Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The refugee crisis..??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Demolay Demolay wrote:

Russia is building bases in Syria, increasing their arms supplies, providing more technical support to the Assad regime, while the US and their idiot allies(Abbott) are arming the opposition and soon bombing within Syria, both with the pretext of fighting ISIL who is filling the vacuum this civil war/proxy superpower war is creating, but it is all about religion? Confused 

Sorry but who the refugees running from..??

isn't it ISIS they are fleeing from..??
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Russia is building bases in Syria, increasing their arms supplies, providing more technical support to the Assad regime, while the US and their idiot allies(Abbott) are arming the opposition and soon bombing within Syria, both with the pretext of fighting ISIL who is filling the vacuum this civil war/proxy superpower war is creating, but it is all about religion? Confused 

Sorry but who the refugees running from..??

isn't it ISIS they are fleeing from..??

According to Tony Abbott, the only problem there is ISIL, but that is for his political purpose. The civil war started in 2011, ISIL only entered the conversation in 2013. They are taking advantage of the situation there, not creating it. The civil war has killed an estimated 210,000 and probably more. Read this article.....

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:36am
Abbott certainly is a scoundrel with his "they're coming to get us all" routine.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:46am
Islam, in its present Pre- Enlightenment condition, is inherently and by definition incapable of recognising the separation of church and state and is thus incompatible with secular democracy.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:48am
Abbott getting more embarrassing by the minute...

and I really feel for you cafe-sitting latte-sippers, whose lifestyle is about to end...

try eating nothing for days, walking in 37 degree heat, to escape from possible death...

house prices through the roof in Australia...wealthy investors feathering already opulent nests...

then begrudge a better than miserable life to others...

inhuman...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Islam, in its present Pre- Enlightenment condition, is inherently and by definition incapable of recognising the separation of church and state and is thus incompatible with secular democracy.

I agree, but one must ask the question why would one devout Muslim want to live under a secular regime..?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:55am
The refugees from that region we should be taking are not Muslims.
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:56am
Someone wants Syrian Real Estate
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:57am

I agree, but one must ask the question why would one devout Muslim want to live under a secular regime..?

You'd wonder wouldn't you but many of them don't see any problem migrating to a secular democracy then complaining about most things secular and democratic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

for what..??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:02pm

You'd wonder wouldn't you but many of them don't see any problem migrating to a secular democracy then complaining about most things secular and democratic.

and that right there is what s h i tz most people off, the stupid thing for me is that the religion calls for complete faith, no where does it say it's okay to mingle and party on down with the Christians, Hindi's jews and atheists, yet most will willingly break their own religious rules that so they can live under secular roof, but quietly complain that it's not right, so not are they only being unfaithful to their religion, but they are hypocrites to boot.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:08pm
I can imagine the reception I'm going to get when I move to Saudi Arabia then tell them I don't respect their laws and their religion is a crock.
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:09pm

They can go to Germany and Turkey
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:11pm

They can go to Germany and Turkey

funny that they don't want to settle in Turkey, and funny that when refugees were coming here via the boats why did they not stop in Indonesia, there's no war going on there either..??

Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:11pm

for what..??

land is a resource. someone is expanding their country.
I will give you a hint. Its not Palestine.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:15pm

for what..??

land is a resource. someone is expanding their country.
I will give you a hint. Its not Palestine.

yes well we all know they are notorious for stealing land around them that's not rightly theirs, but again that all goes back to religion and the holy land blah blah bleh bleh...

Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:30pm
A more global geopolitical view might offer a clearer perspective of what is going on there
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 2:17pm

A more global geopolitical view might offer a clearer perspective of what is going on there

might..??

I seriously doubt it, religious conflict has been the mainstay in that region since the imaginary son of God rose from his imaginary death bed..Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 2:24pm

I can imagine the reception I'm going to get when I move to Saudi Arabia then tell them I don't respect their laws and their religion is a crock.

I'd imagine it would result in something to do with a large knife or axe, your head,.. and a plate..??

Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm
Its not a refugee crisis.
Its an Invasion.

Order by Chaos.

Syria is being slaughtered by Russia.

Fiddles, if you want to talk about religion, then talk about Communism.

How many Catholics in Hungary are currently murdering Syrian refugees??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 4:15pm

this blew my mind..

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 4:21pm
Deary me Fiddle, you couldn't give us a brief overview could you? 1 1/2hrs..................I've got stuff to do & rarely have that long to spare unless it's rivetting Big smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 7:54pm
If you watch the first 1:50 you'll get an idea of what the documentary is about...pay particular attention to the captain who talks about children being raped and by who...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 8:04pm
Thanks Thumbs Up
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:46am
an extra 10,000 refugees, with a massive shortage of public housing in this country, I just wonder where on earth do they think they will house these people..?? Jobs are not a problem there's plenty of work, but where on earth are people supposed to live..??

Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:59am
Where will we house the 200,000 that will arrive this year under the normal immigration program?

Perhaps cut that by 10-20,000? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:02am

an extra 10,000 refugees, with a massive shortage of public housing in this country, I just wonder where on earth do they think they will house these people..?? Jobs are not a problem there's plenty of work, but where on earth are people supposed to live..??

Really ? I doubt too many of these people would slot into what jobs are available.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:08am
thousands of people holding candle light vigils for the boy who drowned off Turkey...what about the thousands of other children that have died needlessly, this is getting out of hand...the father should never had put those children in such a dangerous situation as a leaking gelatity blow up raft in rough seas, where he had no chance of looking after them all properly, did the lad even have a life jacket on..??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:09am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Really ? I doubt too many of these people would slot into what jobs are available.

okay then so you are happy for them to go on benefits...??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 10:13am

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

okay then so you are happy for them to go on benefits...??
In the short term at least they would need full assistance, including accomodation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
  Share Topic