Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The refugee crisis..??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 5:42pm
That's what I thought when I was 40 ... also thought it when I was 20 ... not quite sure when I realised I was still on L Plates ... not all that long ago I reckon ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

which version?

the newer one is pretty lurid compared with the original...

I've only seen the modern one, didn't know there was an original, the one I saw is directed by an aussie from memory..seriously dark film..
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 10:51pm
The Picture of Dorian Gray is a 1945 American horror-drama filmbased on Oscar Wilde's 1890 novel of the same name. Released in March 1945 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, the film is directed byAlbert Lewin and stars George Sanders as Lord Henry Wotton andHurd Hatfield as Dorian Gray. Shot primarily in black-and-white, the film features four inserts in 3-strip Technicolor of Dorian's portrait as a special effect (the first two of his portrait's original state, and the second two after a major period of degeneration).
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:29pm
Good movie JJ ,IMO,..watched it a couple of times on fox Tcm,only seen the original...Oscar Wilde brilliant mind.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:52am
So did it remind you of Subby ??   Confused
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

That's what I thought when I was 40 ... also thought it when I was 20 ... not quite sure when I realised I was still on L Plates ... not all that long ago I reckon ...

Im in my 83rd year and still On L plates.        Getting worse I think .

I am sure I performed better long ago when I could use both hands.

<b
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 1:25am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

So did it remind you of Subby ??   Confused

Out of sight, out of mind,..you know that AA..lol
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 10:51am

Where did Islamic State come from, and what does it really want?

By Eleri Mai Harris

Updated 6 Jun 2016, 8:30am

Illustration of a building exploding, and panicked people in the streets
Narrator: &quot;On Sunday, January 10 2016, the United States military blew up a building full of money in the Iraqi city of Mosul. A building full of money.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;The bombing was the first attack of its kind by the US on Islamic State.&quot;
Illustration of bank notes floating through clouds of smoke. Narrator: &quot;It was a financial attack.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;The kind of attack you make when youre trying to disable the functions of a state.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;So is Islamic State an actual state now? And who are these guys anyway?&quot;. Illustrated text: &quot;So what do they want?&quot;
Illustrated title: &quot;Islamic State&quot;. Illustrated credit: &quot;By Eleri Mai Harris&quot;.

Illustration of groups of Islamic State members holding guns; riding aboard vehicles; preparing to execute a prisoner. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi: &quot;You used to be prouder than the stars, and you have become downtrodden under the feet of the invaders and under the hooves of the usurpers horses...&quot;
Illustrated portrait of Abu Musab al-Zarquawi (from Jordan). Narrator: &quot;The approximately six million citizens of Islamic State owe their present situation to this Bedouin ruffian, jihadist and ex-jailbird.&quot;
Illustration of a younger al-Zarqawi with mujahedin members. Narrator: &quot;al-Zarqawi was radicalised in the 1980s when he fought with Osama bin Ladens mujahedin against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.&quot;
Illustration of a Taliban training camp. Narrator: &quot;At the dawn of the new millenium, al-Zarqawi was building training camps for jihadists with Al Qaeda and the Taliban.&quot;
Illustration of jihadists preparing to attack helicopters. Narrator: &quot;He was ready to fight the infidels when the war in Afghanistan began in 2002.&quot;
Map of the Middle East, depicting movement from Afghanistan to Iraq. Narrator: &quot;Once the Taliban fell, he crossed into Iran, then Iraq.&quot;
Illustration of then-US Secretary of State Colin Powell giving a speech to the United Nations Security Council on 3 February 2003. Powell: &quot;Iraq today harbours a deadly terrorist network headed by Abu Musab Zarqawi, an associate and collaborator of Osama bin Laden and his Al Qaeda lieutenants.&quot;
Illustrations of the US-led coalition operations in Iraq, and coalition flags.
Illustrations of the US-led coalition operations in Iraq, and the Iraqi flag.

