Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The refugee crisis..??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 6:18pm
From Lord Ashcroft's poll of 12,300 voters post referendum 

• Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.” Just over one in eight (13%) said remaining would mean having no choice “about how the EU expanded its membership or its powers in the years ahead.” Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.”
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 4:51am
We can lock this thread now - problem solved for Australia - Pauline's BACK!Beer
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 12:08pm
Precious Pauline stood with an enquiry into ISLAM as one of her main policies.

THATS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR .

May Allah be good to her.

<b
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 8:36pm
Labor seem to have won big in western Sydney. Apparently western Sydney represents the worst of the Muslim immigration experience. And we've head in here how a vote for Labor is a vote for Islam. How can this be?
thesherrif View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 8:42pm
Is THERE A HIGH CONCENTRATION OF MUSLIME THEIR, IF SO the vote for labour makes sence ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Labor seem to have won big in western Sydney. Apparently western Sydney represents the worst of the Muslim immigration experience. And we've head in here how a vote for Labor is a vote for Islam. How can this be?

Muslims voted Labor en masse?

they wouldn't vote to turn back the boat...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Muslims voted Labor en masse?

they wouldn't vote to turn back the boat...

did anyone see any of the at the polling booths..I think not, it's against the faith to vote for secular factions..

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:22pm
They probab;y all postal voted so they wouldn't run into people like you at the polling booth Fiddles Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:25pm
see PauLine  what do you mean refused lunch with sAmD'astiari, said she does not belive in Halal, fair dinkum what sort of bigotted idiot has been voted in?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:25pm
the guy is a non_practicing muslim anyway
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:56pm
Non-practising muslim?

Is that a polite way of saying sleeper cell.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by thesherrif thesherrif wrote:

I am a non practicing virgin.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:00am
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Originally posted by thesherrif thesherrif wrote:

I am a non practicing virgin.

too much information, dad...

Embarrassed
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:48am

You've done it again Judge, just when I was losing faith!

Speaking so eloquently about the issues of which you have NFIClap

Do you know where Western Sydney is?

Do you know where Sydney is?

Have you seen a real Muslim in it's natural environment?

Do you know anything about the Terrorist problems in this country?

Do they let you vote?

If not, sometimes it's safer to stick to things you understand, like SAVING MEDICARE and other ALP lies. 

The problems, and the spots where there are more Mosques per square metre than anywhere in Australia, are predominantly in suburbs like Bankstown, Auburn, Greenacre and Lakemba. 

Auburn is the Ghetto portion of REID - described as "Inner Metro", 15-20 ks from CBD - has been held by the Liberals. Famous for their Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer, and reported widespread corruption amongst the predominantly middle eastern council members.

Bankstown (former stomping ground of Paul Keating), Greenacre (famous for the Sydney Gang rapes on Australian girls and women, led by Bilal Skaf), Lakembanon, etc are all within WATSON  - long held Labor seat of Tony Burke - Shadow Minister for Finance - described as "Inner Metro ", 15-20 ks from CBD ... very few places in Watson that you could feel safe as an unveiled woman on your own, day or night!   

The seats that Labor got the big success in were in the WILD WEST (40+ ks from the city);

MacArthur - "Outer Metro" - after redistribution it is now Labor Heartland, with 3 of the biggest Houso suburbs in Minto, Ingleburn and Claymore ... no Mosques there, but plenty of the true believers - unmarried Mums, dole cheats and bogans. They wouldn't have a dollar to buy The Daily Terragraph, and are illiterate anyway. The only policy of interest there is who is giving the biggest handout. They CAN understand "Save Medicare", but ARE challenged if the slogan is 3 words long

Macquarie - a "Provincial" seat - you can't go further west than the Blue Mountains, Windsor and Richmond - another low socioeconomic area, with many of the same aspirations as MacArthur - most interested in when is the next series of "Big Brother" or "Keeping Up with The Kardashians" ... they actually live closer to Mt Panorama, Bathurst than Sydney, and have limited aspirations. Medicare would be a concern, but a bigger concern would be having to go and compulsory vote on Saturday, when they could have been pumping the pokies at the Katoomba RSL!!! ... probably an expected protest vote on that issue alone!  Both seats would have a high proportion of Gold Logie Voters, and acquire their opinions accordingly. ZERO Mosques.

But listen Judge, that is the beauty of this country, you don't need to be clever, you don't need to be literate, you don't need to be informed on a subject or even speak the language, you can have an opinion and voice it regardless!Thumbs Up ... Pauline may yet have a say in that though!!!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:48am
Oh the irony Doc. Expounding at length on things you know nothing about? Though without the eloquence, to be sure. To be quite honest you sound about one sharp shock away from a tin cup and a set of crayons. Let me give you a little advice...there may be a slight- er- gap between your powers of insight and the reality thereof.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

They probab;y all postal voted so they wouldn't run into people like you at the polling booth Fiddles Wink

no chance of that as you well know..

the reports I'm getting are there were very few if any seen at any polling stations...sausage sizzles no doubt help keep them away..

preferring to stay away and not vote and keep building that parallel society they are so hell bent on erecting..
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:57pm
Do you understand what irony is? 

Irony is when you tell me about Western Sydney and the Muslim experience ... yet you live in a gated community sitting in front the tv watching reruns of Q&A Big smile

I voted for Paul Keating ... did you?Wacko
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

the reports I'm getting are there were very few if any seen at any polling stations...sausage sizzles no doubt help keep them away..

preferring to stay away and not vote and keep building that parallel society they are so hell bent on erecting..

