base is needed to generate revenue,but just having a base doesn't automatically generate revenue.
Then you need a model that generates more revenue than it costs.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:01pm
They spend big money to lure people into their web ( Bookmakers )

Tom's lists would have exploded with the success he had in his first few weeks .        . He will sell when the price is right.

SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:18pm
We paid Aspinall/Greaves racing for years and made some good money out of the sheets.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:06pm
Latest from Tom: 

Gold and Emerald members of TomWaterhouse.com are invited this Saturday to the Chairman’s Club at Royal Randwick - my shout.

I’ll be at HQ with my Platinum members betting up, so Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott are kindly hosting. 12 tickets available - first in first served

Can we get photos of who is with Tom on Saturday?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic