Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tivaci

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tivaci
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 7:51am
Have a look at the breeding of this bloke, not too bad.

Racenet News

Tivaci off to stud a Group I winner after the 2017 All Aged Stakes
Clinton Payne - 16 Apr 2017

Kiwi breeding operation Waikato Stud had a major windfall at Randwick on Saturday when their new stallion Tivaci landed an invaluable Group I victory in the All Aged Stakes (1400m).

Tivaci overhauls Le Romain to win the All Aged Stakes. Photo: Steve Hart
Last month Waikato Stud announced they had secured a "major interest" in the son of High Chaparral which would commence stud duties later this year.

"We've always got an eye out and the competition for stallions is fierce across Australasia," Waikato's Mark Chittick told nzracing.co.

"Before his latest Listed win we were very interested and the impressive times he ran which got us motivated to get moving on a deal."

Tivaci went into Saturday's weight-for-age contest as a dual Group III winner, twice placed at Group I level.

Following his last to first win trainer Mike Moroney said the victory would now result on a potential Queensland campaign being aborted.

"We'll have a meeting now as to whether we race on or whether he goes to stud now but I'd say that will be it," Moroney said.

"He's the fastest son of High Chaparral probably in the world, I would think. He's by a great sire and proving to be a sire of sires too so he's going to a great home."

Tivaci ($9) stormed down the centre of the Randwick straight to grab a "tired" Le Romain ($4) in the later stages to win by a neck. There was another 1-1/4 lengths back to Jungle Edge ($13) in third.

"He did a good job and defied the pattern, they haven't been making much ground all day and he is a quality colt, turning stallion," winning rider Damien Oliver said.

"He is an imposing type, deserved a Group I and all credit to Michael Moroney's team.

"I would also like to pay a little bit of respect to Patrick Maloney the stable rider down in Melbourne, he has done a lot of work with him and he is part of the reason why this horse had some success today."

The $3.70 favourite English weakened out of the finish in the latter stages, crossing the line in sixth.

"I thought she ran terrific," jockey Blake Shinn said.

"She travelled super, loomed to win but when I let her down she just floundered in the going. I think we can be forgiving."
hopeforall View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeforall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:19am
TIVACI  - 4YO BAY HORSE

HIGH CHAPARRAL(IRE)-Breccia(Fastnet Rock)

Stakes: 992K

Ist
All Aged Stakes G1
Sunshine Coast Guineas G3
CS Hayes Satkes G3
Kensington Stakes  L
Two Regional/Country Wins

2nd
Bobbie Lewis  G2 (Fatinaah)
UCI Stakes L (Ayers Rock)
One Regional race (Badiwayah)

3rd
Toorak HCP  G1 (He's our Rokki)
Cantala Stakes G1  (Le Romain)

4th
TJ Smith Stakes (Chataqua)

Not Surpising to see this guy head of to stud in NZ.  He does have nice breeding and I would think inject a bit of speed into the NZ racing stock where a lot of staying bloodlines seem to dominate?
Has a WFA G1 under his belt and respectable black type placings across some quality races.  Any idea of his price?
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:22am
I'll have a guess of 15.
hopeforall View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeforall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:25am
Would think that's a pretty reasonable level...maybe a touch more?
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm
20. Seems a little bit pricey, but at least it isn't ridiculous.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 12:38pm
Take out the All Aged Stks (nothing special ) and you have a horse with an unremarkable record . Abt $4400 for mine and I wouldn't bother anyhow.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 2:20pm
An esteemed English breeding operation has come knocking on Waikato Stud’s door and the Matamata nursery has been honoured to answer the call with a positive response.

News that the farm’s exciting new stallion Tivaci has been sought out for Northern Hemisphere shuttle duties at the iconic English National Stud is a feather in the cap of the New Zealand breeding industry.
 “It’s a great endorsement for Tivaci and demonstrates to breeders just how in demand these horses with Australian Group One success up to the mile are,” Waikato Stud principal Mark Chittick said.
Touted as the world's fastest son of High Chaparral, Tivaci registered six wins from 1000-1600 metres with feature success in the Group 1 All Aged Stakes at weight-for-age, the Group 3 VRC CS Hayes Stakes, the Group 3 Sunshine Coast Guineas and the Listed VRC Kensington Stakes.
“Waikato Stud identified Tivaci as a potential sire prospect as a three-year-old.
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
Getting a good return for your $20k so far.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 6:07pm
$12,500 this season.

I wonder how his northern hemisphere crop went?
 Post Reply Post Reply