No Bacon on your b&e McMuffins in Auburn, Lakemba, Greenacre or Bankstown Fiddler ... only Facon ... fact.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 3:55pm

Que? The guy that never leaves his house and hates people has an army of networkers reporting for him........
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Que? The guy that never leaves his house and hates people has an army of networkers reporting for him........

REALY ?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:07pm
Dear dear me.  I live in the west.  Foot of the blue mountains.  Hot in summer, freezing at the moment.  I have two unemployed adults living at home.  Neither have ever claimed a benefit from the government.  So I guess I support them.  I earn less that $40,000 yet have no claims against the government.  Electricity is our main worry when bills go up.  That and speed of the internet for work.  Our suburb is nowhere near the NBN run out.  But sometimes I just can't open up sites like HK or Singapore for work late in the day or early night due to high traffic on the internet.  I work from home so it is a major problem for me.

We think for ourselves and live in the West due to less income for the dearer suburbs.  I grew up in the north west.  That got too dear so only one place to move other than interstate away from family and friends.

Do you think name calling or placing everyone in the same basket helps.  My brother in law grew up in Greenacre and his mother and father lived their till they died.  No troubles.

One of my children who is unemployed at the moment went to Sydney University and copped it abit from the other student due to her post code as well.  Why?   We are people and lots of people out here are very intelligent and good at their jobs.  Homes are now selling over the $1,000,000 in my area and now my last three children are probably never going to own one.  

None of them have even done drugs, drug trafficing.  No unwed children.  Remarkably honest all of them.  I'm proud of them and wish the last two could find a job (financially it would help me it's true) so that they can actually have a life.  Dad wants them out and I don't want them on the streets.  They don't deserve that.

So yes all parties were studied and voted for.  I think quite a mix from the talk amongst ourselves.  But no backstabbing or any you shouldn't of voted that way.  We all come to a decision and agreed to disagree on some things.

This under one roof.  In the west - amazing. No bloodshed involved.

The west I live in is quite amazing.  The people can be friendly or self involved just like anywhere else.  We have a hospital which is coping with new estates which keep blossoming nearby and hasn't had an upgrade since Penrith was just that.  I have a son in law who works in a call centre for the ambulances.  So I know many hospitals are in a bad way not just ours.  So some say why not privatize health care.  When so many out here are on similar wages to mine and coping with family members without work (like I am) who would be able to go to hospital?  We have major health issues in the family (ie MS, slipped disc in the neck of my daughter - luckily caught in time) so that would be horrendous.

So next time you categorize people by their place of abode think how you can hurt them and their families.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:13pm
Well said Furious. Unfortunately tarring all with the one brush is par for the course for certain people, on all levels.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:16pm
Furious, onE of the best posts I have  seen on TB
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:24pm
That's a really encouraging story furious, you should be proud, and I have a similar situation in Bankstown (with kids and health) ... but then you ruined it with ...

"So some say why not privatize health care ... who would be able to go to hospital?"

Good grief, say what!!?? Stern Smile

.... naaah, wait ... you are just stirring the pot!

Is this a stitch up? This is a stitch up right ...?Big smileLOL
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:26pm
Subbie at his virtual signalling best there.

Your work is OUTSTANDING boy !
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:26pm
virtue* 

(might be virtual as well, who knows)
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:36pm
Not stirring the pot.  My children (unemployed pair) and son in law would be unable to afford medication and medical care if we went down the private hospita pathl.  It's no good having the state in the black if the next government voted in has to spend all that black funds getting roads, schools and hospitals up to standard and then get voted out for spending all the cash!  Why - because they had to do what previous governments didn't.  And yes both sides have done this.  I'm not blind.  I've voted liberal and labour depending on my decisions at the time.  So I'm not stirring the pot.  This issue matters to me as I know what bad health can do to a family.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:42pm
Ok, so would it be fair to say of everything that was thrown out there as policy by both sides, that the two big issues for you would have been Medicare Privatisation, and Housing Affordability?

... and out of curiosity, just roughly, what would you think your home might worth after the recent boom? ... i know there are a lot of acreages and new mansions being developed in the area too!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:56pm
Well alot needs updating in this house Dr E.  Bathroom, kitchen for two major ones so probably that would handicap it.  Also back onto the expressway something lots couldn't live with.  And when I die its got to be split six ways so wont be much to the kids anyway.  No acreage for me.

I have a four bed house and have six children.  We are used to living cheaply and doing what needs to be done like painting and a new roof when we had some major leaks develop.

Just look around Dr E.  I'm not as educated as some but my husband (who is smart) say's I'm no dummy.  Yes we have to stand on our own feet but what if I lost my job like my husband did when he turned 58.  Outsourced to India due to cheaper workforce.

Their are many hard working people who get outsourced through no fault of their own.  So if the report on the other election rant is true and they want to outsource our power to China then the bosses (or politicians) have really gone off track.  We need to employ people here.

Have you ever been into the tourist shops.  Mostly run and owned overseas now and you can't buy anything made in Australia.  We need our trades built back up here before we loose all of the work skills.

I want my money to help improve another Australian families life.  Not put them out of work.  I know the depression and angst that follows that also.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 5:01pm
just as a bynote your salarry is more like whayt most earn , median as oposed to average which is quoted all the time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 77>
  Share Topic