Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Lindsey Smith Warrnambool experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Bob Peters uses trainers who use sand as their training base.

Softy why do you argue when you dont know what you are talking about?

Can you name the top five WA trainers Bob Peters use?
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:00am
People are finding it hard to just give credit we’re its due! The guy is a good horse trainer! He has been doing it for many many years. But do not let truth get in the way of a good fairy tale.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:12am
Is he actually training though?
I find it hard to believe he can train a bunch of horses in victoria when he lives in WA

Has to have someone doing the work for him.

IE. Darren Weir’s Ex foreman

Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:44am
The truth is.

The WRC lost rent on the stables at Warrnambool when Weir got outed. He owned the sheds but not the land. The WRC had all their eggs in one basket with Weir because of that, the deal they had going with RV regarding the rebate they received from his Bool based runners, and the morning track work fees he paid to the club (50% less than the locals paid). Weir tried to get McLean into his stables (pushed by the WRC) but the Stewards knocked it back. Then, Maddie Raymond, Weirs Warrnambool stable rep who was employed during the thick of Weirs “halcyon” days applied for her trainers license, only to be told by RV Stewards that her application wouldn’t be considered unless she distanced herself from J.Mclean for 6months who she was working for at the time. Obviously Weir couldn’t wait that long so he did a deal with his mate form WA to take over his Warrnambool stables. The WRC has a tenant, and Weir now has a puppet trainer to take on his pre trainers. Oh, and by the way, if his new Warrnambool tenant has trouble with any of his stock not putting in, he can always send them up North to Malden where his mate now runs cattle on his farm as well as thoroughbreds, which legally allows him to be in possession of an electrical device, just like his cattle farming mate from the Southwest, J. McLean.

Unfortunately for the racing industry, this isn’t a fairy tale
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:11am
Quote from Smith:

"It's going to take a bit of time before we get it full. I spend a fortnight in Warrnambool and then head back to Perth for a fortnight. It's a pretty hectic lifestyle but I'm loving it."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:45am
Bob Peters uses Adam Durrant and Grant and Alana Williams.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:48am
Do Chris Waller and Gai Waterhouse still have satellite stables in Victoria, whilst living in Sydney?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
And trainers that send horses out here for racing, read Melbourne Cup. Are they here to train their horses?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:54am
Lindsey Smith a puppet trainer, how insulting.
You are lucky he is not into SOCIAL MEDIA innuendo.
But a supporter may be.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:07pm
I think Disco is writing the new Harry Potter trilogy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:21pm
LOL
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:33pm
I've just listened to his podcast during the week & noted a couple of perhaps interesting snippets.
Saone he thinks a lot of & headed to the Thousand Guineas.
Black Heart Bart: Jumpout at B/rat Tues. with Malaguerra & Scales of Justice will tell him if he still wants to race. He's working well & 100% sound but not sure about 'the look in his eye' which will determine his future. He did insist the horse'll be retired if he gives any indication he's had enough.
Asked about the Peters pair in the Everest had no hesitation "I always thought the other horse (Enticing Star) & if I was a betting man I''ve taken the $26 6 weeks ago as he was always going to get the run, otherwise he wouldn't've gone over"
He's over her for 3 wks this term.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:41pm
What is his podcast called, where will I find it ?
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:05pm
Pacodali, doing reasonably well under Maher yet the owners feel the need to send him back to Weir, Quite interesting really. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:15pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:53pm
Owners of Pacodali deserved that.
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:01pm
Sucked in Weiry
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Lindsey Smith a puppet trainer, how insulting.
You are lucky he is not into SOCIAL MEDIA innuendo.
But a supporter may be.

The libelous rubbish posted here is pretty normal for TBV unfortunately.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:18pm
Nothing but facts here
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

What is his podcast called, where will I find it ?

Scroll down to Racing Pulse (podcasts)
Smith is presently No. 18 (need to Load More after 10)
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Nothing but facts here

I know who I'd back were a 1/2 decent lawyer to dispute your statement LOL
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
Such a shame you’re not a lawyer then.

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 2:52pm
Owners of Pacodali getting a taste of karma.
I love it.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:51pm

Reykjavik Rider Dean Yendall advised he was instructed to ride the horse where comfortable without urging him in the early stages and that having done so, then settled further back than anticipated due to the speed of the outside horses going forward and his reluctance to hold a position inside Naval Warfare (IRE) approaching the 1400m. He added he felt he was in a good position rounding the home turn and in his view the horse felt the increased weight. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the horse to be lame in the near hind leg. A veterinary certificate is required before racing again.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:40pm
Just shows that Yendal is a poor judge of horses!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:41pm
It’s a wonder Smith didn’t pick it from the mounting yard seeing as though he is such a brilliant trainer according to some on here.
Must be needing another dose of Weirys potion
This space has been intentionally left blank
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:01am
Possibly jarred it in the deep sand up at Malden
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:23am
Perhaps the snails stopped biting
to the victor
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:20am
hahahaha
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:53pm
Horses do go sore in running.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>