Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 8:54pm
Tell me how we (Australia) benefit from a Trump presidency?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 8:57pm
Do the math- how do you get a job back to America that has been lost to a low wages country? You either lower wages in America or build a protectionist wall. Am I missing some genius third way?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 8:57pm
Nope
MJM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I haven't anywhere said if we will or will not , all I have said is that you have no idea what is going to happen so stop lecturing people with the belief that your view is the right view ,
We are all welcome to an opinion but I will not tolerate being lectured because you don't like his beliefs , suck it up he was elected democratically and he will do his job .
Whether or not you like it is inconsequential.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:05pm
I am just repeating what he said again last night in his inauguration speech.

Should that not be believed? Who was he lying to? He sounded pretty emphatic to me.
MJM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:16pm

Should that not be believed? Who was he lying to? He sounded pretty emphatic to me.

Ok well let's agree to disagree rather than blue for no reason , you think he is no good , I think Hillary & Obama are frauds

I have no idea what he is going to do or not do for Australia but I have a feeling you may be surprised as to what will happen over the coming years , without being beholden corporate manipulation that the dems are .

Again just an opinion and not directed at you PT

There , easy peasy japanesee .
MJM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by MJM MJM wrote:

Ok well let's agree to disagree rather than blue for no reason , you think he is no good , I think Hillary & Obama are frauds

I have no idea what he is going to do or not do for Australia but I have a feeling you may be surprised as to what will happen over the coming years , without being beholden corporate manipulation that the dems are .

Again just an opinion and not directed at you PT

There , easy peasy japanesee .

Inb4 Goldman Sachs blah blah blah
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 11:54pm
I just think that it's amazing that this thread is 26 pages long - 25 of which is taken up by the SJW's telling us what Trump has done wrong as president and how he will bring about Armageddon - and he hasn't had the job for a day yet!LOL

From the TV coverage I've seen since the Inauguration of President Trump, what is interesting is - and let's not even consider the vindictive O'bummer and Clinton, or the "celebrity" losers - the parallels between the thumb sucking hand wringing punter in the street in the US, and our own precious leftards ... these SJW's who claim superiority to anyone with a moderately conservative view, who engage in their endless pilgrimage to defend the downtrodden victim class, who spend all of their waking moments allegedly protecting the minorities from any kind of imagined abuse and suffering, still have the time to arrange vigilante groups to go out and force their opinions and beliefs on the people who rejected them ... and they do it by way of confrontation, blind rage, and criminal verbal and physical conflict, aimed directly at anyone who actually supports the democratically elected ruling party ... they are the greatest bunch of cry baby dick heads I can recall seeing in action anywhere!Cry

... and they STILL don't get it!Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 7:18am

Um, we don't get a vote. It's the Amerixans election
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Um, we don't get a vote. It's the Amerixans election

Yeah, Passing Through seems to have an almighty time struggling with the concept of Americans voting in someone based on their own self interest. As if we don't do the same here or something. LOL

I see the celebrity gang is out in force today again.

Madonna in her speech; "Good will win in the end"

Madonna in part of her song; "Donald Trump suck a d**k, I'm not your b*tch".

The celebrity hypocrisy above is a beautiful example of why these people helped Clinton lose the election, and they are still doing it. LOL

Settle in for a yuge 4 years.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 8:17am
I know some of you blokes wouldn't have a clue which way is up, but you vote with a sense of how you are impacted and the mutual benefit a govt can provide. Usually a US President has a neutral effect on our situation.

Clinton, Bush, Obama had little negative impact on Australia, apart from being involved in conflicts we didn't belong in. We had always battled a level of trade protectionism from them but we benefited in other ways, like security.

Trump wants us involved in blockading our biggest trade partner, and promises to make us pay heavily for the privilege. We spent a long time trying to get US to lower tariffs on particularly agricultural trade. Barnaby Joyce celebrated the negotiating of a better deal on a number of products that would energise our farming sector. Trump has vowed to undo that

Maybe you can't or don't want to see it but when we are struggling to pay our bills and lower paid workers and pensioners are being asked to carry a bigger burden for deficit repair, Trump has just raised our rent and increased the cost of everything we buy. 

How is that something to celebrate? He isn't making Australia great again.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 10:08am
Yeah, Passing Through seems to have an almighty time struggling with the concept of Americans voting in someone based on their own self interest.

that is democracy they voted him in, fine, the problem is if they think it is in their own self interest , well, it is always about Trump's self interest, America is stuffed for at least 4 years and many other countries with it
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 10:44am
Donald Trump at a monument to CIA dead, his speech was all about himself, saying it did not rain at inauguration, it actually did. What is wrong with him even lying about something trivial like that, does he think he is god Confused
Then he continued with the lie that the crowd at the inauguration was the biggest ever, attacked the media ,all about him, nothing about the CIA dead.

A total loon
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:01am
I have no problem with Americans voting in Trump in what they see as their self interest. That is perfectly normal

What i don't understand is people he promises to shaft are celebrating that shafting because of some ideological link to some of his beliefs.

Rattlesnake isn't even honest enough to say what it is about Trump he finds so appealing, and why he supports him declaring a trade war on us.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Donald Trump at a monument to CIA dead, his speech was all about himself, saying it did not rain at inauguration, it actually did. What is wrong with him even lying about something trivial like that, does he think he is god Confused
Then he continued with the lie that the crowd at the inauguration was the biggest ever, attacked the media ,all about him, nothing about the CIA dead.

A total loon

That was a very strange event. Trump, after showing absolute disdain for the CIA and all security agencies over his Russian links, using the monument as a backdrop to launch into the media and blame fake news for his attacks on the CIA If he is so easily led and fooled what does that say about his judgement?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:15am

I have no problem with Americans voting in Trump in what they see as their self interest. That is perfectly normal

What i don't understand is people he promises to shaft are celebrating that shafting because of some ideological link to some of his beliefs.

Rattlesnake isn't even honest enough to say what it is about Trump he finds so appealing, and why he supports him declaring a trade war on us.

I think it is all about hatred of the left, speaking to people, reading columnists like Panahi , Bolt, there is nothing about his policies just a total attack on the left, rubbing it in, some sort of justification of their views with the election of the madman.

Because somehow a fairer, kinder , more equitable world somehow threatens their existence
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I think it is all about hatred of the left, speaking to people, reading columnists like Panahi , Bolt, there is nothing about his policies just a total attack on the left, rubbing it in, some sort of justification of their views with the election of the madman.

Because somehow a fairer, kinder , more equitable world somehow threatens their existence

Yes, Trump, like Putin, La Penne's National Front, Alternative for Germany, Party of Freedom, Golden Dawn etc etc all want the same thing. A white protectionist world, free of democratic institutions, the things that we, USA and Europe all went to war to create and defend. No coincidence Trump attacks the EU and NATO last week. He and Putin, along with all those groups  want them gone. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:42am
Trump hasn't even met French President Hollande yet, but Le Penne has a visit to Trump Tower and Trump people photograph them, a consistent theme  in recent weeks. 

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:54am
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:59am
Only idiots voted this precious drongo into power.
reductio ad absurdum
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:08pm
and who was their alternative? More flower power politics from the token female president, following on from the token black pres?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:17pm
Why would you post a Kinky Friedman clip, a fierce independent and then say there are only extreme choices?Confused
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Only idiots voted for Clinton, so go figur
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:43pm
Apparently everyone just imagined all the CIA stuff. LOL

Trump says 'feud' with CIA is a lie

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/01/22/trump-visits-cia-on-first-full-day.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58840ea004d3016df7aaef93&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:44pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Only idiots voted for Clinton, so go figur

We are watching the way this dingbat is carrying on and people want to defend him.

There is nothing at all presidential about him. He is a kindergarten child, My dick is bigger than your dick.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 2:12pm
The way Hiliary,s supporters are carrying on doesnt say much for them either.
Rioting and destroying property and injuring cops.
The least she could do is step up and say OK guys, I lost, but can you please stop running amok and destroying things, and start acting like civilised humans.
Talk about bad losers Cry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 2:17pm
Appalling behaviour It should be condemned
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 2:21pm
That is funny AA, could you imagine how Trump supporters would be carrying on had he lost, much worse, and he would be l;eading the protests when he was not in court challenging the result. At least the current protests are mainly peaceful.

He couldn't even accept the 2012 result when Obama got 8 million more votes and Trump was maliciously stirring the birther thing.  What a role model he is Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 2:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 1094>