Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Top 3YOs 2017-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:04pm
Race 1 - 12:00PM 2GB SILVER SHADOW STAKES (1200 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $200,000.1st $115,000, 2nd $38,000, 3rd $18,500, 4th $9,000, 5th $5,000, 6th $2,500, 7th $2,500, 8th $2,500, 9th $2,500, 10th $2,500, Equine Welfare Fund $2,000. 
Starter Subsidy $200. GROUP 2
Set Weights plus Penalties, Three-Years-Old, Fillies, Apprentices cannot claim.

Track Name: Randwick Track Type: Turf 

Field Limit: 16 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
115195xONE MORE HONEYJohn P ThompsonBlake Shinn357kg78
211302xFORMALITYDavid & B Hayes & T DabernigKerrin McEvoy156kg82
31x1xCHAMPAGNE CUDDLESBjorn BakerTye Angland255kg74
41374xVILLA CARLOTTAKris LeesBrenton Avdulla455kg72
5425x1ALIZEEJames CummingsGlyn Schofield555kg71
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Wednesday only continued to show us the up and coming horses in Sydney aren't as good as first expected.
Songlike beating Showtime with from watching looked like it was sit and sprint. She deserved to win one but I doubt she'll go on to any great heights.
And Super Ex who couldn't beat Catesby or D'Argento smashed to others.

Super Ex the only one worth following for me.

Agree the Calculated/Addictive Nature form might not be as strong expected and they'll need to improve significantly to be competitive against better horses. 

The key to Super Ex (who did beat Catesby at Kembla) might have been getting onto a good track. He belted them yesterday, albeit when getting a hefty weight pull from Albumin. 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:00pm
Yes thanks 3bm I was in a rush and typed without reading it back.

And today we saw Jukebox continue on his winning way in the Vain Stakes at Caul. Very impressive and will surely give the Melbournians plenty of hope when the Sydney raiders arrive. 

Catchy didn't let down as she can and I'm hoping it was the softish track that was responsible.
Crown Witness like Jukebox is now 3 from 3 and seems to do nothing wrong in her races.

And in Sydney The Silver Shadow was a cracker. Formality, Alizee and Champagne Cuddles all finishing within half a length of each other. I'm hoping Alizee improves over more distance now (Flight Stakes?).

And the boys raced in the Up And Coming with Team Snowden producing Dracarys to narrowly defeat Gold Standard who looks to be getting better with racing. A few flops sorted out the pretenders.

Best of the day would have to be Jukebox imo. I did hear a commentator say he would be racing against Esperance next start at Flemington. That should be a good watch.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:18pm
The Super Ex form is on show tomorrow at Hawesbury.
Catesby running around again and looks to have a very good chance over 1300m.

Saturday we've got the San Domenico and Ming Dynasty at Rosehill. 

Two terrific races with a few of the better 2YOs from last season running.
Pariah
Condor Heroes
Jorda
Madeenaty

And some on the way up.
Addictive Nature
Animalia
Mahalangur
Assimilate
Astoria
Hypnotist

And at Moonee Valley we've got some big names.
The Johnny Walker has.
Madeenaty , again.
Tulip
Limestone

And in the McKenzie we've got.
Bandipur
Azazel
Lone Eagle
Muraaqeb

With the Grp 1s in mind Pariah, Addictive Nature, Animalia, Tulip, Limestone and Bandipur are all in with chances imo.

Animalia at $5.50 and $2.05 looks to be overs to me and will be on him for sure.

Muddy View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:16pm
Al Passem. Has ability and under rated. If he was with fashionable stable we would be hearing more about him. Trainer can find a good horse and almost won a guineas with Rich Enuff.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Muddy Muddy wrote:

Al Passem. Has ability and under rated. If he was with fashionable stable we would be hearing more about him. Trainer can find a good horse and almost won a guineas with Rich Enuff.

$17 with SportsBet ($22 with the PP) for the McKenzie.
I hope he runs a good one for you. 
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 11:49am
Any reason you left Garrad out of the Johnny Walker list Scamanda? 

Split Catchy and Limestone at her first run, second to Houtzen at Doomben, kept out of trouble 4+ wide the trip to win her maiden over Sebfire, split Shoals and Ploverset before spelling. Only needs to have made the same improvement to be competitive.

On Sat she gets a small weight advantage and is drawn to dictate near the fence - which is apparently the place to be early (0-3m being better going according to the track mgr).
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 2:59pm
I suppose I was trying to highlight the big names from last year. Garrard's been there about as you say against the best of them alright. Back to Moonee Valley where she nearly pinched a win in her debut run and drawn to be near the lead so long as she doesn't walk out like she did in that race.

And Roomooz too. She went to Melbourne with wraps on her and raced well behind Catchy. Her Blue Diamond Prelude run got her into my blackbook. But needs luck unless she's got some extra zip i her legs.

The Johnny Walker is another of those 3YO races I'll be watching rather than betting. 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 3:04pm
I just noticed it is one of the money back in free bets races so I might have to rethink not betting.
Tulip maybe. $2.90 PP with the money back offer? Maybe.
Muddy View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 7:40pm
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:13am
With Animalia a scratching from the Ming Dynasty Assimilate now looks a good bet to me.
He beat the stablemate Dracarys (Up And Coming Stakes winner) at his last start and now shooting for 3 from 3.

And I'm on Condor Heroes in the San Domenico to beat the big name 3YOs.
I think Pariah is the best horse in the race but we will see him at his best next start.

The way things are going Team Snowden could be well represented in the Golden Rose with Dracarys, Assimilate and Pariah.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:26am
Warwick Farm trials yesterday and the 3YOs She Will Reign and Single Bullet took on the Open Grp horses.

She Will Reign jumped quick and led easily and Single Bullet went with her to just beat her, but with She Will Reign idled down well before the post.

Chautauqua 3rd 10L back but he and the rest weren't pushed at all.

The way SWR ran you'd want to be on her wherever she races. Speed and power to burn.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 12:54pm

Warwick Farm trials yesterday and the 3YOs She Will Reign and Single Bullet took on the Open Grp horses.

She Will Reign jumped quick and led easily and Single Bullet went with her to just beat her, but with She Will Reign idled down well before the post.

The way SWR ran you'd want to be on her wherever she races. Speed and power to burn.

It was a lovely trial I thought too Scamanda, liked the way the grey worked home too fwiw.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:55pm
The run of the day today had to be Pariah.
Paul Snowden after the race mentioned there were a few options for him.
Golden Rose first.
Caulfield Guineas.
The Everest.

Surely The Golden Rose first and then decide.

Menari already mentioned as a potential Everest runner along with SWR, so Pariah would make it 3 3YOs. Are there that many spots left?

Addictive Nature showed a lot more stamina today than when he was downed by Shogun Sun. 

And Assimilate was only a half head away and I'd be very surprised if he is run over any distance beyond the 1400m. Hit a wall after being at least 6 length behind Addictive Nature at one stage of the race.

So far Menari and Pariah look to be the best credentialed 3YOs heading towards the Golden Rose.
We just need to know which horse is running where.

I doubt Melbourne served up one with any hope of beating them today.
Roomooz held off Tulip and will handle the 1400m with no problem imo, and Tulip was found wanting. I don't think either of them will threaten in the Grp 1s.

And Overshare took the Sydney form to Melbourne and pulled their pants down. So maybe the Sydneysiders are ahead of their southern opposition. Formality the only exception.

FWIW I'm on Menari for the Golden Rose. I'm on him at 20s and 15s so hope they scrap any Everest dreams.

My backup runners are Trekking at 50s and Kementari at 7s (unders).

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

It was a lovely trial I thought too Scamanda, liked the way the grey worked home too fwiw.

Mate that Everest race will be run at a scorching pace so Chaut will be there at the end or thereabouts.

Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
I have Pariah top of the list now. The dominant fillies from last year haven't stepped up yet & I feel Menari as impressive was, he was beat a lot less than what Pariah did today. Think Pariah wins the Rose, then freshens up for the Coolmore and that's all we'll see of him.

Also taken by Assimilate produced today. Massive run.

Snowden just has a yard full of absolute quality.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

I have Pariah top of the list now. The dominant fillies from last year haven't stepped up yet & I feel Menari as impressive was, he was beat a lot less than what Pariah did today. Think Pariah wins the Rose, then freshens up for the Coolmore and that's all we'll see of him.

Also taken by Assimilate produced today. Massive run.

Snowden just has a yard full of absolute quality.

Yes I couldn't let Pariah past.
$7 plus $2 to place on CrownBet for the Golden Rose.

4 runners now, if they all run.
Either will do but Menari or Trekking would be better for me.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:51pm
Tomorrow there are a couple of short priced runners at Wyong.

Absolute who has two 2nds from two starts, the latest behind Gold Standard is at $1.80. Too short for me but maybe in a multi?

And stablemate Speedway is at $1.55 looks to be a risky bet at the odds. Has had some chances, and too short for me.

But one that Carioca pointed out from the trials is Usurp (also Godolphin), is currently $4.40 so I'm interested there. Up against Catmosphere who finished 2nd to Astoria on debut though. Also has trialed well. And Dexluther who ran 2nd to Addictive Nature in a trial beaten 1L also entered.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Money Maher, WA late Spring/early Summer and East Coast in the Autumn.  

Won a weak Northam maiden by 2 lengths today, giving them 7 lengths on the turn and running his last 600 in 33.34.

The initial post was more in jest than anything, however a WA Guineas win in November isn't entirely out of the question.

ps hope Luva Punt got on.  Wink

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 8:34pm
Well it's spring. The time when every young man's mind turns to horseracing. Geek

Randwick looks to be playing second fiddle to Caulfield tomorrow with the McNeil Stakes taking pride of place.

Merchant Navy, Trekking, Hualalai, King's Authority and Ploverset etc head the list with some hard thought required to sort out the Sydney and Melbourne formlines.

Sydney has already made its mark with a 3YO winner in Melbourne and there is every chance that the 2 Sydneysiders can do it again. Trekking and Hualalai both have nice form heading into this with Trekking one of my blackbookers most likely to upset the fav, it it happens at all.

Merchant Navy is probably headed for the Guineas so could be one run short with Trekking already having a start finishing 3rd behind Menari. Running in Melbourne though, I have to wonder if Cummings is looking at keeping him to the sprints rather than the Golden Rose , which is a disappointment. 

But MN is unbeaten and has big wraps on him. And rightly so.

King's Authority will improve from his first up run over 1000m which was always going to be too short.
He's my wildcard in the Melbourne 3YO ranks.

The fillies race at Caulfield doesn't inspire much though.

Randwick has Super Ex running again against Beau Geste, Albumin, Island Missile, and Dissolution running in the 1st.

Beau Geste's last trial was outstanding imo. Barrier 1 with Super Ex in barrier 2 and they look to be the standouts. Super Ex is overs imo.

The Furious Stakes has a very talented line up. Only 7 runners fillies but the quality is high.
From the top Formality, Whispered Secret, Champagne Cuddles, Alizee all in the running with their sights on the Flight Stakes down the track.

Formality should get an easy lead even though she has drawn wide.
Which one can get the suck run behind her? Alizee.
And they are the 2 shortest in the market.

I have Alizee going in the Flight Stakes but wouldn't be surprised if she was to finish behind Formality here. Very good win fist up in the Silver Shadow.

I'm on Trekking to upset Merchant Navy at $3.60 to beat Merchant Navy.
Formality at $3.50 to beat Alizee and Champagne Cuddles.
And Super Ex at $4.60 to beat Beau Geste.

Can I keep my run of seconds going? Ouch

3 upsets, with MN, CC and BG the favs.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 8:36pm

Money Maher, WA late Spring/early Summer and East Coast in the Autumn.  

Won a weak Northam maiden by 2 lengths today, giving them 7 lengths on the turn and running his last 600 in 33.34.

The initial post was more in jest than anything, however a WA Guineas win in November isn't entirely out of the question.

ps hope Luva Punt got on.  Wink

Congrats. They have to start somewhere SC. Northam is as good a place as any.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 8:47pm
I like Super Ex too Scamanda , gee he's a good type, hope I haven't mozzed ya lol, Bol.
whatashotbyseve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatashotbyseve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
I think the fillies are far superior than the boys so I am stunned that Ploverset is currently $12 in the McNeil... so many star 3yo fillies I really think this will be an elite crop - She Will Reign, Catchy, Formality, Shoals, Garrard, Houtzen, Tulip, Frolic...  not sure how good the boys are and not sure how deep the McNeil is? Ploverset will be camped near the speed which is a must at Caulfield lately especially with the rail 6m out so I am definitely going that way. 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 1:18pm

I like Super Ex too Scamanda , gee he's a good type, hope I haven't mozzed ya lol, Bol.

You're a good judge Carioca. Big smile
Too good today but that's about as far as he wants to go imo.

Merovee was an eye catcher.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 2:32pm

You're a good judge Carioca. Big smile
Too good today but that's about as far as he wants to go imo.

Merovee was an eye catcher.

Haha don't flatter me mate, I might end up taking up the punt again lol,...btw I just had a
pink and grey galah land on my back fence screetching out..Merovee! Merovee, they run a record and the winner done all the work, nice horse.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by whatashotbyseve whatashotbyseve wrote:

I think the fillies are far superior than the boys so I am stunned that Ploverset is currently $12 in the McNeil... so many star 3yo fillies I really think this will be an elite crop - She Will Reign, Catchy, Formality, Shoals, Garrard, Houtzen, Tulip, Frolic...  not sure how good the boys are and not sure how deep the McNeil is? Ploverset will be camped near the speed which is a must at Caulfield lately especially with the rail 6m out so I am definitely going that way. 

Reckon McEvoys colt could be better than the lot of em
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Originally posted by whatashotbyseve whatashotbyseve wrote:

Reckon McEvoys colt could be better than the lot of em

Agree. The most impressive so far for mine.

No knock Merchant Navy, but Muraahib goes close to winning that race today with any luck.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:10pm
Saturday didn't disappoint at all. Some good racing with a couple of standout performances.
Merchant Navy continued on his winning way. Never in doubt even after racing at the tail of the field early.
Trekking either flopped or was ridden poorly, or both. He had an advantage on Merchant Navy turning but may have been held up while MN and Booker both had momentum and swooped past.
Should have stayed in Sydney on that run.

Booker was great and looks like the filly to watch in future.

Super Ex won as expected but the run of Merovee was the eye catcher in the race running the best final sectional for the race.

And Formality did it again, but only just over the 1200m.
Champagne Cuddles ran 2nd and ran 32.77 for the final 600m bettered only by Redzel (32.63) and Spieth (32.52) in the 1000m Concorde Stakes. I Am Excited was the 2nd fastest final 600m for the race finishing a nice 3rd.

Champagne Cuddles has to be the run of the day from the 3YOs.
She will be the filly to beat over 1400m to 1600m imo.
$15 in the Golden Rose.
$7 and $2.50 to place in the Flight Stakes.

The Waller colt Merovee is at $26 and $7 to place in the Golden Rose. 
Might be a value bet.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 8:10pm
As pointed out by Carioca Demerara the winner of race 7 at Gosford today was very impressive. The runner up Solar Patch most recently finished on the heels of Shogun Sun, Addictive Nature and also Super Ex so for Demerara to beat him by nearly 4 lengths is very noteworthy.
That's now 2 for 2 for this filly and she is definately going places.
Yes it was only Gosford but they all have to start off somewhere. She is one worth following.

Now for a little smile and reminisce.
Demerara is by Commands ( Danehill over a daughter of Eight Carat) from Rum Cruise ( a Canny Lad mare ) which makes Demerara a Woodlands breed minus the Darley influence. 

Her breeding alone would surely make her one of the most valuable 3YO fillies running around.
And her ability seems to be on track too.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 8:47pm
Vic Oaks-Blanco Belle ( Huge Smokey)

Vic Derby-Weather With You ( Huge Chance)
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic