Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Rise and Rise of Godolphin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rise and Rise of Godolphin
    Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:46pm
Isn't it amazing? How good are the Royal Blue's going since the departure of O'Sheik and Plummy?......those wonderful Woodlands mares all disbanded, and I'm being kind.......and James is in another universe compared to 'Benefit Knight'......
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:51pm
I would like to see Anthony Freedmans strike rate for the blue boys!

For the few he gets I would say he would be doing just as well as James if in the top position!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:59pm
Not all disbanded.  Lyre is a descendant of one of them.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:01pm
You might be right but it's a little early to tell. They've got a good one in Avilius but he's up against absolute spuds (if you want a guide on the current state of Australian middle distance horses, witness the Paramatta Cup). Alizee benefited from a 10/10 ride and (as was Avilius), and the Diamond winner was trained by Freedman.

Cummings' 2yos actually performed below market expectations. I think he's probably better than O'Shea and the Snowdens but a little early to tell.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Yep, you are correct, but so many were 'moved on' by the Pom, he's scored himself a gig with a Kiwi billionaire so let's wait and see what havoc is wrecked there.....as for O'Sheik, it's been business as usual, - - - - - - - , when you occupy prime real-estate on High St, you must get results, or you get booted out...oh, that's what happened to Bob Thomsen and probably G Begg and a few more, however back on topic, James C and A Freedman are the right men for the job, and results are the measuring stick.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:50pm
Oh I'm with you there.  Remember In her Time's sire Time Thief.  He had a pedigree to be a great sire but that stud just didn't know what to do with him.  At least we got five stakes winners including a very good mare by him.  I did watch as mare after mare from Woodlands was sold.  But they do seem to get a young mare first before moving the older mare on.

They obviously have kept some of the Preserve/Peach family but the vast majority have been sold on.

Mnemosyne is still with them and so far all her foals.  As this family seems to cross so well with Lonhro who they stand it only makes sense to keep them.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Yep, you are correct, but so many were 'moved on' by the Pom, he's scored himself a gig with a Kiwi billionaire so let's wait and see what havoc is wrecked there.....as for O'Sheik, it's been business as usual, - - - - - - - , when you occupy prime real-estate on High St, you must get results, or you get booted out...oh, that's what happened to Bob Thomsen and probably G Begg and a few more, however back on topic, James C and A Freedman are the right men for the job, and results are the measuring stick.

Anthony was ever a better horseman than any of his brothers.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I doubt that, considering we were their next door neighbours, all the boys were good, really good, never saw or heard an argument amongst them, they worked so well together, their staff were the best.....it just worked, they were all friendly, not over the top, polite, and trained winners, hundreds of them.....happy horses, but Flemington back in the 80's was a special place to be.......
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:06am

Drugs and cheating and know one asked questions. 1 or 2 trainers would pop up and dominate an entire carnival.

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Feb 2019 at 9:28am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:30am

I doubt that, considering we were their next door neighbours, all the boys were good, really good, never saw or heard an argument amongst them, they worked so well together, their staff were the best.....it just worked, they were all friendly, not over the top, polite, and trained winners, hundreds of them.....happy horses, but Flemington back in the 80's was a special place to be.......

I'm going back before Flemington, before Warwick Farm, way back to Yass.  And I'm not referring to arguments or lack of, or the way they worked together, or whether they were friendly etc.  I simply expressed my opinion that Anthony was the best horse person of them, based on close personal experience also.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:36am
Agree!! ANTONY has always been the underrated one of 3brothers! Probably because he didn't wear the happy face and sparkling smile that takes most of these fakes a long way? He just used to sit there and use his judgement!!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
You do that, good on you......I'm also adding my support to the rest of the family that were training Gr1 winners during the 5 years I observed them from over the fence and the next tie ups...but you'd know better than I.

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
Watched James being interviewed on 7 with bruce.

First time I have seen him step up to the plate,and he hit the ball pit of the Park

oozed confidence,knowledge about each horse,how he has adapted training for each horse

as I said first time I have seen him with this confidence,like he has take full control   
theshu25 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
Second Chance,how dare you question Bonjour,he used to train at flemington and in NSW  you know.If you didnt ,you be the only one as nearly 100% of his comments start with,when i used to train at   bla bla bla,anyone  would  think he was the only person ever to train a racehorse in australia.
theshu
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:31pm
Bonjour. Yes I would know better from my position. And it was not a swipe at he's brothers!! I was saying he was underrated. But against other trainers that fake there way to the top ? He has the skills
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by theshu25 theshu25 wrote:

Second Chance,how dare you question Bonjour,he used to train at flemington and in NSW  you know.If you didnt ,you be the only one as nearly 100% of his comments start with,when i used to train at   bla bla bla,anyone  would  think he was the only person ever to train a racehorse in australia.

And anyone would think that he sacked you,for not being good enough to muck out stalls for him......
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by theshu25 theshu25 wrote:

Oh, shoot me for going into bat for the FBI.....it helped with my observation to advise I had thrown a saddle on a few back then, sorry to piss you off Shu, I'll desist, I was once a stablehand, gelatie kicker, but liked next door to them, great bunch, I happen to prefer Michael and Richard, better sense of humour, Lee much to serious, Anthony, much too grumpy.......there you go.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 2:58pm
Well it's obvious you do not know them to well!! Anthony just says it as it is!! Not grumpy, but does not add mayonnaise like a lot of other trainers. Or should I say SUGAR?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Well it's obvious you do not know them to well!! Anthony just says it as it is!! Not grumpy, but does not add mayonnaise like a lot of other trainers. Or should I say SUGAR?

Did you not read? we lived next door, and didn't know them? Anthony's knick name was Grumpy, I'm out of my league here, you and Slipper have me beat....FBI have changed their persona's since vacating Flemington going by you two, it's vastly different now Flemington, Kav, DOB......oh for the old days when Kav was a battling jumps jock and DOB was pooing his nappy.......but another expert on here says drugs were rife there then, gee, what the hell did I miss.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 3:21pm
One thing is for sure I'm noticing? Is the blue coloured horses are starting way unders at the moment!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 3:29pm
I heard them say this morning,they are 20 wins from last 50...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Watched 2 odds on shots go down this afternoon
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:42pm
Sorry 1 was not odds on , but short
squibby View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:36pm
Worked for Richard, Anthony and Lee, enjoyed working for all of them, learnt a lot from each brother.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
Sheikh Mohammed Makes Presence Felt at Keeneland
Godolphin bought three yearlings for receipts of $5,425,000 Sept. 9 at Keeneland.

$2.5 million ticket on Hip 75, a gray or roan son of Tapit consigned by Hinkle Farms. The colt was bred in Kentucky by his consignor out of the Forestry mare Seeking Gabrielle. There was little doubt the colt's famous half brother, G1 Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist, was at least partly responsible for his purchase price.

$2.15 million  Medaglia d'Oro colt from the consignment of Denali Stud first foal out of the Unbridled's Song mare Tara's Tango, winner of the G1 Santa Margarita Stakes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:07pm
Thanks Brudder.

His Excellence must have had some annoying loose change rattling around in his sky rocket. 
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 6:21pm

Thanks Brudder.

His Excellence must have had some annoying loose change rattling around in his sky rocket. 

A picture of him dressed in casuals at the sale in the article...

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/235678/sheikh-mohammed-makes-presence-felt-at-keeneland

Bodyguards a plenty just in case someone has issue with him buying blue bloods...
Morston View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
Two of those people in the picture are Said Bin Suroor and John Gosden....trainers not bodyguards
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Morston Morston wrote:

Two of those people in the picture are Said Bin Suroor and John Gosden....trainers not bodyguards

ok... animalguards
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:18pm
A picture of HIP 58 (also known as US$2.5 bebe)

Well groomed. Not a hair out of place....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>