Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

These new Redoute's Sires not Gr1 quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pihanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: These new Redoute's Sires not Gr1 quality
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 2:30pm
It is a real shame for redoutes choice that he hasnt yet produced a sire son in the mould of Miss Finland, a genuine Gr1 Champion.

The best parallel for this flood of colonial stallions from a dominant line is with the predecessor champion sire of sires Sir Tristram.

Grosvenor led his charge, and was genuine Gr1 material, in the major 2yo photo finishes and a derby winner, who in turn left a few.

Sovereign Red, Marauding his only slipper winner, Kaapstad bought on the eve then scratched from his slipper to let Tasman Dancer run, and then it was a long wait until the master settled on Zabeel as his choice.

Redoute's recent batch of Fast n Famous and Nadeem just dont do it for me in the Gr1 stakes. The former still couldnt put a win on the board to top his Sunday Warwick Farm gr1 off track Galaxy 2nd even after scouting around to pounce on a soft one, as the best of this year came to the end of their preps. The latter pulled off a dodgy one in the mud that has been rated by AAP ratings formula at a ok 2yo 52.

Nadeem retires with a career best 58.5 for a 5th in a gr2 at morphetville, whereas Miss Finland on their scale regularly punctures 60kg.

Fast n Famous highlights the peril of too many apostrophes in a name and wont readily pull up on most databases.

Risa can find him with a mere $447,000 to his credit.

At NZ$ 15,000 he is only value compared to his own sires uneconomic fee and at A$33,000 for Nadeem you would need rocks in your head as there are now a flood better performed cheaper Redoutes around at that money.

His dam side with Candide is genuine transtasman gr1 quality but she brings sound reason, the nearly man of the last 30 years in NZ breeding, and Oncidium and Agricola. So maybe he's there to fulfil this new trend of Redoute's a sire of derby runners, who knows.

At least Fast N Famous brings Zalinda's Zabeel, a splash of Star Kingdom that will be appreciated in NZ, and yet more Northern Dancer and the sex balanced My Babu duplication is not to be sniffed at, albeit at the 5th remove.

Ah well, time will tell, and in the meantime there's another two off Redoute's stakes payroll for next season.

They'll be praying for a Cox plate/Melbourne Cup double with Miss Finland.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Give it a break View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Give it a break Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 5:40pm
I agree with your sentiments Pihanga but I do expect Fast N Famous to produce okay in NZ because of the Zabeel damsire and because of the mare opportunity he will get at Waikato Stud.

You only have to look at what the stud did for the hugely over-rated Pins. Standing now for $50k when he would be lucky to be realistically worth a 3rd of that.

I was disappointed to see Cambridge Stud 'buying' into a lower grade performer by this sire, as I was amazed that a big plonky non winning son of his, Coats Choice, got 130 mares in his first season at stud in the South Island.

Like you, I would sound caution over some of these sons.

GIVE IT A BREAK.
Pihanga View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pihanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:06pm
yep agree about comments on waikato and i'm not knocking them, they will have done the numbers and will be as disappointed as anyone they didnt get a chance to put the final bit of magic on

i'm a little surprised they didnt have a crack here, but of course that can back fire horribly if you get thrashed by the locals

and even if you win it means nothing to the bazzas

the thing about the pins horses is that a few mates of mine have sold a few at top dollar into asia, and you cant argue with money in the bank coming back for more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic