Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The refugee crisis..??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:08pm
The kings of glib responses to irrefutable fact reign supreme again!Clap
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:10pm
Your mirror must be broken Doc
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Hard to argue thar our middle eastern friends arnt over represented in criminal enclaves.....whether it be bikie or street gangs , fraudulent welfare activity, aversion to paying tax, home grown terrorist activities & any other area that puts a massive question mark as to how fair dinkum they are in assimilating to our way of life.. Loved that "probability line" comment Stayer.....how true.....how obvious !

Good to see u back oneone. You have insights and opinions that aren't prefrabricated, production line BS.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I haven't read it but I'm guessing rattlesnake put up some stats about the problems that exist, just to show that there are problems. They DO exist you know, PT!
I doubt he's a racist RWNJ type from anything I've read that he posts - I think he's just on a mission to correct SJWs. It's a pity that political correctness (and its backladh) and social media has reduced people to taking extreme sides, whether they are aware of it or not. Back in the days of paper and education and stuff, most people used to have more balanced and tolerant views about things that didn't concern their daily lives.

This little gem almost slipped through to the keeper! 

Very insightful, and soooo true stayer, well said!Clap 

... I am certainly middle of the road in reality, and have always been a swinging voter, but to make a point or even raise a conversation in forums or on social media, you have to be abrupt, just to be heard, and I see some of my statements slipping in that direction from time to time ...Embarrassed

.... but of course Whale and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country.Cry
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:33pm
Yes he put up stats comparing crime figures for African youth compared to the general population of all other Australians. 

When asked for a comparison of Africans 18 - 25, which is what virtually all of the offenders are, to the general population of 18 - 25s, a fairer comparison I would have thought, he lost interest
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:51pm

... I am certainly middle of the road in reality, and have always been a swinging voter, but to make a point or even raise a conversation in forums or on social media, you have to be abrupt, just to be heard, and I see some of my statements slipping in that direction from time to time ...Embarrassed

.... but of course Whale and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country.Cry
[/QUOTE]

Another load of tosh, PT and I are very different, he does not abuse, I do. And where did you get the notion that I excuse welfare cheats, I guess you must make up things as you accuse me of doing Wink
I also do not want to lock up all conservative polliies and have posted that both sides have rorters and some union officials are just as bad.

But hey what have facts got to do with anything you post, just continue with your pre conceived ideas , we expect that
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Yes he put up stats comparing crime figures for African youth compared to the general population of all other Australians. 

When asked for a comparison of Africans 18 - 25, which is what virtually all of the offenders are, to the general population of 18 - 25s, a fairer comparison I would have thought, he lost interest

100% of crimes committed by 18-25 year olds "of African appearance" are committed by 18-25 year olds "of African appearance" 

... can the frightened citizens of suburbia make it any simpler for you PT ... would you like a pie chart ...???

100% of Muslim Immigrants who illegally claim welfare and cry when they are asked to pay it back, are Muslim Immigrants.

Do you still not get it???

Out of touch, elitist, hand wringing, PC do gooders will be the downfall of western society, culture and democracy ... unless the citizens stand up and stop this BS ... and they are!Big smileClap ... and that just upsets the leftards even more.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Another load of tosh, PT and I are very different, he does not abuse, I do. And where did you get the notion that I excuse welfare cheats, I guess you must make up things as you accuse me of doing Wink
I also do not want to lock up all conservative polliies and have posted that both sides have rorters and some union officials are just as bad.

But hey what have facts got to do with anything you post, just continue with your pre conceived ideas , we expect that
[/QUOTE]

Correction;

.... but of course Whale  and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country.

