Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The refugee crisis..??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Current estimates of global "displaced people" is in excess of 50 million...a figure that is growing rapidly day by day. Should Australia take all these people ? Obviously not...so what is an acceptable figure ?

You will never get a number out of the bleeding hearts for their generosity is boundless. But I propose a figure of 20 million- 20 million Muslims- that will make us all feel virtuous. I'll leave it to your children to deal with the consequences.Big smile
Thought we had already started Tizza
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What goes around comes around. Make no mistake about it. One day Australia will have people fleeing here as refugees. It might be in 10 years time .... it might be in 100 years time. It will happen and when it does I would love to be around to see the reaction of those that demonise and refuse entry to refugees today.

That's interesting Hollywood, just what do you see as the cause of this exactly..??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Solution : oh here ye refugee, try abandoning your religion forever, cast away ye old dark ages ideas and leave your cult for freedom, reward will be to live in peace as intelligent normal folk in a secular society where progressive ideas and science reins.

end simplistic view]

Whatever you think of the Assad regime, Syria is a secular state, they have progressive modern views compared to most of their neighbors and religion isn't a factor in daily life. They were considered lower middle income by world standards before this war. These refugees all carry iphones and laptops. 

They are escaping a prehistoric closed minded group trying to take that from them and the west who are promoting a civil war in their country. What are they supposed to do? You say they should go to Saudi Arabia? A country that is still in the dark ages and everything Syria is transitioning out of. SA also have a war of their own they are dealing with on their border Why would people cross through other countries to get there? 

The fact is that approx 4 million people have crossed borders to wait with their immediate neighbors till things settle down, if they ever do. Just like Europe in the 30's a number of people don't see things getting better and look for a better place to relocate their families. Who can blame them.

Our PM uses ISIL for his political advantage deeming them more evil than the nazis but telling people they shouldn't leave there, because we don't want them. Rather they should stay put and hope that ISIL or Australian bombs don't kill them 

Couple of things here, I never said they should go to Saudi, that would be the last place they should go, that place is a hell hole, and secondly Syria might well be a secular state by design but it's people are all mainly muslim, I see they all carry iphones and have nice hair and clothes and makeup etc, that really has nothing to do with this imo, my point is I always go back to the root core of these infinite problems, all these wars and conflicts are started with religious arguing back hundreds of years ago, it's been so long now that no one even remembers this..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:29am

Current estimates of global "displaced people" is in excess of 50 million...a figure that is growing rapidly day by day. Should Australia take all these people ? Obviously not...so what is an acceptable figure ?

You will never get a number out of the bleeding hearts for their generosity is boundless. But I propose a figure of 20 million- 20 million Muslims- that will make us all feel virtuous. I'll leave it to your children to deal with the consequences.Big smile

Ouch

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:53am

Solution : oh here ye refugee, try abandoning your religion forever, cast away ye old dark ages ideas and leave your cult for freedom, reward will be to live in peace as intelligent normal folk in a secular society where progressive ideas and science reins.

end simplistic view]

At a certain point you have to stand and fight for your country not run off to someone elses.

What kind of a freakingly ignorant comment is this??
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:55am

Very easy to be critical on this issue...much harder to put up acceptable alternatives. If we want an open border policy to help everyone else around the world...fine...however kiss good bye your current standard of living. Must have an impact...both financially & culturally. Plenty of suburbs in Sydney paying the penalty of poor cultural assimilation let me tell you. We should at least probably double our intake due to current global problems...question is will it ever get any better...just seems to move around from hotspot to hotspot. Will this be deemed "good enough" by those currently critical ?...I doubt it. The need will "always" be there to take more...& any argument against it will always look poor when the reality of a kid drowning at sea sea is put up. As for Shortens mob being critical of Abbott....deary me. What an absolute abomination of a performance they put in...short memories obviously...best just shut up on this issue !

What a surprise. You have somehow managed to make the issue about your standard of living......could you be any more selfish??
Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 11:17am

end simplistic view]

Can you explain how this conflict relates to religion?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 11:19am
Of course standard of living has to come into it otherwise we'll end up in as poor a state as those countries from whence the rufugees have fled Stern Smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Demolay Demolay wrote:

end simplistic view]

You don't know our fiddles very well, there is no evil under the sun that cannot be traced back to religion, he thinks. If only it was that simple. In reality, it is civil wars that produce most of the refugees, and unfortunately foreign countries interfering in civil wars does not seem to have helped any.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Of course standard of living has to come into it otherwise we'll end up in as poor a state as those countries from whence the rufugees have fled Stern Smile

Yes Gay......unlike some others on here.....one fellow in particular....we actually care about this place !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by Demolay Demolay wrote:

end simplistic view]

You don't know our fiddles very well, there is no evil under the sun that cannot be traced back to religion, he thinks. If only it was that simple. In reality, it is civil wars that produce most of the refugees, and unfortunately foreign countries interfering in civil wars does not seem to have helped any.

yes and those 'civil wars' have inevitably been about differences in religion...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:05pm

You don't know our fiddles very well, there is no evil under the sun that cannot be traced back to religion,

there are others, but most have been about or born from differences in religious beliefs..
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:07am

Yes Gay......unlike some others on here.....one fellow in particular....we actually care about this place !

Ha, in other words, I have a great life, stuff everyone else. It's their fault they were born in Syria and not Australia.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:08am

Please explain how the 216 refugees we have currently taken in from Syria will impact your life Gay?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:10am

On this, you are implying that refugees are incapable of being anything other than mooches on our society and welfare system. Is that fair?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:09am
Lot of things in life are "not fair" Subby...you of all people should realise that.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Please explain how the 216 refugees we have currently taken in from Syria will impact your life Gay?
You are correct Subby...in isolation the 216 have probably had very little impact. However, we have taken a lot of refugees from this troubled area over the last 20 years or so. For example, 80,000 plus from Iraq. In broad brush terms, our population is growing at 2% per year...with less than 50% of this being the result from natural growth. The other 50% plus is from net migration. So over the last 10 years alone we have increased our population with a ball park increase of 4 million people...of which over half is due to net migration...many of which would require substantial assistance. My point being this must be having an impact on our standard of living. I am not suggesting we do not continue...or even increase it...I am merely pointing it out that it does come at a financial cost to all of us.. The cultural impact is another whole story.   
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:44pm

You don't know our fiddles very well, there is no evil under the sun that cannot be traced back to religion,

there are others, but most have been about or born from differences in religious beliefs

This is why Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban doesnt want them.
I also learnt today that he was simply abiding by the Schengen Agreement, so my thread shaming Hungary was completely wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 8:44am
How are these European countries going to cope with huge intakes of 5 a day muslims as far as jobs go..??

they are already under huge unemployment strains with some places reaching nearly 50%..

Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 9:58am
They wont cope.
Its Order by Chaos.

And look at Russia, already in Syria to commit mass genocide.
Its full on Communism.
Somebody wants Syrian real estate.
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:00am
I wonder which nearby nation wants Syrian real estate?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:03am
What's most ridiculous about this apart from ISIS being a band of religious nut bags is that they number so small yet are so powerful they can move entire nations by foot to move to one place to another just by fear... the best way to beat those sick lot is to penetrate from the inside, never in a million years will they beat them from the outer, they are like onion weed..
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:03am
Lets just blame Isis Confused

Funny how Isis is apparently destroying Muslim monuments in Syria ??
Something aint adding up.
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:08am
Fiddles, we are being had.

Russia is inside Syria, allied with a nearby nation I wont name, and committing genocide in Syria, and Muslim Syrians are scampering to Europe.

Strange that, I thought Isis were Muslims?
Why are the refugees predominately Muslims??

Mmmmm
Fletch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:12am
Oh, massive Muslim prayer services in Budapest.
Huh?? Isis wants them out of Syria???? Huh??

Maybe someone else wants them out of Syria. Mmmmmmm, wonder who.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

Fiddles, we are being had.

Russia is inside Syria, allied with a nearby nation I wont name, and committing genocide in Syria, and Muslim Syrians are scampering to Europe.

Strange that, I thought Isis were Muslims?
Why are the refugees predominately Muslims??

Mmmmm

Because ISIS is fractionally splitting the religion to make enemies out of other muslims by calling out text in the koran claiming other muslims are wrong, correct me if I'm wrong but ISIS are claiming gelatie Muslim text as the true word of God and anyone who is not in agreeance, (other muslims included) is rewarded with death...in other words idiots with bibles and korans still trying to interpret dark ages nonsense in 2015..Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:19am
LMOA..the swear filter changed S H I T E to gelatie...!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

I wonder which nearby nation wants Syrian real estate?

I don't know about anything there that anyone wants except the usual oil or gems etc, but that whole region you may as well put a huge red line through it, because of it's ancient dark ages ties to religion in that area it is forever lost to conflict and war... for as long as people cling onto those ridiculous notions the area is lost to conflict FOREVER..

can you ever imagine a series of Observatories or Scientific based communities and organizations popping up in that area, no the best thing now is to contain all the idiots there and put a huge barbed wire fence around those who have a make believe friend they call God and call it a day..

Demolay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demolay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:05am
Russia is building bases in Syria, increasing their arms supplies, providing more technical support to the Assad regime, while the US and their idiot allies(Abbott) are arming the opposition and soon bombing within Syria, both with the pretext of fighting ISIL who is filling the vacuum this civil war/proxy superpower war is creating, but it is all about religion? Confused 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:08am
Fiddles is possessed by Satan, imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 77>
  Share Topic