Illustration of patrolling US soldiers with a chopper flying overhead. Narrator: &quot;Powells incorrect claim that al-Zarqawi was the missing link between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein was partly used to justify the US-led invasion of Iraq.&quot;
Illustration of destroyed buildings and affected citizens. Narrator: &quot;The subsequent occupation saw the deaths of up to a million Iraqis and widespread destruction, which generated support for al-Zarqawis crew of disenfranchised and alienated Muslim dissidents.&quot;
Illustration of disenfranchised Iraqi people. Illustration of a US wanted poster for al-Zarqawi, with a reward for $25 million USD. Narrator: &quot;Newly unemployed and mostly Sunni Muslim Iraqi soldiers had lost their country to both foreign invaders and Nouri al-Malikis unpopular Shiite regime. al-Zarqawis cause had broad appeal.&quot;
al-Zarqawi: &quot;O young Islamic man in Iraq and in all Muslim countries...&quot; (cont.)
al-Zarqawi: &quot;...you who are perplexed and seeking life, you who yearn to come to the aid of the religion of Allah, you who offer your life to your lord...&quot; (cont.)
al-Zarqawi: &quot;...here is guidance to the right path. here is wisdom and probity, here is the ecstasy of self-sacrifice and the pleasure of Jihad.&quot;
Illustration of Al Qaeda soldiers mistreating a hostage. Narrator: &quot;The thing about al-Zarqawi is that even Al Qaedas high-ups thought he was a bit brutal.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;His philisophy was rooted in an ultra-conservative form of Wahhabism, a fundamentalist branch of Sunni Islam&quot;. Illustration of different classifications of Muslim (according to al-Zaqawi), labelling Shiite and secular Muslims as apostates, and Yazidi as infidels. Narrator: &quot;He advocated the killing of apostates - Muslims who do not follow the true form of Islam.&quot;
Illustration of al-Zarqari, speaking on 18 May 2005. al-Zarqawi: &quot;The shedding of Muslim blood... is allowed in order to avoid the greater evil of disrupting Jihad.&quot;

Illustrations of a US aircraft firing a missile; soldiers inspecting the rubble of a destroyed building; al-Zarqaqis face with eyes closed. Narrator: &quot;In 2006 the US killed Ab Musab al-Zarqawi.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;He was succeeded by a new kind of leader...Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi&quot;. Illustration of al-Baghdadi along with his credentials: Phd. Islamic Culture and History; &quot;the invisible Sheik; Prisoner at USs Camp Bucca, Feb-Dec 2004; Quraysh tribe (the trube of Mohammed).
Illustration of newly re-branded Islamic State soldiers. Narrator: &quot;It was al-Baghdadi who changed their name form Al Qaeda in Iraq to Islamic State in Iraq.&quot;
Illustrations of popular social network logos and bullets. Narrator: &quot;In 2011, the Syrian civil war broke out and the US withdrew troops from Iraq, offering new opportunities to savvy jihadists.&quot;
Illustration depicting internal conflict between Al Qaeda factions. Narrator: &quot;After a power struggle featuring Syrian jihadists Jabhat al-Nusra, Islamic State split from Al Qaeda.&quot;
Illustration of a member of Al Qaeda facing off against a member of Islamic State. Narrator: &quot;It wasnt amicable.&quot;
Illustration of the Black Standard (a flag used by both Al Qaeda and Islamic State) flying above a city.
Narrator: &quot;But their goals have always differed.&quot;
Illustration of US soldiers boarding a helicopter.
Illustration of a blown-up US vehicle, a suicide bomber exploding and the death of US soldiers, while others face off against Al Qaeda soldiers. Narrator: &quot;Al Qaeda is fighting to rouse the Muslim world and force western countries, like the US, to pull out of the Middle East.&quot;
Illustration of Al Qaeda soldiers and vehicles facing off against US soldiers. Narrator: &quot;They want to unify the entire jihadist movement under their global objectives and target infidels.&quot;

Illustration of Islamic State (IS) forces chasing other Muslims. Narrator: &quot;IS wants to build a state or caliphate, purify and expand it.&quot;
Illustration of Muslims running from Islamic State forces. Narrator: &quot;It believes that killing other Muslims is just part of achieving its goals. It opposes other jihadists who dont share its vision.&quot;
Map showing the location of the bulk of the worlds Muslim polulation of 1.6 billion people (North Africa, the Middle East and Indonesia. Narrator: &quot;In Sunni Islam, a caliphate is a form of Islamic government led by a caliph, whi is, during his reign, a consensually elected leader of the WHOLE MUSLIM WORLD.&quot;
Illustration of a tree. Narrator: &quot;Shiite Muslims believe a caliph should be appointed by God and be from Ahl al-Bayt, the Family of the House, a.k.a. Mohammeds direct descendants.&quot;
Illustration of al-Baghdadi giving a speech through a microphone. Narrator: &quot;So when on 29 June 2014, Baghdadi, a Sunni fundamentalist from the Quraysh tribe - the tribe of Mohammed - declared himself caliph of the Islamic State, it was a big deal.&quot;
Illustration of an angelic-looking prophet sharing a vision of the future, filled with fire and death. Narrator: &quot;This caliphate can be seen as part of a wider prophetic plan for islamic State, who believe the APOCALYPSE is currently underway.&quot;
Illustration of panic in the streets in Syria, and a book containing prophetic words of Mohammed: &quot;The last hour would not come until the Romans land at al-Aimaq or in Dabiq an army consisting of the best people of the earth at that tiime will come from Medina (to counteract them) - Abi-hurrayra hadith&quot;. Narrator: &quot;That the conflict in Syria is a battle between the forces of God and his enemies.&quot;
Map showing the location of Dabiq in Syria, and its relative position to Jerusalem. Narrator: &quot;IS already controls Dabiq.&quot;

Illustration of US forces facing off against IS forces, the leader of which is depicted as Dajall. Narrator (relaying the prophesy): &quot;The Romans, led by the anti-messiah, Dajjal, who will be from Khorasan in Iran, will nearly defeat the true believers.&quot;
Illustration of IS forces facing off against US forces, depicting Jesus supporting them from above. Narrator (relaying the prophesy): &quot;Just as Dajaal is about to destroy them in the Holy City of Jerusalem, Jesus will return to Earth, spear Dajaal and lead the Muslims to victory.&quot;
Map showing the scale or the combined land mass of Syria and Iraq. Narrator: &quot;But for now, Islamic State is dealing with the realities of running an occupied area the size of Britain, with an estimated six million residents.&quot;
Illustrations of coins, police, school children and a judge. Narrator: &quot;They have an official currency, police, schoools and a judiciary.&quot;
Narrator: &quot;And the 1933 Montevideo Convention of the Rights and Duties of The State defines a state as having: 1) Territory, 2) Population, 3) Political authority.&quot;
Illustration of unhappy Muslim leaders. Narrator: &quot;But the vast majority of Muslims dont recognise either al-Baghdadi as a caliph or Islamic state as a country.&quot;
Illustration of Associate Professor Redget Shanahan, of The Lowy Institute. Shanahan: &quot;Nobody recognises Islamic State as a legitimate authority anywhere. Its a terrorist organisation, not a country, because it has no sovereignty.&quot;
Illustration of an IS member holding a weapon. Shanahan: &quot;Simply calling yourself a state doesnt make you a state.&quot;

Narrator: &quot;Islamic State CANT recognise other states because they recognise no power that purports to be higher than Gods&quot;.
Illlustration of a large group of IS members, listening intently to al-Baghdadis words from his podium. Narrator: &quot;But even as the West steps up its attacks, al-Baghdadi isnt deterred.&quot;
Illustration of al-Baghdadi speaking from his podium. al-Baghdadi: &quot;Dont worry O Muslims, your state is fine and expanding every day and with every harshness that comes upon it, it spits out the hypocrites and agents, and becomes more firm and strong.&quot;
Illustration of a street in an utterly destroyed city within Islamic State controlled territory.

References

Credits

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 10:58am
http://abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/where-did-is-come-from,-and-what-does-it-really-want/7369802

I can't get it right either Confused just have to copy/paste.

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Jul 2016 at 12:07pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:21pm
are you abetting Bondy, Gay?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 11:07am
Do you think i'm Bondy?LOLGhost Smiley
You need to broaden your horizens, read the message,  stop playing the man..........
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 11:09am
Put youe energies into being useful, not what you can get out of the system.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 1:15pm
  I noted Wilkie in one of his mad rants this morning , Blaming Howard for our involvement in the Iraaq war in 2003 .
  Hasn't the fool heard of the ANZUS pact .             >   We do as we are told in such matters in reality and we need the Great Americans more than they need us .

We can thank the School Teachers for teaching us our language and the USA for making sure  it isn't Japanese.

<b
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 2:09pm
Interesting piece IsaacThumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Do you think i'm Bondy?LOLGhost Smiley
You need to broaden your horizens, read the message,  stop playing the man..........

you can't post properly, just like Bondy....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 12:33am
But i pay for you to use medicare...........
Jujuno you are still missing the point..........LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:46pm
What goes round come round, Isaac.  I paid for years for others to front up to the Doc every week, every time they got a runny nose or a splinter .
Now I get to go for free !  Finally !  Old age has to have SOME benefits Cry
However, i do think a small fee would stop a lot of time wasters who are a drain on the system .
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:52pm
The ALP's Marxist BLT left won't be happy until they can complain about the massive pubic hospital waiting lists for gender reassignment procedures ...
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 1:11am
You like saying "Marxist" don't you? A catch-all for clueless reactionaries who invarariably don't know what it means. Derp...derp...derp...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 7:19am
What, are you on about Judge?

Do you like the fact that the Marxist LBGTQIABLT Academic recruiters, have infiltrated our universities and have a program underway, designed to indoctrinate every level of our teaching systems with their agenda of State Control and destruction of the traditional family unit?

They have had the ALP by it's collective gender nonspecific genitalia for a long time now! ... and loving it! ...Wink
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:15am

"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:18pm

Do you like the fact that the Marxist LBGTQIABLT Academic recruiters, have infiltrated our universities and have a program underway, designed to indoctrinate every level of our teaching systems with their agenda of State Control and destruction of the traditional family unit?

They have had the ALP by it's collective gender nonspecific genitalia for a long time now! ... and loving it! ...Wink

Yes, because hetero families are deadset flying. No divorces or domestic violence issues at all.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Confused People that clap what Dr E just said.......deary me......
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:55pm
Subby

I support gay marriage but having known a number of kids who are the victims of divorce. I have zero doubt that a child needs the influence and role models of both sexes for their complete development

Also, with regards to marriage. Do you believe the church should be forced to marry same sex couples. Where will they get married?
thesherrif View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesherrif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

You like saying "Marxist" don't you? A catch-all for clueless reactionaries who invarariably don't know what it means. Derp...derp...derp...

haha    could be true   ?
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 2:49pm
being gay is good for the environment..

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:40pm
What's wrong with a registry office SITW,.plenty have been married there,..conjoined could be used instead of the word married.
..( no egg throwing now please)
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:53pm

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

<b
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Subby

I support gay marriage but having known a number of kids who are the victims of divorce. I have zero doubt that a child needs the influence and role models of both sexes for their complete development

Also, with regards to marriage. Do you believe the church should be forced to marry same sex couples. Where will they get married?

And you are entitled to that view. I just disagree with it.
I think there should be no religion, so I believe the church should have zero power in all facets of life.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 5:30pm
   Marry them with their heads in the sand Subby.

That way it wont be difficult to recognise the guests..

<b
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 77>
  Share Topic