.... but of course Whale and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country, AND HE WILL STALK YOU, and back the odd roughy. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Correction;

<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">.... but of course Whale  and </span><b style="font-size: 13.6px;">PT will just abuse you<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country.</span>
<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">.... but of course </span><b style="font-size: 13.6px;">Whale and PT will just abuse you<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, </span><strike style="font-size: 13.6px;">and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair,</span><strike style="font-size: 13.6px;"> and not subject them to any scrutiny<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country, </span><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 13.6px;">AND HE WILL STALK YOU,</span> and back the odd roughy. 
[/QUOTE] the last few words!!! Gold.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:24pm
Dr E , stats are not your strong point are they ? I mean meaningful stats as opposed to the ones you post
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
I guess they don't understand stats? ... if the welfare thieves pay back the money stole in the next week or two, it might help ... Fcuking UnAustralianUnhappy can't be deriding this one leftards, straight from Your Aunty ABC ...

Blue Mountains Anzac Day marches cancelled as anti-terrorism measures drive up costs

Updated about 3 hours ago

Four Anzac Day marches have been cancelled in NSW's Blue Mountains region after the State Government introduced new anti-terrorism requirements, which RSL clubs say would cost them thousands of dollars to comply with.

The RSL sub-branches in Katoomba, Blackheath, Springwood and Glenbrook have cancelled their annual marches, which have been staged for almost 100 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-11/anzac-day-marches-cancelled-anti-terrorism-costs/8176290

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:40pm
So what will they do on 25th April in Sydney ?  Cancel that march as well ???
No money for historic happenings, by men who served us well. 
Lots of $$ about to fund the pollies lurks and perks tho ??   Cry
So much wrong with this place.  
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:54pm
I think you will find that the Welfare thieves have it all over the pollies lurks when it comes to actual $$$'s aa - like to the tune of billions!Disapprove ... Whale is the stats man of the moment, maybe he can clarify it, and give us a quick update on his tipping strike rate and POT (he's doing OK lately!Thumbs Up)
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm

I guess they don't understand stats? ... if the welfare thieves pay back the money stole in the next week or two, it might help ... Fcuking UnAustralianUnhappy can't be deriding this one leftards, straight from Your Aunty ABC ...

Blue Mountains Anzac Day marches cancelled as anti-terrorism measures drive up costs

Four Anzac Day marches have been cancelled in NSW's Blue Mountains region after the State Government introduced new anti-terrorism requirements, which RSL clubs say would cost them thousands of dollars to comply with.

The RSL sub-branches in Katoomba, Blackheath, Springwood and Glenbrook have cancelled their annual marches, which have been staged for almost 100 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-11/anzac-day-marches-cancelled-anti-terrorism-costs/8176290

Your ability to make everything a left issue is quite impressive/tragic, Dr.......
would think most people (left and right) would be upset a march cant go ahead because the RSL won't put their hands in their pockets to pay......Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:19pm
The left will tell you to your face that you should not be afraid of terrorism, and that it is not always Islamic Terrorism ... some will throw stats at you and deny i exists at all, and refuse to acknowledge the 500 terror related incidents a year that our security forces foil before they reach fruition ... no I guess the fact that the cost of organising a March has gone up about $10,000 because of a figment of our imagination, for a tiny sub branch of the RSL that probably runs at a loss after chook raffles anyway, has nothing to do with any left issue.

Where's Bruce Ruxton when you need him?Cry
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:35pm
The NSW police have just released a statement that they are confident marches will go ahead.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Your ability to make everything a left issue is quite impressive/tragic, Dr.......
would think most people (left and right) would be upset a march cant go ahead because the RSL won't put their hands in their pockets to pay......Wink

Why should the RSL put their hand in the pockets to pay ??  These blokes paid their dues , unlike the pollies, who a fortune is spent on, protecting them, so why shouldnt the march get protection ?
The cops have their time wasted every night dealing with ice addicts and all the trouble they cause.  8 cops to hold down one bloke. 
Who pays for all the  protests marches held in Sydney ???
But when it comes to a traditional , historic march, by our servicemen ????   
Oh no !!!   They must pay for it them selves.  
Gotta cut costs because Ms Ley has spent it all on Gold Coast jaunts.  
animals before people.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:52pm

Thousands of dollars? One of Julie's polo sojourns would have covered that.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:01pm
If the piss heads who are down the RSL everyday pumpin the pokies and punting on the TAB, would payback what they stole from Centrelink, we could have a march in every street AND build a wall!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:49am

Correction;

.... but of course Whale  and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country.

.... but of course Whale and PT will just abuse you, and tell you we need to lock up all the conservative pollies because they are corrupt, but allow all the welfare cheats to take what they think is fair, and not subject them to any scrutiny, because they are people with feelings (unlike those of the right) and we have plenty of $$$'s to throw away anyhow, open the borders to the Religion of Peace, and shut down big businesses because they have never contributed anything, nor helped the Government to the country, AND HE WILL STALK YOU, and back the odd roughy. 
[/QUOTE]

Not true, I have no time for welfare or any other cheats. If welfare fraud is allowed to happen I pay more to help cover the cost of your mates private jet and helicopter charters to Grand Finals polo matches New Years eve gigs, weddings, book signings and to buy investment properties(I pay twice with that one) So why would I support fraud? 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:31am

I think you will find that the Welfare thieves have it all over the pollies lurks when it comes to actual $$$'s aa - like to the tune of billions!Disapprove ... Whale is the stats man of the moment, maybe he can clarify it, and give us a quick update on his tipping strike rate and POT (he's doing OK lately!Thumbs Up)

Bronny spent (abused taxpayers) $1.5 million over 3 years. that alone could pay for the blue mountains and sydney security measures.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Bronny spent (abused taxpayers) $1.5 million over 3 years. that alone could pay for the blue mountains and sydney security measures.

Why would you make numbers like that up ... it only serves to make you seem biased cabo!LOL

Bronnie has voluntarily paid back every cent that she stole, about $5,000 dollars doesn't pay for ONE sub branches security on ANZAC Day.

With the hand wringers in their corner calling for lenience and crying "Don't Pay, Unfair" on their behalf, and only after being hounded and threatened with litigation, the UNAUSTRALIAN Welfare Thieves have repaid only a minor percentage of what they stole, and we have banked $300,000,000 in 6 months!

That would pay the security for an ANZAC March in Syria!

... but lets not tell the story in a way, that is not sensationalising or totally misleading ...  Wink

Centrelink: Social Services Minister Christian Porter defends debt recovery system

Social Services Minister Christian Porter has defended the Federal Government's new debt recovery system by Centrelink following claims some people have been mistakenly targeted.

Labor has cited incorrect findings in calling on the Government to suspend the system, which cross references employment data from the Australian Tax Office and Centrelink.

But Mr Porter said the system was working, citing a low complaint rate in response to the 169,000 letters sent out since July.

Some recipients are required to supply paperwork from up to five years ago, but Mr Porter said that applied to a "very small number" of people.

He added that the system had recovered $300 million since the start of the financial year.

Yet another LNP Success Story, Making Australia Great Again!Clap

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:25am
Well that should pay for a few marches, if the pollies dont get their hands on it first. Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 11:31am
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 11:45am
best add ever?Clap  

"Where'd you get those? ... Fyshwick!"LOL 

... didn't realise the Foti's were Chinese
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 11:47am
... shame the pork people didn't run that add - would have cut the cast numbers considerablyWink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 11:53am
Oooops! ... my mistake! ... upon a second viewing, there was on victim class blatantly unrepresented!!!Cry

Oh well, that's the end of that, the SJW's will ensure that this piece of racist propaganda is banned and never seen again!Unhappy
Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Sorry Passing Through, I didn't see that question. I don't live on this forum.

I agree that youth and young adults are more likely to commit crime. Here's what I've found comparing Sudanese youth crime with general youth crime;

Current Victoria Police data suggests that young people born in Sudan are nearly five times
more likely to be processed as alleged offenders than other young people.

In 2011-12, 1.18% (342 out of 28,779) of alleged offenders aged between 10-24 years were born in Sudan. Yet 2011 census data reveals that 0.23% (1648 out of 720,446) of young people aged 15-24 years in Victoria were born in Sudan, making them over-represented in police statistics in terms of their population.

This is further reinforced by Jesuit Social Service, which analysis suggests that during 2010-2011, 338 out of the 2,898 young Sudanese migrants living in Victoria were processed by the Victorian Police, making a Sudanese migrant 6.8 times more likely to be processed by police compared to other young people.

Similarly, Youth Justice (DHS) data for 2011-12 reveals that 2.14% (30 out of 1403) of young
people on custodial or community orders were of Sudanese background, making them
over nine times more likely to be in the Youth Justice system than their population in
Victoria might suggest.

http://www.cmy.net.au/sites/default/files/publication-documents/Fair_and_Accurate_1.pdf

See pages 12 & 13 of the report. The above statistics came from, of all places, the Center For Multicultural Youth.

There goes another excuse. What's next?

Phazeal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phazeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:44am

About 10 years back I had to write an essay for a girlfriend doing immigration law, and had to read through all the international/domestic law stuff about immigrants/asylum seekers/refugees etc, and different approaches around the world at the time etc, and the only thing I can remember about it is that it seemed glaringly obvious to me that, for all the ins and outs, if people join the Australian community coming from extremely different cultures and extremely traumatic life experiences then there must be a structure in place (preferably NGO organisations supported by government) that helps these people to adapt to the new culture and heal their psychological wounds as best they can. I don't mean some cheesy vow to adopt "Australian values" (whatever they are) or some compulsory 1 hour a month counselling service - I mean real people living here meeting with the real people coming here and explaining Australia to them; our way of thinking, our culture, how to get around a supermarket, how to get education and a job etc. This would be good for everyone - the people coming here who naturally tend to form into like-minded groups (including gangs etc) and the people of the community that they are moving into.

That sounds good to me, Stayer, but you won't find it on the agenda of either side of our impotent, centrist political landscape. Plonking for that pushes the vote needle 2% in the wrong direction resulting in a landslide loss. The game has lost all principle and is all about winning. That would be fine if winning empowered the winner to execute some policy, but they just hunker down for the ride and the extra pay and hope the opponent gets caught fiddling his books or his secretary. That sort of environment is perfect for fearmongering, kind of like mould in a damp bathroom.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Phazeal Phazeal wrote:

About 10 years back I had to write an essay for a girlfriend doing immigration law, and had to read through all the international/domestic law stuff about immigrants/asylum seekers/refugees etc, and different approaches around the world at the time etc, and the only thing I can remember about it is that it seemed glaringly obvious to me that, for all the ins and outs, if people join the Australian community coming from extremely different cultures and extremely traumatic life experiences then there must be a structure in place (preferably NGO organisations supported by government) that helps these people to adapt to the new culture and heal their psychological wounds as best they can. I don't mean some cheesy vow to adopt "Australian values" (whatever they are) or some compulsory 1 hour a month counselling service - I mean real people living here meeting with the real people coming here and explaining Australia to them; our way of thinking, our culture, how to get around a supermarket, how to get education and a job etc. This would be good for everyone - the people coming here who naturally tend to form into like-minded groups (including gangs etc) and the people of the community that they are moving into.

That sounds good to me, Stayer, but you won't find it on the agenda of either side of our impotent, centrist political landscape. Plonking for that pushes the vote needle 2% in the wrong direction resulting in a landslide loss. The game has lost all principle and is all about winning. That would be fine if winning empowered the winner to execute some policy, but they just hunker down for the ride and the extra pay and hope the opponent gets caught fiddling his books or his secretary. That sort of environment is perfect for fearmongering, kind of like mould in a damp bathroom.

Plenty of community and particularly church organisations do just that, members of my family are volunteers. A family arriving in the community(usually arranged by an organisation within the networks) is approached and offered free services by volunteers who help them organise kids into schools offer reading and writing and speech help, take people shopping, help them find work, help with child minding while parents look for work or attend appointments or meetings, show them how to bank and pay bills most of the basic stuff. In most cases they get no assistance from govts on any level. The type of groups are the same ones a couple of years ago when Abbott said he would settle 12,000 Syrians approached govt to sponsor thousands more if Abbott would accept more...up to 30,000. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 77>
  Share Topic