Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tiger Woods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger Woods
    Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:40am
Back to World #1.

I remember BROOKE saying once that he would never win again....LOL

He's had his problems but he's starting to get some rhythm going and his game is gathering momentum after a few years of being a pants man and heaps of little injuries. 

Should be competitive in the majors this year and it would be a brave person to say he won't win one.
Mr White View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:56pm
Tiger get's a new blonde and He's back at number 1
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:12pm
Incorrect. I said he would never win another major, and happy to stand by that.
Rory is the greatest golfer of all time. Its Rory that will go past both Nicklaus and Woods.
Woods is great. But Rory is a freak.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Mr White Mr White wrote:

Tiger get's a new blonde and He's back at number 1

Seems the world is as it should be. Beer
reductio ad absurdum
Corona View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

Rory is the greatest golfer of all time. Its Rory that will go past both Nicklaus and Woods.
Oh well that's the end of Rory's career.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Corona Corona wrote:

Oh well that's the end of Rory's career.
Tongue
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:20pm

LOL - McIlroy the greatest golfer of all time?  Based on what?

I'm pretty sure below was the post with the key phrase being "won't win anything".  Tiger has since won plenty of tournaments and I think Federer has also won a Wimbledon title.  

Iagree,Whale.
Fed,isGONE
So,is,TigerWoods
TigerWoods,wontwinanything.Spiritually,GONE,,,game,gone,ego,gone.

BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:29pm
Fed is gone. He is nothing what he once was. Might win here and there, but even Sampras could beat him now.

Nick Faldo says that Tiger Woods will never be the same golfer again. Happy to listen to a 6 time major champion, not someone on a horse site.

Rory is a freak. Tiger had daddy pushing him. Rory's swing is the same now, as it was when he was a toddler. Check it out on You Tube. Its barely changed.
Rory will have a few girl troubles here and there, but when he grits his teeth and gets it back together, the guy will keep winning majors by over 8 shots. Something he has already proven he can do.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:32pm

Fed is gone. He is nothing what he once was. Might win here and there, but even Sampras could beat him now.

Nick Faldo says that Tiger Woods will never be the same golfer again. Happy to listen to a 6 time major champion, not someone on a horse site.

Rory is a freak. Tiger had daddy pushing him. Rory's swing is the same now, as it was when he was a toddler. Check it out on You Tube. Its barely changed.
Rory will have a few girl troubles here and there, but when he grits his teeth and gets it back together, the guy will keep winning majors by over 8 shots. Something he has already proven he can do.

LOL
Fed has won a grand slam since you said he was gone and Tiger is back at #1 in the world after three wins in four starts this year after you said he would never win anything.

The rest of your post is just shifting the goal posts.  Who said anything about how he got there or if he would be the same?

I'm not saying Tiger will be as dominant as he was, but you said he would never win again and he's won 75% of his starts in 2013 and it's not even April.  You don't have clue.
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

LOL
Fed has won a grand slam since you said he was gone and Tiger is back at #1 in the world after three wins in four starts this year after you said he would never win anything.

The rest of your post is just shifting the goal posts.  Who said anything about how he got there or if he would be the same?

I'm not saying Tiger will be as dominant as he was, but you said he would never win again and he's won 75% of his starts in 2013 and it's not even April.  You don't have clue.

I hope that didn't take you this long to figure out. LOL

Don't even understand why she's posting. She said she'd leave if the $AU didn't retrace to 80c in 2012. That never happened, but here she is. So not only does she have no clue, her word means absolutely nothing as well. LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:41pm
Will she promise never to post agin if Tiger wins another major ?
On second thoughts it doesn't matter
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:42pm
I will never post again if I don't win the August Tipping Competition Smile
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:45pm
I was asked back to the forum. Encouraged. And I find it amusing that you point out the AU$. It was a male that predicted it. I simply quoted it. And even stated I was quoting the prediction of someone else.

I havent been wrong on property though. Its still going down. But everyone goes silent on that one. LOL
(of course the same people will deny the figures, the median index charts, and try to convince us property is booming and going up).
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:52pm
You want to be very selective in what you post Whale, some manage to resuscitate (googled sp., now it won't 'stand up' LOL) posts & quotes from eons ago Wink & knowing you to be a man of your word, you wouldn't want that Exclamation
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 2:06pm

I was asked back to the forum. Encouraged. And I find it amusing that you point out the AU$. It was a male that predicted it. I simply quoted it. And even stated I was quoting the prediction of someone else.

I havent been wrong on property though. Its still going down. But everyone goes silent on that one. LOL
(of course the same people will deny the figures, the median index charts, and try to convince us property is booming and going up).

"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22

Pretty straight forward I would have thought, not really a lot of wriggle room out of that one, no matter how hard you might try and how much you might lie. LOL

Not sure why the sex of the 'predictor' matters either.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 2:16pm

got me on-side with that post...

hate the "pussy-cat"... love Rory...

Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 2:20pm

lost me again with this post...anyone who takes note of "Fargo" (Byron Nelson quote) is listening to idiots...

as the Vicar of Dibley once said: "Faldo? Five-iron?.. which is smarter?...five-iron!..."

Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 3:27pm

Forget the golf predictions Brooke /Occy & stick with your strengths - how many times are 5, 8 & 11 going to come up in the next 160 trackside games ?

PS welcome back !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 12:44am
Watched a lot of The British Open and then the PGA this week - great tournament, with all of the big guns in the mix over the weekend - fantastic to see the Tiger back prowling the fairways again!!!Big smile

To be fair, he was mostly prowling the deep rough today ... missed every fairway the front nine, and somehow managed to shoot 64! Shocked ... incredible round, he's baaaaack! 

It took an absolute Beast to beat him too ... Brooks could achieve anything over the next 10 years, just awesome, controlled power.Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:08am
The soft conditions suited him. He was as erratic as Barnaby on the piss.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:35pm
Remakable return to form. I kept on seeing him on the news a couple of years back and he very closely resembled a duffer.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:49pm
reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 4:57pm
That's Brooks' girl, Jena Sims - looks like she's pulled the right reign!Big smile

Related image

Image result for jena sims images

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:20pm
It's amazing what a good photographer with the right lighting and filters and Photoshop can do.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:28pm
Wonder could that photographer make me look like that ??   Star  Who is Brook and Jena ?
Jena looks a bit star struck there ,  as she grins like a silly cow at Tiger.
Ripe for the ,,   errrrrr,,  picking,, , shall we say ??WinkBig smile

animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:00am
Gotta say Jenna looks a lot better in the photos than in real life. Bit mouthy for me - Mickey Mouse /Donald Duck almost . Now I make that assessment sitting on my couch , bottle of coke in one hand & a bag of Doritos in the other , making sure any droppage lands on my overweight stomach for consumption at a later date !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:06am
Now back to Tiger. Absolute freak. Probably the greatest athlete across any sport of his generation. Golf is such a widely played sport worldwide. To be able to totally dominate for as long as he did - have all that time off - & come back as he has is unbelievable. His scrambling the other day was beyond great.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Wonder could that photographer make me look like that ??   Star  Who is Brook and Jena ?
Jena looks a bit star struck there ,  as she grins like a silly cow at Tiger.
Ripe for the ,,   errrrrr,,  picking,, , shall we say ??WinkBig smile

Brooks Koepka  is the next big thing in golf - beat Tiger in the USPGA on the weekend, his 3rd major, having won back to back US Opens.

Jena is his latest squeeze, but she obviously has a soft spot for Eldrick too (who doesn't!)Wink

Image result for Brooks Koepka
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
Oh, interesting.  Thanks Dr E.  Look at the 2 pics of her in the orange dress and you would never pick her as the same girl in the touched up pics.    That first pic of her grinning at Tiger , well, if I was Brookes I would be keeping a close eye on her LOL
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Now back to Tiger. Absolute freak. Probably the greatest athlete across any sport of his generation. Golf is such a widely played sport worldwide. To be able to totally dominate for as long as he did - have all that time off - & come back as he has is unbelievable. His scrambling the other day was beyond great.

Makes you appreciate what Jack Nicklaus did ... 18 majors and he's still married to his first wife ... if Tiger was still with his first wife he may never have developed that almost career ending "shagger's back".Tongue

Interesting statistic.

US TV Ratings for the final round on Sunday, with Tiger on the charge and in contention, were 69% higher than for the final round last year ... he's still got it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>