Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Thoughts - 2YO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts - 2YO
    Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:59am
This girl is a late 2YO & has been a late developer.  Balanced?

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:08pm
Is she sway backed ?

She has similar body to  - Obviously not as strong in the shoulder but that would develop as she matures wouldn't it ?

Embedded image permalink

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:32pm
Thanks
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:15pm
No, she's not sway backed, simply not pig fat from having been forced, unlike so many Thumbs Up Nothing wrong with her to my eye fwthat'sw Wink
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:57pm
Thanks Gay.  

This is her pre spell (2 months ago).  She was in her 2nd prep and had a trial but needed the break.

In the 2 months break, she has put on 60kgs.....Before shot below

JadeLace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:06pm
Sway back?? Why would anyone think this she look pretty norm to me for her age...nice filly.
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:58pm
Nice filly Whitt0 - looks better for the spell. 

Can you share her name with us?  
Lawyer
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:12am
Her name is Honey Macushla

She is by Authorized out of a Canny Lad mare. We are giving her all the time she needs. Her immaturity meant she couldn't keep condition on when in work. She has put on 60-70kgs in the last 2 months (spelling) and agree she looks better for it. Will prob stay out another 1 - 2 months.

Surprised in the trial she had as was very much under done.
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:18am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Thanks Gay.  

This is her pre spell (2 months ago).  She was in her 2nd prep and had a trial but needed the break.

In the 2 months break, she has put on 60kgs.....Before shot below

Nice type whitt0, kind head and covers ground. As I have touched on before in these confirmation threads I love the short cannon and low knee on her. Only knock I could possibly have is a big light in the front end and a little over or straight at the knee but without seeing them walk or even in the flesh it is hard to see from a still shot. I like the powerful behind though and looks like she is still growing into all aspects of her frame.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 8:25am
Thanks G1. Funny you mention the walk, that was one of the reasons we purchased her. She is a great walker. That and balance are key points for me. Agree about lightness. I hope that comes on with maturity.

As she is by Authorized, we picked her up for a song at the Scone sale. 8 months later, her half brother sold for $500k+.

She has a great action and look fwd to the day she has a full prep and is ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic