Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tipping Service Fails To Deliver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Racing Carrot Racing Carrot wrote:

Just my opinion...but have seen these services come and go over the years I'm wary of them.  Often they simply act as a side income for a racing journo with a recognisable name but limited actual tipping ability.   Nobody in the racing media strikes me as the next Dom Beirne.

Harry T's advice was right in relation to this tipping website, but sadly, the details have been deleted from the post, so anyone new to the game can be taken in by these shysters.

Currently running at a 6 month loss of $573, placing $100 win bets on the Best Bets, and only costs you $33 per month.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
Why is Sharkie on Racing Review today? Turning into an boring odds show.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:46am
Sharkie is a complete tool...
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

Sharkie is a complete tool...

He is just boring.
here he is... craig View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here he is... craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:55pm
I hadn't seen him before todays epsiode of Racing Review.

He doesn't seem to offer much. Is his name really "Sharkie"?
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:00pm
This thread is hilarious. A thread full of haters under posting anonymous remarks about a young passionate racing dude. Tall Poppy syndrome much?

you can CHOOSE to pay for his tipping service, you don't have to.

Why don't you throw up some alternative names for racing review?

The silly thing is you will still watch it every week.

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:12pm
Well said PR.

Haters are rampant on TBV at present.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by princerubiton princerubiton wrote:

This thread is hilarious. A thread full of haters under posting anonymous remarks about a young passionate racing dude. Tall Poppy syndrome much?

you can CHOOSE to pay for his tipping service, you don't have to.

Why don't you throw up some alternative names for racing review?

The silly thing is you will still watch it every week.

I think you've been a victim of Tall Poppy Syndrome on TBV llately PR. Keep up the good work with your tips.
Greg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 2:35am
What happened to David Gately? Disappointed with the change. Gately is a very good form analyst and along with Mark Shean made a very insightful panel. What's sharkies background in Form analysis (apart from his tipping website) Isn't he just a Journo.
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 5:56am
So if you don't like someone because they have very limited racing knowledge, you now become a 'Hater' ?

Just because you watch countless episodes of 'How I Met Your Mother' and Suit Up, ans Smile, doesn't make you a racing expert.

What is wrong with David Gately, Mark Shean, Ralph Horowitz or even Rick Williams.

At least they give informed opinion.

I know you have him as a friend on Twitter PR, but that doesn't make me a hater, and it doesn't make you right, just because I express an honest opinion.

Read his website, articles like how he will cure all the ills of racing, says a lot about nothing. 
Rides on the backs of others.  Obviously a good mate of Richo's, but none of that makes him a Form Analyst or a Racing Expert.

As he will tell you, he only provides ratings, 4 horses per race.  He is not a tipster.

His website proves that, and if you just want to watch a 'Racing Review' program that doesn't actually review the races, just gives uninformed opinion, good luck to you.

You have more time to waste than I have.

.... Enjoy!

odameta View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odameta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:03am
It is an education to read all posts on this thread.
    Surprising the revelation Mods are in the employ of tipping services. The old pay and you play line of thinking.
    Edited if your not supporting the power of the almighty dollar.
I must say it creates a definate credability question.
    Self interest to crush the genuinely successful contriburors.
Editing is rampant as stated.
    Like most Forums , Lurking out there among the prey are more predators than we think , maybe?.
    Take care Prince Rubiton , Your head must be close to the block.
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:22am
Odameta,

The whole racing Media is now being controlled by the Corporates, and the TAB'S working with each other to provide as little information as possible, and minimise the returns to the punter.

The Racing Industry accept and support this model.

Obviously, there are a lot of forumites who also do as well.

POKIES in your living room concept.  It is not racing.

FYI, The only people I don't like on these shows is the 2 corporates and SHARKIE.

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:30am
Luva punt, I found the message in his article about the ills of racing spot on. The racing product needs to be more entertaining to attract people to the track. 30 min before racing etc will help in that regard...
You and Paz find him boring , what would you like him to do?
For mine we need energetic young people like Sharkie et al coming through to keep the sport vibrant. I disagree with you about his value to the sport. His tipping service has nothing to do with this.   
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
bs View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Luva Punt Luva Punt wrote:

Odameta,

The whole racing Media is now being controlled by the Corporates, and the TAB'S working with each other to provide as little information as possible, and minimise the returns to the punter.

The Racing Industry accept and support this model.

Obviously, there are a lot of forumites who also do as well.

POKIES in your living room concept.  It is not racing.

FYI, The only people I don't like on these shows is the 2 corporates and SHARKIE.

The reason why returns have been minimised to punters is because the TAB's are giving large punters rebates which means they bet with reduced risk.
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Tipping "services" = failed punters, $1.01 firm.

By the way,

Is this the same guy who set up thelastwordracing.com.au, charging $99 per year, (and obviously had a great form analyst working for him at the time), was low flying, knocking up tipping winners in his top 2, then got full of himself, and banged the price up to $1100 per year, then folded a month later due to stress ??

Obviously the form analyst pulled the pin on him LOLLOL

HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
Don't recall thelastword ever being a payed service
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:48pm
What's the one I'm thinking of then, that was $99 per year?
Focused on Melbourne Racing, sometimes free, during non-carnival times?

Obviously, if you are right, I owe Sharkie an apology.

..... Sorry Sharkie Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic