Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Thursday Racing Blog October 12 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thursday Racing Blog October 12 2017
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:27am

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Oct 2017 at 8:02am
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:04am
We've had 25mm overnight & yet the rating's held up to a soft 6, it shows how dry we've been here Smile
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:37am
I like a couple today at Wyong:

R3 Siam $2.2 ***BEST BET*** - has some excellent formlines through Catchy, Viridine and Hualailai, and has trialled really well twice into this. Drawn well, races on speed, all of which means he's also a percentage play at Wyong. He's short but I'm no fan of Gai's horse in the race and it's priced as the main danger.

R4 Missybeel $6.5/$2.62 - looks an each way special and I can't understand the price. She was excellent on debut at this track, bouncing straight to the lead and fighting on really strong to go down narrowly to Persia, who has ability and was beaten only by a smart one at its next start (on paper it looks like a hammering, but she was really good behind a Saturday grade horse and beat the rest comfortably). Horses always benefit massively from their debut as they learn so much from it. If she has trained on, she's likely to be really tough to run down today. The fave, Iowa, is priced on...well I really don't know what she's priced on. Hype? Owner's profile? Trainer? It has had the perfect run in both starts and was weak in the last furlong. Granted that was midweek metro grade and she comes back to an appropriate grade here, but I'm no fan of backing a horse who has been twice weak on the line.
Sunline...simply supreme
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
Great tipping (what's new? Wink) Sunny Clap Clap Clap I went with the 2nd one for $7.50 enhanced Laddies Hug
howard moon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:30pm
Superb tipping, followed you in for the double. (Y)
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Cheers guys. Must admit I was pretty happy with that - $14.95 double. We made a lot of people a lot of money today!

I thought Siam was all class and Missybeel all guts.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:33pm
Nice double Sunline. Clap

Becoming standard these days.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:47pm
My advice to any confused punters last week or so ,
Follow Sunline & Scamanda      ( Reliable form students )

Do I get the prize this week ?     For being such a good tipster.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
Addit :-     I'm sure all members agree.      It is much appreciated and should help many toward a winner when others come forward with their thoughts.   ESPECIALLY the proven form students who are decent enough to inform , WHY their opinion has the credentials.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Addit :-     I'm sure all members agree.      It is much appreciated and should help many toward a winner when others come forward with their thoughts.   ESPECIALLY the proven form students who are decent enough to inform , WHY their opinion has the credentials.

Gotta agree there, both very very good judges, and do it consistently.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic