Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

THE POSTAL VOTE/POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 158>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

When the new laws come in, criticizing gay marriage will become a "hate crime", and people like macca will be sentenced to supervised sessions of compulsory slide slows of gay couples kissing, cuddling, and fondling. Repeat offenders will be made to watch more explicit scenes that make them go " Ewwww...."

Huge fines in Canada if you say boo about same sex bonkers.
Freedom of speech is gone over there .   England just had a man gaoled for 12 months for writing ( we need to kill all Muslims )
Ok for Muslims to preach their intentions.

Gold when some say , "I know a gay couple ".   That doesn't make them Normal.      OR    Other Animals do it. Good for them.
   Most objections are all about re defining Marriage.    If they want to bonk a hole in a wall = go for it,    but leave traditional Marriage alone.
Deviates are deviates whatever their choice of abnormal sexual behaviour is.

you are more of a deviate than them, poor Macca, the product of a different , ignorant time, can't change and doesn't want to because as you "jokingly " say you are an authority on everything.

speaking statistically they do deviate from the norm. but they are not deviates in the way you mean

Don't waste time on past disagreements, find new ones to fight over
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm
It's a funny old world, I recall a persistent theory I heard from a few people over time, that the rise of assertiveness of females, with the women's liberation movement, "was turning blokes gay". Remarkable !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

When the new laws come in, criticizing gay marriage will become a "hate crime", and people like macca will be sentenced to supervised sessions of compulsory slide slows of gay couples kissing, cuddling, and fondling. Repeat offenders will be made to watch more explicit scenes that make them go " Ewwww...."

Huge fines in Canada if you say boo about same sex bonkers.
Freedom of speech is gone over there .   England just had a man gaoled for 12 months for writing ( we need to kill all Muslims )
Ok for Muslims to preach their intentions.

Gold when some say , "I know a gay couple ".   That doesn't make them Normal.      OR    Other Animals do it. Good for them.
   Most objections are all about re defining Marriage.    If they want to bonk a hole in a wall = go for it,    but leave traditional Marriage alone.
Deviates are deviates whatever their choice of abnormal sexual behaviour is.

you are more of a deviate than them, poor Macca, the product of a different , ignorant time, can't change and doesn't want to because as you "jokingly " say you are an authority on everything.

speaking statistically they do deviate from the norm. but they are not deviates in the way you mean

As usual you are the only one right.    You answered your own =
       ( THEY DO DEVIATE FROM THE NORM )
Need I say more.
AMERICA, AUSTRALIA & NZ our flags and our cultures offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

<
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:46pm

It's a funny old world, I recall a persistent theory I heard from a few people over time, that the rise of assertiveness of females, with the women's liberation movement, "was turning blokes gay". Remarkable !

The Lesbians are stealing the crumpet.    
AMERICA, AUSTRALIA & NZ our flags and our cultures offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

<
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm
Sexual attraction is a delicate thing, even within one's "orientation". That is especially true of women, who sometimes warm to a man, after feeling "nothing" for them, despite knowing them for years. The key word is, "feelings". Can we be too critical of people who have similar feelings for persons of the same sex ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:02pm

The Lesbians are stealing the crumpet.    

I think the complaint was more to do with who should be dominant in a partnership, where once men were, seemingly, though even then, many women were adept at letting blokes think they were "boss", but really were not. Of course in any partnership, it should be a complementary arrangement.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:08pm

Sexual attraction is a delicate thing, even within one's "orientation". That is especially true of women, who sometimes warm to a man, after feeling "nothing" for them, despite knowing them for years. The key word is, "feelings". Can we be too critical of people who have similar feelings for persons of the same sex ?

I wouldn't think so, but when they want to use those feelings to redefine and over rule natures "Norm" it is unacceptable.
That is what a YES vote will do.

It's QUEER .   and that's what they will always be.

Delicate was the right word you used and the line between what will be accepted and what is criminal is a fine line.
Lets face it , most normal people do give the abnormal a "wide berth".

<
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:10pm
Yes Australian democracy evolved to give woman the vote and did it very early as well. We were amongst the first if not the first Nation to do it. Which is exactly what should've happened given woman were at least half the population. Marriage has been a union between a man and a woman for all of our history. It's changing this to accomodate a tiny minority that I'm struggling to agree with.                                                 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:24pm
You have to divorce(?) visceral distaste of homosexual acts, from the SSM debate, but even allowing that the fullest expression of feelings that exist between people of same sex, limited as they are by anatomical constraints, are not to be denied any consenting adult, it still is not a matter that supports "marriage" being the home for it. If incest is forbidden because it has adverse procreational implications, gay marriage is an anomaly because it does not partake of the procreational possibilities that at centre, were the real origin of marriage.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Yes Australian democracy evolved to give woman the vote and did it very early as well. We were amongst the first if not the first Nation to do it. Which is exactly what should've happened given woman were at least half the population. Marriage has been a union between a man and a woman for all of our history. It's changing this to accomodate a tiny minority that I'm struggling to agree with.                                                 

I couldn't agree more Baguette.     Stay with that.

John Howard saw this coming years ago and legislated = Marriage is between Man and Woman and excludes all others.

I don't see a need for anything other than a " Civic Union " to meet the needs of that small minority .      Problem is they expect to be allowed to preach their way is the highway.    To do that they are now attempting to redefine the word Marriage.

<
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:32pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:40pm
I apply the lawyer test, anything that puts more money into their coffers, is dubious at best, and this certainly promises to be a gift that keeps on giving, for them.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:54pm

John Howard saw this coming years ago and legislated = Marriage is between Man and Woman and excludes all others.

I don't see a need for anything other than a " Civic Union " to meet the needs of that small minority .      Problem is they expect to be allowed to preach their way is the highway.    To do that they are now attempting to redefine the word Marriage.

They way a nation treats a tiny minority is the way you tell if it is a civilization or not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:14pm
Does the "gay panic defence" still have currency in any Australian criminal justice jurisdiction ? You'd hope not, it has an egregious history that should have legislators hanging their heads in shame. The scoundrels and their lawyers, who have used it to escape justice, have weighed on my mind for years, because it has a history of being successful. What sort of justice system entertains such a travesty, that taps into homophobia, with the odds of one or two being on a jury quite high.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:34pm

Does the "gay panic defence" still have currency in any Australian criminal justice jurisdiction ? You'd hope not, it has an egregious history that should have legislators hanging their heads in shame. The scoundrels and their lawyers, who have used it to escape justice, have weighed on my mind for years, because it has a history of being successful. What sort of justice system entertains such a travesty, that taps into homophobia, with the odds of one or two being on a jury quite high.

Still works a treat in South Australia. Queensland got rid of it this year.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:52pm
Another disgrace is the defence of verbal provocation by women murdered by their partner, that have been successfully used by defence lawyers. Despite there being no evidence it even happened, except the word of the offender. Something that a judge should dismiss in an instant. And even if it could be shown to have happened, imo.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

They way a nation treats a tiny minority is the way you tell if it is a civilization or not.
Yep, no question whatsoever that Australia leads the world in caring for and respecting minorities ... but we're not stupid enough to let them run the joint ... are we? 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:30am

Agree Baguette. I think the trial "to give women the vote" is just about sorted. It is still a trial isn't it ?
TBV Statistical Analyst
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
I am having trouble getting my head around the idea the we will soon gave gay marriage sanctioned by law, but also a criminal defence of "gay panic" used as an excuse to assault or murder people, still on some statute books ? What sort of a lunatic asylum is this ?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:46am
I don't know the source of this FB post but find it interesting Smile

Be very clear that you know what you are voting on.
The postal survey is NOT about the Safe School's Program. That anti bullying Program will be taught in schools should the Federal or State Governments endorse and fund it, regardless of the postal survey result.
The postal survey is not about children. Gay couples can adopt, foster, use IVF or a surrogate to have children now. The postal survey result will not change that.
The postal survey has no effect on religious freedoms. Churches have always been able to determine who they marry and who they don't and will continue to do so.
The postal survey does not challenge "traditional marriage" as there is no such thing. Marriage has constantly evolved over the years. The Bible allowed women to be forcibly married to their rapists or the man who enslaved them. It also endorsed polygamy and child brides. Women used to be traded for a better social standing in society or for money, tools and weapons. Until 1957, a man could marry a 12 year old girl in Australia or a woman could marry a 14 year old boy. A century ago, people of colour could not marry white people. Same sex marriage is just the latest evolution.
The postal survey will not affect freedom of speech. Recent debate has gone far beyond "free speech" and has become "hate speech." That is and will always be illegal.
The "No" campaign has used deliberate lies and unrelated issues to confuse people into thinking the postal survey has far reaching implications. It does not.
You are voting to grant the same respect, dignity, legal recognition and next of kin status to same sex couples; the same thing opposite sex couples have now. Nothing more than that. If you believe gay people deserve the same rights as everyone else, you will vote "Yes."
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:07pm
Sounds like something the Taliban would circulate.

Our Laws state Marriage is between Man & Woman and excludes all others.
Moved in Parliament in 2004 when the then PM smelt a rat.
The statement about 12 year old girls in Australia , marrying until 1957, is a definite false statement.
   This YES campaign is anything goes for the Yes but NO voters are Bigots .     .   Proof is the attack on a Lady Doctor who suggested a NO vote .     Dr Phelps who is a feathery leg has been pro homosexuality for years and became president of the AMA.
     Leave the word Marriage alone and few would object.
HIV will continue to increase and we encourage the cause when we vote YES. -----        It's a NO NO from me .    

<
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
Interesting to note how that post is constructed gay. it tries to separate religion from the argument. but then quotes the bible on the history of religious marriage. its why i say, no matter how you slice this...religion does have something to do with the debate.

and whilst it attempts to show that marriage has undergone change over thousands of years by using biblical references...note that their has never been a biblical or historical change from the principle definition of marriage - male/female.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:25pm

Sounds like something the Taliban would circulate.

Our Laws state Marriage is between Man & Woman and excludes all others.
Moved in Parliament in 2004 when the then PM smelt a rat.
The statement about 12 year old girls in Australia , marrying until 1957, is a definite false statement.
   This YES campaign is anything goes for the Yes but NO voters are Bigots .     .   Proof is the attack on a Lady Doctor who suggested a NO vote .     Dr Phelps who is a feathery leg has been pro homosexuality for years and became president of the AMA.
     Leave the word Marriage alone and few would object.
HIV will continue to increase and we encourage the cause when we vote YES. -----        It's a NO NO from me .    

not all NO voters are homophobes, no doubt about you though.  How will a YES vote increase HIV, do you think a YES vote will turn millions of heteros Confused
Apart from that the treatment is improving all the time, HIV rates are decreasing
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:37pm
HELLO ...   Someone pulled the chain ..     The shxt house, Whale is working again.
-----------
HIV continues to increase among Gay men.
Progression to full blown aids has been slowed down big time but don't dream or mislead by suggesting there is a cure out there.
STOP peddling false info.
----
Australia's HIV infection rates at 20-year high
the conversation.com/australias-hiv-infection-rates-at-20-year-high...

The rate of newly diagnosed HIV infections in Australia has risen by 10% in 12 months – the largest increase in 20 years, a new report shows.

<
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:43pm
But goose you associated or insinuated the increase will happen to a greater extent with a YES vote. You are entitled to your outdated ,1950 opinion of gays but fortunately dinosaurs like you have no influence in modern society. Knock yourself out on TBV though Wink
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:45pm
One thing I can state with a fair amount of certainty- getting married doesn't lead to more sex.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:53pm
Remember back in the day before seat belts and bucket seats in car......when couples in the first bloom of romance, would sit so close together on the then standard bench seat, they appeared to unite into a single entity, or be Siamese twins. I guess a scientist with a set of calipers could have used the degree of separation to predict how the relationship was progressing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

One thing I can state with a fair amount of certainty- getting married doesn't lead to more sex.

You have heard the story of the bottle of beans, Judge.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

True JH ...     medical Science states, the best way to stop your lady friend from having sex is to marry her.

<
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 12:57pm

Remember back in the day before seat belts and bucket seats in car......when couples in the first bloom of romance, would sit so close together on the then standard bench seat, they appeared to unite into a single entity, or be Siamese twins. I guess a scientist with a set of calipers could have used the degree of separation to predict how the relationship was progressing.

i sure do. dad would turn the corner in our fairlane...and with no seat belt on and a bench seat..he would end up over on the passenger side next to me whilst still trying to steer the car around the bend. Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 158>
  Share Topic